News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who are the Democrats?

Started by pr126, July 18, 2016, 11:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker1Six

Quote from: pr126 on July 19, 2016, 04:48:02 AM
Looks like some here treat their political party as a religion.
One gets a similar  response when a religion is criticized.

I hope Hillary will fulfill all your wishes and give you everything you deserve.

Touche!  Hey, PR!   If you weren't aware of it..........................they're a bit sensitive about being reminded they're on the opposite side of the shit covered coin the GOP inhabits!  Just sayin.............................

When you run dogma and orthodoxy it's bullshit!   When we run it........................it's enlightened progressivism.  :)   Nobody is goring our sacred ox today! 

The United States Environmental Protection Agency(EPA or sometimes USEPA) is an agency of the U.S. federal government which was created for the purpose of protecting human health and the environment by writing and enforcing regulations based on laws passed by Congress.[3] The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 2, 1970, after Nixon signed an executive order  Aaahhhhhh a very famous leftie at that!   LOL!   

Fucking GOP!!!!

widdershins

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 19, 2016, 01:59:22 PM
Considering how much Republicans are stuck in the past, I'd expect history to be their strong suit.  I guess not.
Republicans worship a revisionist history which never really existed and one in which they played no roll in making things the way they are.  If you listen to them talk about "taking America back" they want to magic us back to a day when murder and rape didn't happen...well, they happened a LOT to black people back then, but in those days things that happened to black people tended not to make it into any official documents such as police investigations or court records.

And they don't ever have any real plan to do this, either.  Maybe put God back in the schools.  Like that ship hasn't sailed, sunk and been the subject of a National Geographic documentary already.  But that's pretty much it, the entire plan to "take America back" to that time that never really existed.  But a shitload more has changed than just starting school with a prayer, and the murder rate has been climbing since the early 1900s, not since the middle of the century, as they all seem to believe.

So yeah, they just LOVE them some history, but not the history found in any books.  They love the history found only in their heads.  It's easy and convenient to forget that Democrats were the conservative party back when they were for slavery, "conservative" meaning, in condensed form, "averse to change".  Slavery was legal at the time, getting rid of it was change, the Democratic party, being conservative, did not like or want change.  Meanwhile the liberal Republicans of the time were expanding government on an unprecedented scale for the time.
This sentence is a lie...

Jannabear

Democrats and republicans used to be opposites of what they are, the democrats were conservatives and the republicans were liberals, then they switched.
This is the dumbest shit ive ever seen.

Shiranu

QuoteBut with time comes change.

Pr after reading that...

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

pr126 without a vast array of all powerful enemies, would be a day without sunshine ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

The way I see trump is a person who will promise great pay (and power) to anyone who might support his strong man tactics well beyond anything anything we've ever seen before in the US. It's been seen time and time again in many other nations especially in South and Central America where political kidnapping and assassination become mainstream.
It's pretty simple really. You double or triple someone's pay, promote them without any merit whatsoever just because they'll go along with your plans and give them license to use their position to get rid of anyone standing in their way of living 'the good life'..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

In Team America, there are three kinds of people ... dicks, assholes and pussies.  Choose wisely.  Carter didn't make me feel safe, he was too weak.  Bush Sr did make me feel safe.  Clinton didn't make me feel safe, he was too weak.  Bush Jr and Obama didn't make me feel safe either, they were too bellicose.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on July 28, 2016, 07:21:27 PM
In Team America, there are three kinds of people ... dicks, assholes and pussies.  Choose wisely.  Carter didn't make me feel safe, he was too weak.  Bush Sr did make me feel safe.  Clinton didn't make me feel safe, he was too weak.  Bush Jr and Obama didn't make me feel safe either, they were too bellicose.
"There's no safety this side of the grave."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 30, 2016, 07:06:15 AM
"There's no safety this side of the grave."

But safety form enemies foreign and domestic, is the prime mission of government.  Quite a con job.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on July 30, 2016, 08:58:55 AM
But safety form enemies foreign and domestic, is the prime mission of government.  Quite a con job.
I forgot you're a fringer. Carry on.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers