News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I know why Abrahamic religion won

Started by Radebu, August 13, 2016, 05:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radebu

I know why it won.

It made this God a jealous God "Bible confirms it". Sort of a weak power stricken tribe of people. You can compare it to bullies or nations, they just kicks ass and this helpless kid wishes them dead. Thats kinda with the god of abraham is like.

And basically they were owned dozens of time so they created this jealous god as a form of insecurity on other gods because they zealously found comfort in dislike or disregard it for other gods because they simply were owned and disowned poor people. While the other hardworking cultures won again and again with their gods, wars and chaos just running over them boom. Until the sect of Christianity came and became more missionary instead of the so called chosen people.

So yeah... i think this is where the idea of Richard Dawkins memes comes in. Basically ideas spread... and thats the result. (not to be confused with internet memes)

But their strength was to sorta shame other gods or other cultural lifestyles outside their own that they didnt like. I guess the strenght was sorta be zealous of this god and ignore the other mysterious that existed. Other gods and sorcery. nooope... But this god yup.

Does that make sense ^^

Come to think of it. I like to imagine in the movie "The Ten Commandments" from 1953, that secularism is Egypt, and the zealous people are the hebrew slaves. Although its not actually historical, but the illustration sinks in with the comparison. Although i admire the movie even if its old

Leviticus 20:23
You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them.

The 5 books of Moses from historical sources is said to be written in 600 or 500 BC from what i heard during Babylonian exile, which makes sense why (The whore of Babylon) is sorta added in book of Revelation. But thats just what i have heard. So it makes sense why this greatest strength is purely "Shame guilting" i mean its effective

Mr.Obvious

Well, I wouldn't say it 'won'. The Abrahamic religions are most prevalent in the world right now, true. But judging by history, give it a few thousand years and other variations or new religions altogether will be most predominant. Heck, Abrahemic variations are in clinch right now with eachother and other non-abrahamic religions. It's a never-ending struggle. How does one claim victory in a never-ending struggle?  (Mayhaps by not partaking in the struggle at all. The only 'winning move' could be concidered to not adhere to any religion whatseoever.)

But one of the most important, if not the most important, reason for the prevalence of Abrahamic religions that was taught to me was that they put great emphasis on converting the heathens. (With the exception of Judaïsm, which is the least prevalent of the Abrahamic religions.) By force if necessary. Combine this with the fact that Christianity and Islam became much more 'accepting' of new members. 'Accepting' as in anyone could just join if they converted. In many other religions you couldn't just join. You couldn't just 'become' a follower of said religion. Not that easily.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Internal reasons, other than warfare and parental brainwashing ... there are advantages with congregational religions over temple religions.  Temple religions like Hinduism ... in its popular form ... is spectacle.  In Abrahamic religion you have an individual aspect and an improved social aspect IMHO.  Popular Buddhism isn't to different from polytheism, and serious Buddhism requires monastic practice, which will never be a mass movement ... though it managed to cross-pollinate with early Christianity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.