News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Imam Shot and Killed in Queens, New York

Started by Shiranu, August 13, 2016, 06:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

QuoteYou dislike Christianity.

Not sure where you got that idea. I despise fundamentalist Christianity, just as I despise Wahabbist Islam and Orthodox Judaism. But for the moderates, I am mostly ambient, if not intrigued. Same with any fundamenalist world view, such as violent Communism, far-right nationalism and hateful xenophobia.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Is it xenophobia to dislike a set of beliefs, which at their core, preaches hate, intolerance, and violence?
I would say "no"

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 14, 2016, 07:41:10 PM
Is it xenophobia to dislike a set of beliefs, which at their core, preaches hate, intolerance, and violence?
I would say "no"

No, but it is xenophobic to therefor believe that Muslims in the west as a majority (or even a sizable minority) follow the "core" beliefs (which are as "core" as don't eat shellfish or you will go to hell, and yet few Western Christians actually take that seriously... just as few Western Muslims take the Qu'ran as seriously, or cherry pick the good verses and ignore the bad) and therefor Muslims need to be banned from the countries or believing that by the sheer fact you follow a religion, regardless of what you believe, you are likely to be a terrorist and a monster and are the impending doom of Western civilization as we know it. Saying murder might be justified if enother savage did it to him is pretty xenophobic as well.

Pr has argued these things, and defended politicians who like Trump and that Dutch tool who advocate this and worse. He has defended refugee camps being burnt and their occupants harassed and harmed. That is xenophobia approaching it's worse. And right-wing terrorists like Breivik did his killings in the name of Pr's ideology... as did the Munich shooter who was specifically targeting Muslims. That is what an ideology of fear gets you.

Pr's ideology believes that Muslims need to be treated as a threat; doesn't matter if they are doctors, policemen, soldiers, fire fighters, scientists, students or just running a small business and trying to get by day to day... they are all, potentially, radical threats to our way of life and, even if they will not blow us up or convert us to sharia, their children more than likely will... or that they are secretly supporting the radicals by their silence on an issue they have no relation to. If you don't believe that is xenophobia, or that is acceptable, then I really doubt there is much getting through to you.

I find it surprising that someone who just argued that emotions are worse than reason, and who constantly attacks people he disagrees with for being "emotional", is so quick to defend a mindset that feeds on fear and hatred of the other, to defend a poster who's only tool is fear, fear and more fear of "the savage man". It's not the first hypocritical thing you have done, but it is certainly one of the more glaring.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Johan on August 14, 2016, 01:30:41 AM
Shiranu, have you been to NYC? Have you experienced the culture there? I have and I'm with Nonsensei, it could have been literally anything.

If we were talking about a shooting of two muslims walking home from a mosque taking place in Columbus or St Louis or Kansas City then I would agree that there stands a good chance trump supporters were on the other end of the gun. But in NYC that chance is reduced to the point that its literally a nothing more than a dice roll. It could be their muslim background. But there is just as much a chance that it could be because they happened to be on that particular street at that particular time and nothing more.

If we want to be tin foil hat political .. it was Hitlerly supporters pretending to be Donald Duck supporters what done it ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Interestingly enough, the Mayor of New York said that even if this wasn't a hate crime towards Muslims, it's shameful how often they have been targeted by bigotry in NYC. I doubt he would know much about the culture of NYC though. It's not like he is the mayor, or born and raised there...

And on the topic of these damn muslims we gotta keep out...

How dreadful.

PickelledEggs

Watch out. We got our social justice authority sharing memes, guys! lol

What the hell does this have to do with refugees, btw? You're speculating again, shiranu.

You.
Don't.
Know.
The.
Motive.
Yet.

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 14, 2016, 10:31:59 PM
Watch out. We got our social justice authority sharing memes, guys! lol

What the hell does this have to do with refugees, btw? You're speculating again, shiranu.

You.
Don't.
Know.
The.
Motive.
Yet.

Man, aren't you just a precious little ball of emotional.

Never said it had anything to do with refugees but instead was an expansion of the threads b-story with pr. I am assuming this is expressed consent to put words in your mouth, yes? I wouldn't dare assume that you would be doing such, as well as constant personal insults in multiple threads, without giving the other side a fair chance.

Nor could I ever believe that if I posted half the personal insults you and or have in the last couple of days, you would be spamming me with red text that I need to calm down. That hypocrisy would surely not fit your outstanding character.

PickelledEggs

I'm not the one that is emotional. Are you sure you're not projecting?

And just because I've never given you my consent in the past, it hasn't stopped you from twisting my words and putting some in my mouth.

You have an issue with your emotions overriding your logic. I'd try to work on that if I were you.

PickelledEggs

You know, Shiranu. Maybe if you didn't twist people's words so hard and speculate so much, they wouldn't feel so justified in calling out your bullshit.

Shiranu

You have twisted and made assumptions about my posts this entire thread... practically every post in response to you has been pointing that out.

So please, save me the self righteous bullshit when every post has been either or personal attack or stating I said something I didn't. It's not very becoming.

Bad enough I have to deal with idiots stalking my social media for daring to imply that Muslims are human too, now I have to deal with a hypocritical moderator who threatens suspension if you act like even a half the douche he does, and acts as if he is behaving as a Vulcan would when he couldn't be further from the truth.

Whatever. if that's the tactics your side has to offer, then that feels like solid enough evidence I am on the right side.

pr126

Shiranu, I have a question for you, (prompted by your avatar).

A Muslim woman in a western country wears a black robe and the niqab (face veil).

What does that signal to non-Muslims?

It is a complete isolation, unapproachable, unknowable person.
A totally alien concept to Europeans.

How is that helping for integration, social interaction, employment?

PickelledEggs

Nonsensei

Just FYI I think his avatar is a Nazgul from lord of the rings, not some woman in a burqa.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

pr126

Quote from: Nonsensei on August 15, 2016, 01:06:57 AM
Just FYI I think his avatar is a Nazgul from lord of the rings, not some woman in a burqa.
I couldn't tell the difference. Still,  the question is valid.