News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

FUN4FREE

Started by Jutter, February 14, 2013, 09:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

$250 doesn't sound like a lot of money to spend on games. I probably have over $1,000 in boardgames at home. And I've only really started collecting them for the past year.

Hobbies are expensive. There's people who drink that kind of money away in a few months. Most people spend more on their TV.

Horsefly

Dota 2 is a pretty fun game, I've got a few beta invites if anyone wants them. Tribes is awesome, Planetside 2 is fun if you've got friends, but the F2P game that really stands out here is APB Reloaded. If you like open world crime games like GTA, you will love this game. There is nothing more fun than driving a souped up car through the city with 3 friends hanging out the windows shooting anything that moves.

SilentFutility

Quote from: "Plu"$250 doesn't sound like a lot of money to spend on games.
It is a lot of money to spend on one game though!
I don't spend any money on gaming at all, just play a bit of CS:S every now and then.

Quote from: "Plu"Hobbies are expensive. There's people who drink that kind of money away in a few months. Most people spend more on their TV.
This is true. A proper hobby is an expensive luxury.

Plu

QuoteIt is a lot of money to spend on one game though!

Depends on how much fun that game is. If you can spend thousands of hours on it, I don't think $250 is a lot of money. It's pretty cheap, even.

_Xenu_

Quote from: "SilentFutility"It is a lot of money to spend on one game though!
I don't spend any money on gaming at all, just play a bit of CS:S every now and then.
Hell, I just play Nexuiz. FPS type games are all pretty similar anyway.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Jutter

Obviously masturbation's a splendit "gratis" option also, but this is a gaming thread. So why did I bring it up? Is figuring that out a computergame? NO! So nevermind, and erm...
...hey LOOKATTHEFREEFIRSTPERSONSHOOTER!!!

https://register.perfectworld.com/bl_splash

Blacklight retribution

This game has novel ways to make free-to-play worthwhile. Three initial games should earn you enough credits to rent killer gear for a day, and that's when the fun starts, without spending a penny.

Other splendid examples of a simillar nature (like HAWKEN) are soon to surface in this here little thread y'all.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

Jutter

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

SvZurich

Whoops!  I misspoke, it was $200, not $250, just doublechecked.  As a beta tester, it was $180 for me as I got a 10% discount.

$200 to unlock all of the heroes in the game at release, all of their costumes including a few enhanced costumes exclusive to that package (Spider-Man's black suit, animating with tendrils is one example), get $100 of ingame currency, permanent 5% bonus XP and bonus item find boost, and a few more items.

See for yourself, and remember, items are being added to this Ultimate set daily.

https://marvelheroes.com/on-exit
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Jutter

200 bucks?  :shock:
I love ya, but you're giving the "for free" concept hidious stretchmarks.
Does this game have a free-to play feature?

SvZurich

Yes it does, Jutter, and I did try its beta for free before buying.  You are offered 5 heroes to choose from for free play, and have a very slight chance of another hero dropping for you as an unlock, same with additional costumes.  

5 out of 26 characters.  You get 1 for free unless you get very lucky.  Not sure if you can earn ingame currency to purchase more, but the regular currency can be used to buy buffs and gear.

For my $180, I get every character on release, every costume on release, $100 of ingame currency, and perma buffs.  Characters and costumes added later will not automatically be mine, but I will have $100 credit to purchase future characters/costumes with.  

So if I want to run around as Deadpool without a mask or in pirate regalia, I can!  I can switch to The Maestro version of The Hulk at will, or play as Emma Frost.  If I want to be Iron Man in the costume from the upcoming movie, I can be.  I can also be Symbiote Spider-Man with alien tendrils pulsating.  If I want to switch to Squirrel Girl (WTF?) or Power Man himself (Luke Cage), I can.  I will run around as Dark Phoenix for certain, and Ms. Marvel!  

A free player may be 1 of 5 starting characters.  That's it.  

If you purchase a "Founder" pack, you can specialize in 1 character with 2 costumes, a team with 2 costumes each (usually 4 members, or just Deadpool with several costumes and more ingame currency than you paid for the set), or every character and costume in the game at release.

Do take a look at the link I posted earlier.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

SvZurich

Weltfrieden

Look out for The Elder Scrolls Online to come out. It will be a F2P MMORPG. I'm psyched!

Plu

After some comments from a friend, I tried League of Legends again. He was right, it is much more fun since the updates the past year or so.

LoneQuietus

If anyone else is using a netbook like me, I'd recommend Kongregate It has literally thousands of flash-based games. Many of them are quality. I've been playing games on that site for 2 years. I've probably played over 3 dozen games.
Memento Mori

Plu

I can totally suggest Kingdom Rush and Kingdom CCG (no relation beyond the name) as Kongregate. The first is one of the best Tower defense games I've played thusfar and the second is the only F2P trading card game worth playing without paying through the nose.