Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by RocketLauncher13, September 02, 2016, 07:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketLauncher13

Hi
I am a new member.

More about myself: I made extensive amount of research about life after death and realized... god is dead...

I love Computer and Software, i am trying to improve in animation skills and editing videos.

i don't like to call myself an atheist, because i had seen many proof about the existence of god, but the amount of evidence that supports that god doesn't exist is overwhelming.

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our little band of heathens.

I'm more of an absence of evidence-atheist than a evidence of absence-atheist myself. But that's alright. Hope you like it here.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Hi. I'm the one they warned you about.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Welcome to our brand of insanity. 

Curious--what proof of god have you come across???

I think there is not a single shred of evidence that god exists.  That lack of any evidence is proof that god does not exist.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

RocketLauncher13

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 02, 2016, 10:37:53 AM
Welcome to our brand of insanity. 

Curious--what proof of god have you come across???

I think there is not a single shred of evidence that god exists.  That lack of any evidence is proof that god does not exist.

Here are some of the list i can manage to pull out:

1. The laws of physics are the same everywhere
2. some of the miracles and witnesses in every century. (weak proof but still makes you question something)
3. NDE (near death experience) which people had report seeing objects very far after being recovered from surgery (spirit gets released from body)
4. Ghosts/Spirits/Jins that could possibly exist in higher dimensions, and the art of channeling/telepathy/remote viewing that science        can't explain.
5. The amazing feelings generated after prayer ( i don't care if its from god or from me) but i feel better when i pray.   i'd do it again.
6. Astral Projection that people claiming to be real so   i had try it... but i could barely remember anything,
7. Time, and Stars aren't scattered in a chaotic way. time moves forward its perfect. (not forward then backward then forward)

Thats all i can think of. thats all the proof to god.
this is just 7 things. but i can write 1000 things that doesn't support the idea of a god.

PickelledEggs

Hi RocketLauncher. welcome to the forums!

Lemme tackle these for you.
Quote from: RocketLauncher13 on September 02, 2016, 12:48:09 PM
Here are some of the list i can manage to pull out:

1. The laws of physics are the same everywhere
Yes. And? That is proof of a god how?

Quote2. some of the miracles and witnesses in every century. (weak proof but still makes you question something)
Can you name some?
Quote3. NDE (near death experience) which people had report seeing objects very far after being recovered from surgery (spirit gets released from body)
I like to call this 'trauma tripping'. When you're close to death and all those chemicals and hormones are firing off in your brain, you're going to hallucinate.
Quote4. Ghosts/Spirits/Jins that could possibly exist in higher dimensions, and the art of channeling/telepathy/remote viewing that science        can't explain.
You can't call something a 'proof' if you don't even know it exists. (also applies to your other points, but even more so on this one)
Quote5. The amazing feelings generated after prayer ( i don't care if its from god or from me) but i feel better when i pray.   i'd do it again.
Yes, just like singing there are feelings generated from prayer.
Quote6. Astral Projection that people claiming to be real so   i had try it... but i could barely remember anything,
Yeah. I mean kids claim that there are monsters in their closet.... just because someone claims something, doesn't mean it to be true. There needs to be some evidence for a proof to be a proof
Quote7. Time, and Stars aren't scattered in a chaotic way. time moves forward its perfect. (not forward then backward then forward)
I'm glad you think it's so beautiful, but chaos=/=perfect.

QuoteThats all i can think of. thats all the proof to god.
this is just 7 things. but i can write 1000 things that doesn't support the idea of a god.
If your other 993 reasons that god could exist are any bit as fruitless as the 7 you just handed us. I'd think again, if I were you.

RocketLauncher13

you misinterrpruted what i had said.
"but i can write 1000 things that doesn't support the idea of a god."

PickelledEggs

Quote from: RocketLauncher13 on September 02, 2016, 02:40:12 PM
you misinterrpruted what i had said.
"but i can write 1000 things that doesn't support the idea of a god."
Oh. Right. Sorry. I just woke up when I wrote that and missed the "doesn't"

Draconic Aiur

God is not dead if God doesn't exist.

And science doesn't mix with religion sorry.

Baruch

Welcome anyway ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.