Why the shape of Musee de Louvre is pyramidal?

Started by SoldierofFortune, September 22, 2016, 06:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on September 22, 2016, 06:23:35 AM
Nowadays I'm interested in symbolism falan. Don't get me wrong.

:lol: Also filan ve fiÅŸmekan? :p
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

'Shape' of Louvre Museum is not pyramidal. The pyramids are an independent work designed in 80s by an American architect. Pei. Besides its artistic and architectural value, it is also a matter of culture making; artistic and political controversy; providing new material for one of the most often visited city and the museum in the world, in a capital city of art.  Clashing the old and the new.

It's also designed to be functional with the gate it provides. As the structure was not designed as a museum, apparently the traffic was problematic before the pyramid entry.

One stone...several birds. It's very French.

Other than that Louvre has been built over 7 centuries. It's a palace compound.

http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/pyramide_du_louvre.html

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 22, 2016, 06:51:07 AM
:lol: Also filan ve fiÅŸmekan? :p

Maybe because some weird artist designed it that way?  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!