Treasonous bastard Trump openly asks Russia to hack Clinton

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, July 27, 2016, 12:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Love her or hate her doesn't matter right now as much as what Trump just said..
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 e-mails that are missing,” he said. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens. That will be next.”

A candidate for president openly asking our nemises to hack into government servers? I call this treason .
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Nonsensei

Depends on what is in the 30,000 emails doesn't it? People call Edward Snowden a traitor, but in my view he did the American people an immeasurable service.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Nonsensei on July 27, 2016, 12:47:48 PM
Depends on what is in the 30,000 emails doesn't it? People call Edward Snowden a traitor, but in my view he did the American people an immeasurable service.
I think one person deciding on his onesies to alter US political character is rash and dangerous.

In other news, John Hinckley will be released from prison soon.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

mauricio

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 27, 2016, 01:07:22 PM
I think one person deciding on his onesies to alter US political character is rash and dangerous.

In other news, John Hinckley will be released from prison soon.
The change in politics would be the individual will of all the voters deciding on the face of new information. It is not one person who decides this change. Plus considering the massive imbalance of information between the public and the government this can help make that relationship more fair. But yeah the effects can be quite unpredictable and dangerous.

Unbeliever

I think he did the whole world an immeasurable service.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

GSOgymrat

I'm honestly confused by some people's reaction to this. People are understandable upset about Clinton's handling of emails but then the future POTUS asks a hostile government to please hack our servers so he can use the information against his opponent in a democratic election and the reaction is "what's the big deal? Maybe it would be helpful."

mauricio

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 27, 2016, 05:32:34 PM
I'm honestly confused by some people's reaction to this. People are understandable upset about Clinton's handling of emails but then the future POTUS asks a hostile government to please hack our servers so he can use the information against his opponent in a democratic election and the reaction is "what's the big deal? Maybe it would be helpful."
because it is meaningless. Trump has said crazier shit before it is just words and we already know he is a loudmouth. The hack already happened the hackers identities are unknown, wikileaks said they will release more information as time goes on. They even promised some of the info is legally damming against HC. Why would some random russian hackers even listen to trump anyway and why the fuck would trump be asking publicly for something like that if it really was part of his schemes. He is just talking like he is just some guy part of his following, that is part of his shtick. He disregards the language games of high level political figures. He is just expressing his desire that the corruption of Clinton is made explicit a desire that resonates well with his followers.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: mauricio on July 27, 2016, 05:47:22 PM
because it is meaningless. Trump has said crazier shit before it is just words and we already know he is a loudmouth. The hack already happened the hackers identities are unknown, wikileaks said they will release more information as time goes on. They even promised some of the info is legally damming against HC. Why would some random russian hackers even listen to trump anyway and why the fuck would trump be asking publicly for something like that if it really was part of his schemes. He is just talking like he is just some guy part of his following, that is part of his shtick. He disregards the language games of high level political figures. He is just expressing his desire that the corruption of Clinton is made explicit a desire that resonates well with his followers.

I need to lower my expectations.

mauricio

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 27, 2016, 06:02:06 PM
I need to lower my expectations.

Yes, it has been shown to reduce your chances of suicide.

GSOgymrat

I'm not THAT concerned about Trump being president. I would rather Clinton win, mainly because I can stay married, but either way we're good.

chill98

aww... russia isn't going to do anything to hurt clinton.  She's in putin's pocket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td2pyyCau30

Baruch

I am not sure that Russia is hostile.  I know that the R and D folks are Satan's spawn!  But no, I don't think that Snowden did the right thing ... though I understand why he did it.  What poisons it for me ... with Trump or Snowden, is the narcissism.

The Chinese have been fingered as hacking her worthless email server.  The Russians claim they already have a copy.  So they don't need to hack anything.  What should be known is how many promises the Clintons have made to foreign powers for money into the Clinton Foundation fund.  Trump is saying, just share what you already have, with the US people.  But we don't want to know the truth!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Right or wrong, Snowden had a very different rationale for his leak.  Trump's rationale is a petty as they come - securing political power.  While not technically treason (four words I never thought I'd have to utter regarding a POTUS candidate), wishing that a foreign power breaches our information security to embarrass his political opponent is an incredibly stupid thing to say.  In any sane world, this would end a political career.

GSOgymrat

The issue for me has nothing to do with information leaks but with Trump saying publically that he wants the Russians to investigate US government emails for his own personal gain. If he makes deals like this publically what will he do privately while he is in office? I imagining him pushing legislation and making foreign policy in order to secure his financial interests when he leaves office. Hillary's a narcissist but she wants power in the framework of an existing government. Trump's narcissism manifests in making deals that benefit himself financially and the power to fire anyone who gets on his bad side.

trdsf

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 27, 2016, 12:17:05 PM
Love her or hate her doesn't matter right now as much as what Trump just said..
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 e-mails that are missing,” he said. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens. That will be next.”

A candidate for president openly asking our nemises to hack into government servers? I call this treason .
Yup, I'm on board with that analysis.

I mean, seriously, the race is down to a self-absorbed billionaire brat who "earned" his wealth by inheriting it and who has just committed treason by explicitly inviting a foreign power to get involved in a domestic political battle on his side, vs. a former senator and secretary of state, and it's as close as it is?

What the actual fuck, America?

If you wanted choices other than Donnieboy and Hillary, you had them, but the majority spoke, and quite frankly, the majority of Republicans are obviously fucking idiots if they chose that selfish, self-centered, lying, hypocritical, six-times-bankrupt crook.  Hillary at least has the appropriate experience, whether or not you like what she did when she was a Senator and SecState.  I think Kasich is a fucking idiot, but I will admit that he at least has appropriate experience, unlike the circus peanut with a dead chihuahua on his head that the GOP went ahead and nominated anyway.

I voted Bernie in the primary -- but at least plan B on my side of the aisle isn't a traitor!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan