News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

You're all wasting your time

Started by DeltaEpsilon, August 18, 2016, 10:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: SGOS on August 21, 2016, 11:06:10 AM
From the context, I assume he means, Hitchens, Harris, Dawkins and other writers who have been discussing atheism, 

The "new" atheism movement would still be happening with or without the noted authors. Atheism is the natural end of the procession of skepticism, reason, education and end logic. Education is by far the greatest promoter of skepticism which is the founding block for the progression to atheism. Though, frankly I would like us to invent a new name….
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Sal1981

Quote from: aitm on August 22, 2016, 05:22:34 PM
The "new" atheism movement would still be happening with or without the noted authors. Atheism is the natural end of the procession of skepticism, reason, education and end logic. Education is by far the greatest promoter of skepticism which is the founding block for the progression to atheism. Though, frankly I would like us to invent a new name….
Atheism Pro.
Skeptheist.
Reasonist?
Educatheist.

widdershins

Quote from: Sal1981 on August 23, 2016, 08:19:50 AM
Atheism Pro.
Skeptheist.
Reasonist?
Educatheist.
I like it.  That one has my vote.
This sentence is a lie...

DeltaEpsilon

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 20, 2016, 03:01:36 PM
I count twenty-one about social justice. I am much more interested in social justice and politics than religion. I've never been interested convincing people atheism is better than religion but I do believe in a secular society. Keep church and state separate. I like psychology, philosophy, sociology and political science and don't consider these topic a waste of time.

Political science is not a real science.
The fireworks in my head don't ever seem to stop

Baruch

Quote from: DeltaEpsilon on August 24, 2016, 11:17:08 AM
Political science is not a real science.

Neither is economics ... they are bastard twins separated at birth.  As Corsican Twins they still operate as one body, even when separated.  This is called fascism.  Stab one, the other feels it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.