News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by Abel2, July 25, 2016, 02:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abel2

I plan to go over to catholicism and just wanna debate atheists here. I am currently reading the catechism. Either way nice to meet.

Johan

Are you going to participate or is this just a late night driveby never to be seen again?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

widdershins

"Debate"?  Is THAT what you call your posts?  I would LOVE to "debate" with you, assuming you're more capable of intelligent thought than our last Catholic convert.  But it looks to me more like you want to insult and argue and pretend that all atheists are vile, subhuman creatures bent on...I'm not sure what you people DO think it is we are "bent on" other than leading you away from God, but there's definitely some other evil intent there, I'm sure.

The reality is I'm just a guy.  I used to be religious, I definitely chose the wrong religion and, when I figured that out, I spent 2 years looking to see if there was a "right" one.  Catholicism was actually top of my list for Christian religions, being the oldest Christian religion on the planet.  "Upon this rock" and all that.  But I talked to people of many Christian religions.  All at the same time, actually.  Do you know what they all spent their time doing?  Telling me how the others were wrong and defending against what the others said was wrong with them.  Not one of them could do more than smear the others and not one of them acted any more "Godly" than the others.  I came to the conclusion that it was all made-up bullshit.  I wasn't "angry with God".  I didn't "turn from God".  I just don't believe in God.  Not evil, don't worship Satan, don't want to see people who disagree with me suffer, don't even want you to stop believing.  Have your religious beliefs.  Enjoy them.  Don't care.  It's not my life, I don't care what you do with it.  Whatever makes you happy.  Do I think you're a bit of an idiot for believing?  Of course!  It's no different than you thinking me a bit of an idiot for not believing.  But do I want to take away your beliefs or attack you for them?  Well, I'm not the one who went to a Catholic forum now am I?
This sentence is a lie...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Abel2 on July 25, 2016, 02:47:47 AM
I plan to go over to catholicism and just wanna debate atheists here. I am currently reading the catechism. Either way nice to meet.
Any attention is better than what you have now, right?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Abel2 on July 25, 2016, 02:47:47 AM
welcome.  What do you mean by debate?  Do you seriously think you can change my way of thinking?  But I tell you what-if you want to discuss why you believe the way you do and discuss why I think the way I do, then I'm up for it.  If you want a cool and calm discussion, I can and will participate.  If you want a name calling contest, then skip me.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Flanker1Six

Got any good lookin' daughters?   MU HAH HAH HAH HAH!!!!!   :madu:

Did I say that out loud?   

I meant.................welcome to the forum!   :angel:

Baruch

Catachism = when it rains cats ;-)

Actually a very ancient teaching method, from ancient Rome, in the memorized question/answer format.  Good luck with your catechumenate.  Catholic priests today have the equivalent of a PhD in Catholic religious studies.  This makes for a pretty impressive bag of dogma.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Johan on July 25, 2016, 06:32:35 AM
Are you going to participate or is this just a late night driveby never to be seen again?
3 posts, all from starting threads, hasn't responded. Probably a drive-by.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Johan

Yep.  Passed out, sobered up and will never show his face again. Typical.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful