What's your take on this complete drivel a theist posted?

Started by DavidOller, August 11, 2016, 06:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

I no longer care that someone believes in a god or not. If they want to brag from either side then bully for them.  I'm not impressed either way.  Atheists bragging about there not being a god is every bit as arrogant as someone bragging there is a god..   
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jason78

Ah!  It's the old presupposition apologetic routine.   

It basically rests on the premise that their god exists, and you are assuming a worldview where it doesn't.   Rather than starting from a position of reality being the arbiter of truth, they start from the position that god is truth and any other truth has to come from that.   
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

widdershins

Nothing but a load of drivel.  What the hell does "knowledge is infinite" even mean?  I'm not even sure how the word "knowledge" is being used here.  Is it "what is known" or "what is knowable"?

This is just someone saying a bunch of shit trying to sound smart without even having a clear point.  It sounds like a "If there is too much for us to know then there must be someone greater than use who could know it all" argument, which, of course, is horse shit.  Because I don't have two dicks doesn't mean that there must be someone greater than me out there who does.
This sentence is a lie...

Shukhov

It's shit worth only laughter and derision.

WysÅ,ane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it".

George Santayana.

"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth".

Mikhail Bakunin.

Unbeliever

Quote from: widdershins on August 17, 2016, 01:06:27 PM
Because I don't have two dicks doesn't mean that there must be someone greater than me out there who does.
I bet there is, though... :headscratch:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Shukhov on August 17, 2016, 03:48:37 PM
It's shit worth only laughter and derision.

WysÅ,ane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Yeah, it's all fun and games until they've infiltrated the entire governing structure of our nation, as they've done in others.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

widdershins

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 17, 2016, 04:20:36 PM
I bet there is, though... :headscratch:
Maybe.  But then you could go the next step.  Because he only has two dicks doesn't mean there must be someone out there greater than him with three.
This sentence is a lie...