Sargon of Akkad analyzes TYT's coverage of "Justice for Harambe"

Started by PickelledEggs, August 31, 2016, 03:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

FaithIsFilth

I thought Justice For Harambe meant justice for Leslie Jones having her naked pictures posted online, but yeah, I saw this Sargon video a couple days ago. Nothing Anna and Cenk said surprised me. They freak out and get triggered hard by silly shit like this all the time.

Anna in particular is such a cuck, that I bet she would even agree with this Professor  http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439478/university-of-iowa-herky-mascot-angry-blogger

GSOgymrat

With both Sargon of Akkad and TYT I watched a couple of episodes and decided they weren't for me.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 31, 2016, 02:04:54 PM
With both Sargon of Akkad and TYT I watched a couple of episodes and decided they weren't for me.
Yeah. He's a bit of a dick. But if you get past that, he does point out the ridiculousness that the TYT has become

GSOgymrat

I never followed TYT so I only know from reading other articles  they have become more extreme. From what I have read they were once fairly well respected.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 31, 2016, 02:15:57 PM
I never followed TYT so I only know from reading other articles  they have become more extreme. From what I have read they were once fairly well respected.
They were. They started out pretty level-headed and I noticed after a while that they wen't down hill. I watched them more early on, but they kind of circle-jerked themselves in to oblivion. They have a very biased world view now. Almost impenetrable, how thick headed they've become.

GSOgymrat

Speaking of YouTubers and politics, I was surprised YouTube pulled advertising reimbursement from Philip Defranco's latest video. I assume it was because of what Chris Brown said in the video and not Defranco's comments.

https://youtu.be/NdVUOBNfwkI

PS - YouTube representatives told Defranco, per their terms of service, in addition to profanity, "controversial or sensitive subjects or events, including subjects relates to war, political conflict, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic images are not used" are considered inappropriate for advertising. Kind of makes it difficult to create a news channel.

Baruch

The revolution will not be televised.  The Internet has always been a tool of the authorities.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on August 31, 2016, 06:42:42 PM
The Internet has always been a tool of the authorities.

... and for the authorities to polish their tools.

Munch

TYT, I use to watch them, until it became apparent they were so ultra liberal there was no reason to be made with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8Pl8o_9uU

Being humble might help chunks viewership a lot more.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Or perhaps TYT has always been the same and the current political shift and climate and the constant high tension cause everyone (individual or group) shifting from their previous positions with different reactions. I mean groups and individuals seperately.

While everythig is under the influence of a huge global political right shift, thinking as individuals we are, or groups out there would not be influenced by this would be ridiculous.

(Having said that I personally believe nothing actually changed. We just now have too many channels/mediums and flow of information.)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 01, 2016, 06:18:26 AM
Or perhaps TYT has always been the same and the current political shift and climate and the constant high tension cause everyone (individual or group) shifting from their previous positions with different reactions. I mean groups and individuals seperately.

That is true. A definite possibility.

Hijiri Byakuren

Eh, TYT themselves aren't that great, but their network affiliates such as Secular Talk are still quite good.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Don't worry DS ... if we go far enough Right, we will cross the line to Far Left ;-)

Only the Czar can produce a Lenin.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.