Black Christians - Why do they exist?

Started by Blackleaf, July 30, 2016, 09:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g2perk

Quote from: Baruch on August 17, 2016, 08:26:25 PM
Quotation marks are your friend.  Otherwise everything you post is yours to keep.
Ok

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

leo

Quote from: g2perk on August 17, 2016, 12:44:06 PM
There is no such thing as religion. The white man made that part up to take control of peoples minds.

Dude I want some of what you are smoking. Christianity is clearly a religion. The true religion is Chucksterism by the way.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

g2perk

Quote from: leo on August 18, 2016, 08:38:33 AM
                                                                                                                                                   Dude I want some of what you are smoking. Christianity is clearly a religion. The true religion is Chucksterism by the way.
Yes there are several diff religions. But religion is what kills you..A relationship with Christ is what is needed.

Mike Cl

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 08:50:42 AM
Yes there are several diff religions. But religion is what kills you..A relationship with Christ is what is needed.

I can go along with your take on religion.  I phrase it as organized religion kills. 

But, as for the christ part, do you mean Jesus?  You do realize that christ is not Jesus' last name, but a title.  There were many christ's in those days.  If you are referring to Jesus of the bible, then you are referring to a fiction, for that particular Jesus did not exist. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

g2perk

Ok. Mike , again google it. Jesus Christ was a real man that walk on this earth. Look for the facts please.

leo

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 08:50:42 AM

Dude nobody can have a personal relationship with Jesus because you ( and others claiming a  personal relationship with Jesus BS don't know Jesus ) . You claiming a personal relationship with Jesus is like me claiming a personal relationship with Julius Cesar. I don't know Julius Caesar ( he died many years ago ) and you don't know Jesus ( Jesus died over 2000 years ago). If you are claiming to have  a personal relationship with Jesus , you need proof like pics or vids or it never happen.  Your conversation in your head with Jesus doesn't count. Christianity is a religion. Deal with it.

g2perk

Are you 100% sure about that. Are you following others. Think Leo outside the box. Stop listening to the world. THIS IS REAL..DUDE.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 09:06:01 AM
Ok. Mike , again google it. Jesus Christ was a real man that walk on this earth. Look for the facts please.
[lmgtfy]Did Jesus exist?[/lmgtfy] The top search results suggest that he didn't. Sorry bud, try again.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

stromboli

In order to have a "personal relationship" with Jesus you have to know about him. You wouldn't know about him without Christianity, which is a religion; a religion that touts a personal relationship with him. If you believe in Jesus you accept the basic concept of religion.

And Jesus of the bible is a fiction. His existence cannot be proven by any objective evidence, so to assume you have a personal relationship with a fictional character is no different than believing in Tinkerbell or Santa Claus.

Duncle

Children often have personal relationships with imaginary friends. Some grow out of it; others become Christians.

Blackleaf

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 09:06:01 AM

No. There is no evidence that Jesus existed. The books written about him were written in the second century, long after Jesus and all of his disciples were dead. And the most often cited "historian" cited as evidence, Josephus, was neither alive at Jesus' time (born after his supposed death), nor was he unprejudiced. Christians claim he's an impartial historian, but he was a Christian who wrote that the earth was created in six days. In other words, his words mean nothing. Proof of Jesus' existence is suspiciously absent from any kind of contemporary text, which gives us plenty of reason to think that he was a work of fiction, a plagiarization of tales of other men who came before him.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

leo

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 09:39:22 AM
Are you 100% sure about that. Are you following others. Think Leo outside the box. Stop listening to the world. THIS IS REAL..DUDE.

Dude. Your imaginary conversations with Jesus are in your head and aren't real. You are  a grown man believing  in imaginary friends . That's pathetic and dangerous. How tall is Jesus ? How he looks? He is talking with you in English or Aramaic ? Dude get real. I would be equally as insane  claiming to have a personal relationship with Michael Jackson. I know about Michael Jackson but I never met the guy in person.

leo

Quote from: stromboli on August 18, 2016, 10:36:54 AM
In order to have a "personal relationship" with Jesus you have to know about him. You wouldn't know about him without Christianity, which is a religion; a religion that touts a personal relationship with him. If you believe in Jesus you accept the basic concept of religion.

And Jesus of the bible is a fiction. His existence cannot be proven by any objective evidence, so to assume you have a personal relationship with a fictional character is no different than believing in Tinkerbell or Santa Claus.
Knowing about a person isn't enough to have a personal relationship. You have to meet and interact with the person.

g2perk

Quote from: leo on August 18, 2016, 02:40:14 PM
                                                                                                                                                       Dude. Your imaginary conversations with Jesus are in your head and aren't real. You are  a grown man believing  in imaginary friends . That's pathetic and dangerous. How tall is Jesus ? How he looks? He is talking with you in English or Aramaic ? Dude get real. I would be equally as insane  claiming to have a personal relationship with Michael Jackson. I know about Michael Jackson but I never met the guy in person.
Opinions opinions... If they were only right. So enlighten me. What do you have to look forward to with not believing in anything. Do you live without any hope.

Blackleaf

Quote from: g2perk on August 18, 2016, 03:58:50 PM
Opinions opinions... If they were only right. So enlighten me. What do you have to look forward to with not believing in anything. Do you live without any hope.

No. It is not an opinion. You do not have a relationship with God. You do not interact with him. You talk, he stays silent. That is not a relationship. Unless you actually hear his voice when you pray to him, in which case I'd say you need some medication.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--