5-Y/O Syrian Boy Pulled From Rubble

Started by Shiranu, August 19, 2016, 02:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Because it's easy to just view them as "the other", or some problem somewhere else in the world, and forget that they are human as well. 250,000+ dead in Syria since the Civil War, and we cry we are "suffering" when refugees flee to our countries.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

Yeah I have seen that.

But will he be a 'moderate' or a 'real' muslim when he grows up? Experts will discuss it after the break.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

What I think is almost more disgusting than the fact that millions of men, women, and children being killed and injured, is people using the tragedy for their political agenda.

The refugee topic is a complicated one. It's not as simple as "block them all". and it's also not as simple as "let them all in".

drunkenshoe

The refugee politics have already been made. And there was nothing complicated about it.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 19, 2016, 03:02:29 PM
What I think is almost more disgusting than the fact that millions of men, women, and children being killed and injured, is people using the tragedy for their political agenda.

The refugee topic is a complicated one. It's not as simple as "block them all". and it's also not as simple as "let them all in".

2 question...

-So how do you propose we discuss the issue without it becoming political? How, exactly, are we suppose to discuss millions of people being displaced because of political conflict without it being political?
-Why is having a political opinion on something therefor invalidating your personal opinion on something? Do you believe it's not possible to be personally outraged by something AND think that something should be done about it at a larger scale than oneself?

The only way this situation changes, no matter what your personal opinion... love them, hate them, meh, whatever about them... is through political discourse, because politics are how our society functions at scales beyond the individual. There is literally no way to effect any sort of meaningful change without politics.

We cant even run a small family without aspects of politics, so how can we deal with millions of victims without politics?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Well, first of all, we can't discuss it without it becoming political. Islam is religion. and religion is politics.

The point is that other people are using this to satisfy their egos and agendas. Islam, especially in these countries is hostile. It's not like the muslims in the U.S. where most of them are moderates. Most of the muslims in the middle east have a much more literal take on it and would obey the law of their god over the law of the state.

It's a soft jihad.

There is a reason the saying "when you import the third world, you get the third world".

I do sympathize with the people over there and I dislike that this is going on, but we can't just import everyone without a massive amount of precautions taken first, otherwise we get more of what we already got. Europe already has suffered lots of islamic violence from muslim refugees.

Something needs to be done, but it's not as simple as "import all the refugees". Maybe taking in refugees is part of the answer? I don't know. I do know though, that taking in too many without enough precautions will result in horrible consequences. Germany is an example of that, if you look up the crime rates and see the massive amount of crime and violence that come from Muslim refugees, it's a warning sign to the rest of the world that even if we do take in refugees, we do need to be careful about it.

Poison Tree

"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Shiranu

Yes, because a conspiracy of that magnitude is more believable.

Just like the Phan Thi Kim Phuc fleeing the fire straight towards the camera, with her clothes and flesh scorched by napalm, and the (grey) helmets behind her calmly strolling along, was all a staged photo to turn Americans against Vietnam. Or the moon landing film is all done in a studio, because you know... flags don't float in zero G or some shit.

Oh, all the while we are sending film crews, stage crews, professional cameras, casting directors, script writers and so-on to the middle of a warzone, risking their lives to create false photos, and not a peek from one of them that it's all staged.

The simplest answer is never right; it can't be pictures from a war, it HAS to be a grand conspiracy with tens of thousands of people who must know about it and yet keep it perfectly under-wraps. And when it's proven true... "Oh, well... THAT time it was true but every other time is still false!".

How boring.

mauricio

Quote from: Shiranu on August 19, 2016, 02:39:58 PM
Because it's easy to just view them as "the other", or some problem somewhere else in the world, and forget that they are human as well. 250,000+ dead in Syria since the Civil War, and we cry we are "suffering" when refugees flee to our countries.

You dismiss the suffering of the victims of badly regulated migration as "suffering'' and crying, very classy.  But i guess it is ok because all the concerns raised over the migrant crisis were just xenophobes who did not want any sandniggers from the war torn countries because they dislike the color brown.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_2015_Paris_attacks#Attackers

Shiranu

Quote from: mauricio on August 20, 2016, 01:00:52 AM
You dismiss the suffering of the victims of badly regulated migration as "suffering'' and crying, very classy.  But i guess it is ok because all the concerns raised over the migrant crisis were just xenophobes who did not want any sandniggers from the war torn countries because they dislike the color brown.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_2015_Paris_attacks#Attackers

No, I dismiss the people who act like they are the end of the world, so we must close our gates. I see you continue to dismiss the basic of humanity of the refugees by referring to them as migrants, as if they are just happily picking up and leaving, migrating, rather than being forced from their homes. 

By the way, all the Paris attack perps were European citizens long before the "migration" issue. These were not refugees, they were European citizens. You are pointing your finger at the wrong person because that wrong person better fits your narrative.

And as posted above, the numbers simply are not in your favour. The refugees simply do not statistically pose any increased threat in crime, only in resources.

I'm going to pull a yall; stop being so emotional and twisting my words.

I am sure the brigade will be here any moment to condemn you for both. I hear their marching now...

mauricio

Quote from: Shiranu on August 20, 2016, 01:18:10 AM
No, I dismiss the people who act like they are the end of the world, so we must close our gates. I see you continue to dismiss the basic of humanity of the refugees by referring to them as migrants, as if they are just happily picking up and leaving, migrating, rather than being forced from their homes. 

By the way, all the Paris attack perps were European citizens long before the "migration" issue. These were not refugees, they were European citizens. You are pointing your finger at the wrong person because that wrong person better fits your narrative.

And as posted above, the numbers simply are not in your favour. The refugees simply do not statistically pose any increased threat in crime, only in resources.

I'm going to pull a yall; stop being so emotional and twisting my words.

I am sure the brigade will be here any moment to condemn you for both. I hear their marching now...

I do not dismiss the suffering of anyone by migrant i mean anyone who travels to live in another country. As in in refugees are migrants but not all migrants are refugees. I do this because we know for a fact that there were many non refugee migrants in the migrant crisis. We also know many refugees migrated from the refugee camps for better life conditions in Europe. This facts do not diminish the suffering of anyone.

"By the way, all the Paris attack perps were European citizens long before the "migration" issue. These were not refugees, they were European citizens. You are pointing your finger at the wrong person because that wrong person better fits your narrative. "

Except this is not true if you actually read the link.

"And as posted above, the numbers simply are not in your favour. The refugees simply do not statistically pose any increased threat in crime, only in resources. "

Yes I'm sure this unskilled unemployed and poor people many of whom have been surrounded by violent environments and ideologies and who are living in countries with increasingly tense ethnic relations do not present any threat of increasing violence and crime. Let's just toss out all of what we know about human nature, violence and crime. This are facts that must be accepted and dealt with to actually find any solution.

mauricio

btw im not even pointing my finger at any person but rather at processes, ideas and conditions.

pr126

Quote from: mauricio on August 20, 2016, 01:08:01 AM
what exactly is your point?
Beware of propaganda.

Germany accepted over a million "asylum seekers" in 2015 of whom were 80% military age young men.
Ask yourself why would they flee a war zone, (assuming they were all from Syria, they were not) leaving their women, children, and elderly behind.