Boy Scouts Survive Gay Members! WTF?!

Started by Flanker1Six, July 23, 2016, 11:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker1Six

Hard to believe, eh? 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boy-scouts-faring-well-easing-ban-gay-adults-160620858.html

As a sidelight................I recently engaged in a conversation with decades long lefty friends.  Children of the '60s protest movement, life Mother Jones members, always knee jerk voted for Democrats.   

The conversation  subject was LGBT parenting rights.   My esteemed liberal friends were bleeping outraged the topic was getting any traction at all.  It was ridiculous LGBTs were being considered at all for any parenting rights(mind you; one of his sisters is a life long open lesbian); given their propensity to indoctrinate the kids with their pervoid lifestyle!    I countered that there was absolutely NO documentable or repeatable evidence to suggest LGBTs engaged in any such parental  behavior.  Man!  They weren't having any of that shit!   

I have to admit; I marked (and told them about it) the date on my calendar as the one of the few times I'd ever been to the left of them on an issue!  LOL!

stromboli

Weird, but I can relate. I knew out and out hipsters who had some surprisingly racist and conservative ideas.

AllPurposeAtheist

Nothing surprising about closeted racists among the leftys. I've known plenty of people who pretend to be progressive and very liberal, but when it gets right down to it they're just as greedy and uncaring as any hard line conservative.  Few people will openly admit to being liberal and racist at the same time, but they'll move to the burbs where they don't have to "be exposed to" black people, hide themselves away and practically baracade themselves in and arm themselves to the teeth out of the fear of crime,  blah blah blah .. They buy right into the fear mongering sold day in day out on Fox and every other mainstream media outlet and buy right into the tough on crime, build a wall,  lock em up mentality.
Oh, they'll go online and espouse all the left wing talking points alright, but when the rubber meets the road they live in fear just like the stereotypes of everything right wing. 
I refuse to let my life be ruled by fear of the imaginary boogie man that's out to steal every possession I own with the notion that I should have the right to kill anyone who so much as looks at 'my stuff' the wrong way especially when the person looking might be a minority, gay or just anyone who looks slightly different.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.