News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Idiocracy.

Started by pr126, September 09, 2016, 08:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

probably directed at transgendered men. Not that biologically born males don't menstruate. At least, that was my first thought upon reading that article.

widdershins

The title of this thread amused me.  I watched that movie 2 days ago.

And yes, this is PC stupidity at its finest.  Talk about going way, way too far trying to do a good thing.  I don't understand the thought processes involved in believing this was in any way anything but a waste of the very resources they are trying to make more available.
This sentence is a lie...

GSOgymrat

Tampons come in handy if you have a bloody nose or gunshot wound.

Whichever school has a competing team is going to say Brown University has tampons in the men's room because they're pussies. It's just too obvious.

Shiranu

For those who are interested in the actual story and not Breitbart tabloid horseshit, here you go...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/09/09/free-tampons-for-all-at-brown-university-this-school-year-even-in-the-mens-room/

QuoteAt midnight the day before fall classes began at Brown University, Viet Nguyen and six other student government representatives crept through campus, looking for bathrooms.

In their hands they held small baskets of feminine hygiene products to stash inside, name-brand tampons and sanitary pads that the next day students would be encouraged to take and use, all free.

They hit 30 buildings and an estimated 70 bathrooms â€" men’s, women’s and gender-neutral â€" in two hours.

“We were really efficient,” Nguyen told The Washington Post early Friday. “It was kind of fun.”

Their late-night deliveries marked the launch of a campuswide initiative to promote tampons and pads as not a luxury item, but as much of a bathroom necessity as toilet paper or hand soap â€" the latest iteration of a national movement sparked earlier this year when debate over the “tampon tax” emerged.

Some states, including Rhode Island, home to Brown, introduced bills to repeal the tampon tax, which labeled feminine hygiene products as luxury goods or nonnecessities, and this summer, New York City officials announced plans to distribute tampons and pads free throughout public schools, homeless shelters and jails.

As fun as the "omg the young liberal kids are out to destroy civilization with PCness!" is... can you people please fact check just once when pr posts? It's really getting obnoxious having to do it by myself.

In response to Breibart...

QuoteSeveral conservative news outlets led with that information, prompting reactions like this on social media:

“Only at a liberal cult university, would you find tampon dispensers in the men’s room.”

“Ivy crazy.”

“INSANITY.”

“STOP THE MADNESS!”

[The ‘tampon tax,’ explained]

In its headline, Breitbart wrote “Brown University Providing Tampons in men’s bathrooms because ‘both sexes menstruate,’ ” though the quote was unattributed and did not appear in the text of the story. Mediaite, in a similar headline, wrote “Brown Univ. to Put Tampons in ALL Bathrooms: ‘Not All People Who Menstruate Are Women,’ ” though, that quote was unattributed as well.

I mean this with sincere curiosity... how long would someone y'all disagree with posted thread after thread with just blatant lies before he would be asked to stop? Would you be so annoyed at people calling them on their bullshit, or actually be more annoyed with the liar himself?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

QuoteI mean this with sincere curiosity... how long would someone y'all disagree with posted thread after thread with just blatant lies before he would be asked to stop? Would you be so annoyed at people calling them on their bullshit, or actually be more annoyed with the liar himself?
Posting an article from the Internet does not constitute lying. I did not make the story up, just posted it.

Besides, there is enough insanity goes on in universities by SJWs and Co. to make this story believable.

Read about defamation

Shiranu

"I'm not a liar, I just chronically post false information about people I don't like that a 10 second fact check proves that it is as made up as it is ridiculous."

I want to give you the credit that you intentionally seek to decieve, because that is decidedly not nearly as bad as being stupid enough to actually believe the shit you post.

It is anything but defamation... If anything I am trying to flatter you.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

QuoteIf anything I am trying to flatter you.
Really? By calling me a liar?

Shiranu, it seems that only you who is following my posts in this fashion.
Are you sure there is no personal grudge involved?

Chill out comrade. Go smoke a joint, or something. 

Munch

Look, some days, you just want to shove an absorbing stick in every orifice before class, thats all men ask for.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

QuoteIn its headline, Breitbart wrote “Brown University Providing Tampons in men’s bathrooms because ‘both sexes menstruate,’ ” though the quote was unattributed and did not appear in the text of the story.

The first thing that hit me in the article was the reliability of that specific quote.  It appeared in the unattributed quote with some clues that it had been tampered, specifically when it began with  "[T]he" indicating that something was rearranged, although not necessarily with malicious intent.  But I was strongly suspicious that journalistic monkey business was afoot.  There is occasionally some questionable shit that takes place on college campuses, but I would suggest that it happens mostly in fraternity houses.  This article seems more intended to smear education, rather than the transgendered.

Mermaid

I don't get why anyone is wasting their energy caring so much about this. Some men do menstruate. And I can speak from personal experience that you can be a college student and too poor to buy food.

I can also speak from recent experience that being caught off guard with no supplies and empty tampon machines sucks royally and can be completely humiliating.

Who cares if there are tampons in the bathroom? Seriously, who cares?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on September 10, 2016, 01:39:37 AM
Really? By calling me a liar?

Shiranu, it seems that only you who is following my posts in this fashion.
Are you sure there is no personal grudge involved?

Chill out comrade. Go smoke a joint, or something. 

Oh please, you give yourself to much credit. I do the same any time someone posts a bs article on a topic I care enough to open, you just happen to post a lot of those and allot bullshit articles.

Shiranu

Also, how many times can you use the excuse of, "I didn't lie, I just posted lies from the same source multiple times!" before an ounce of responsibility and personal pride would kick in...

pr126

QuoteAlso, how many times can you use the excuse of, "I didn't lie, I just posted lies from the same source multiple times!" before an ounce of responsibility and personal pride would kick in...
Every fucking time. Deal with it.
There again, you can ignore it. Can you? I think not.

Don't you see? I am giving you a reason to whine, which is your hobby.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on September 09, 2016, 04:32:31 PM
As fun as the "omg the young liberal kids are out to destroy civilization with PCness!" is... can you people please fact check just once when pr posts?
Whether PR's claims here are BS or not, that doesn't take away from the reality that the young liberal (scratch that, authoritarian, not liberal) kids are out to destroy civilization with PCness. 40 percent and growing are against free speech. Let's look at this a different way. Let's say that 40 percent of young people were in favour of bringing back slavery, and that number was growing year by year. Would you say that that is not something to be worried about? Would the people that don't want to see slavery brought back be overreacting by showing concern for such mass support for bringing back slavery? Would they be paranoid nuts by worrying about slavery maybe being brought back someday, since support for it was close to 50 percent and growing, or would there be no need for concern?

Or since most people already have no problem with slavery (buying products made by people working for slave wages oversees), how about we imagine that almost half of young people want to do away with freedom of religion. Let's say they want to get rid of all of the mosques and make it illegal to practice Islam. Would you be concerned if almost half of the people wanted to basically ban Islam? If 40 percent of young people wanting to do that was not enough to be concerned, at what point would you be concerned? When that number grew to 50 percent? 60 percent? 70 percent? When?