News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Idiocracy.

Started by pr126, September 09, 2016, 08:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on September 11, 2016, 06:15:32 PM
Completely agreed, which is more or less what I said; mosques, churches, synagogues, Klan rallies and any other meeting that teaches it's flock to be violent should be limited.
So you are fine with groups preaching hate? Let's say a group preaching that all Muslims are filth and basically non-human swine who should be deported? You have to allow that speech, as long as they don't call for violence against Muslims. And no, if they say something like "buy these bullets made of pork so you can send a terrorist to Hell, in the event that a terrorist attack ever happens when you're out and about." Something like that does not count as preaching violence.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on September 11, 2016, 06:41:28 PM
So you are fine with groups preaching hate? Let's say a group preaching that all Muslims are filth and basically non-human swine who should be deported? You have to allow that speech, as long as they don't call for violence against Muslims.
Um...wrong name at the top of the quote mate.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on September 11, 2016, 06:42:29 PM
Um...wrong name at the top of the quote mate.
Oops. Sorry about that.

Shiranu

QuoteLet's say a group preaching that all Muslims are filth and basically non-human swine who should be deported?

Since that is promoting violence, no I don't support it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on September 11, 2016, 06:15:32 PM
Who decides if X happened? Facts aren't some concrete thing clearly evident simply by value of being facts. In other news, wheat production in Oceania is up 5000%.

The same people who do now; other journalists. The only difference I am recommending is that if you are caught chronically spewing misinformation, you cannot be labeled as actual news. This is not rocket science.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on September 11, 2016, 07:26:32 PM
Since that is promoting violence, no I don't support it.
I don't see it. Which part is promoting violence? Calling them non-human? How is that promoting violence? Plenty of black people claim that whites are not human, because the first humans were black. I don't see that as promoting violence. They're just claiming that whites are different than blacks. Plenty of people claim that Hillary Clinton and Obama are not human beings, but are rather demons or reptiles in disguise. Is that promoting violence? I just don't see it.

Is it the deportation thing? I don't see it. Plenty of people here have argued that W. and Cheney should get the death sentence for war crimes/ crimes against humanity, and execution is far worse than deportation, but even that is not really even close to promoting violence (illegal violence), let alone calling for people to be deported because you would like to have an all white country or whatever. I don't see any calls for violence in the example that I provided.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 11, 2016, 07:28:18 PM
The same people who do now; other journalists. The only difference I am recommending is that if you are caught chronically spewing misinformation, you cannot be labeled as actual news. This is not rocket science.

Shall we put Goebbels in charge of truth, or the boys down at Pravda?

Nothing wrong with violence, if you kill the right people.  But people disagree on who those are!

It is OK to be pacifist, but also then be opposed to all government (they do violence) ... being pacifist and pro-government is contradiction ... what I would expect from a starry-eyed neo-liberal.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on September 11, 2016, 06:15:32 PM
Who decides if X happened? Facts aren't some concrete thing clearly evident simply by value of being facts. In other news, wheat production in Oceania is up 5000%.

Shiranu believes that the Truth is out there somewhere.  Too many X-files episodes.  There is only propaganda, public or private sector.  For all I know ... Elvis really is still alive.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on September 12, 2016, 07:16:19 PMFor all I know ... Elvis really is still alive.

no, but Elvis Presley's grand daughter is still around. Looking good too.

Sal1981

Free Speech is a lot like the "Who watches the watchmen" kinda deal.

I for one have the simple position that news is something people call 'news' and is freely available for its viewers. I don't want someone else to decide for me what I consider news. I'm perfectly capable to discern that for myself.

Sendt fra min SM-G920F med Tapatalk