News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

DNC email leaks.

Started by mauricio, July 23, 2016, 06:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker1Six

Quote from: mauricio on July 24, 2016, 04:29:36 AM
the DNC is supposed to be neutral and unbiased. Here you have emails that show attempts to push narratives against Bernie (https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/11056), you have Debbie Wasserman telling an MSNBC show to stop criticizing her and the DNC in defense of Bernie. (https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/10945). It is also interesting how they use Machiavellian language. "making narratives" "pushing stories"  This is obviously unsurprising considering the nature of politics, but now you have pieces of evidence of the DNC deliberately influencing journalism to propagandize and harm one of their own candidates. You are only harming yourself in framing this as part of the spook that is you mainstream US politics, this phrase is telling: "Fact: It's either Hillary or Trump." Why is that so immediately relevant to discussing this emails? This is just information you can look at to try understand what is going on behind the scenes independent from any argument in favor or against any candidate. Whatever you get from that is for you to figure out.

C'mon!  You're making too much of this!  It's only dirty tricks when Nixon and "those guys" smear Democrats.   When Democrats  do it to each other...................it's just a fair and vigorous debate.   

I do admire the now late lamented Ms. Schulz; if Trump ever came around the DNC sniffing out how he'd be received as a Democratic Presidential Candidate...................she was smart enough to throw his narcissistic, toxic ass in the gutter...............unlike those dunces over at the RNC.   

Nonsensei

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 24, 2016, 07:11:48 AM
In party fighting? OMG OMG OMG!
Who cares ffs?
You really want a scandal?  Look at how Trump was ever allowed to get where he is within the RNC..  Both HC and BS have long been established, well known politicians. Trump? He was never so much as elected to wipe his own ass and now very close to becoming a dictator..

The biggest problem with the emails (from the ones I have read) is the ingrained contempt with which the DNC appears holds the average voter. As if we aren't really even people. Just things to be used, existing only for the purpose of servicing them and being manipulated to further their power. Theres a heavy stench of malicious elitism in these emails. Its no wonder they reacted so hatefully toward the Sanders campaign, which had the overwhelming majority of its donations coming from individual donors in amounts of 50 to 100 dollars each.

I guess my ultimate reservation is this: It appears Hillary has engaged in extremely disgusting conduct to win this campaign. Bernie Sanders got robbed by it, and I was sort of wondering if the American people might be next in line for a Hillary style ass fucking if she wins the general.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

mauricio

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/22/politics/dnc-wikileaks-emails/

Quote(CNN)The Democratic National Convention kicked off Monday without its outgoing Democratic National Committee chairwoman, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, following a chaotic scene at a morning meeting where she was loudly jeered by Bernie Sanders supporters.
"I have decided that in the interest of making sure that we can start the Democratic convention on a high note that I am not going to gavel in the convention," Wasserman Schultz told the Sun Sentinel newspaper in an interview.

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, who is also the Democratic National Committee's secretary, handled the gaveling instead.
"Delegates, alternatives, standing committee members and all of our honored Democrats and other guests here in Philadelphia and all of you who have joined us by television, radio and online, here in the United States and around the world," she said, "I hereby call the 47th quadrennial Democratic National Convention to order."

Wasserman Schultz will also not speak tonight or throughout the duration of the convention, a Democrat close to her says. She will remain in Philadelphia until Friday when she formally steps down as leader of the committee.
Wasserman Schultz changed her plans as the fallout deepened from leaked DNC emails that appeared to show the committee favoring presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton over Sanders during the primary. It became clear Monday that the convention floor could erupt in anger if she gaveled the convention into session or sought to speak.

And the Democratic National Committee issued an apology to Sanders moments after the convention opened, likely hoping to help soothe tensions heading into the week.

"On behalf of everyone at the DNC, we want to offer a deep and sincere apology to Sen. Sanders, his supporters, and the entire Democratic Party for the inexcusable remarks made over email," the statement said. "These comments do not reflect the values of the DNC or our steadfast commitment to neutrality during the nominating process. The DNC does not -- and will not -- tolerate disrespectful language exhibited toward our candidates. Individual staffers have also rightfully apologized for their comments, and the DNC is taking appropriate action to ensure it never happens again."

The morning Florida delegate meeting descended into chaos when Wasserman Schultz took the stage, with critics holding up signs with the word "emails," and Sanders supporters booing the congresswoman loudly, even after she began speaking.

"We have to make sure that we move forward together in a unified way," Wasserman Schultz said during brief remarks. "We know that the voices in this room that are standing up and being disruptive, we know that is not the Florida that we know. The Florida that we know is going to make sure that we continue to make jobs."
The audience was roughly half supportive of Wasserman Schultz and half detractors, though the angry participants were louder than the other half. Those attendees began to chant, "Shame! Shame! Shame!" while Wasserman Schultz was speaking.

mauricio

"Politico Admits ‘Mistake’ In Sending DNC An Article In Advance"

https://archive.is/q9Imi

Hydra009

QuoteOn behalf of everyone at the DNC, we want to offer a deep and sincere apology to Sen. Sanders, his supporters, and the entire Democratic Party for the inexcusable remarks made over email

Baruch

The Democrats triangulate (move Right as necessary) ... so like Republicans of course they despise voters.  This is covered in the Shakespeare play, Coriolanus.  Disgusting plebs all of them, what is a patrician to do?

The Democrats need to sware off e-mail ... they can't handle it!  Twitter everything!  Trump has already moved to Twitter, email is for your grandpa!

Those who like politics, shouldn't observe it being made (Chancellor Bismarck).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

This whole thing rather supports my suspicions that the government is decided by power brokers, not voters.  In other words, "NOT VOTERS!"  I get several emails a day from the Democratic Party.  Sometimes it's because I need to take actions because Republicans will get more guns in the hands of criminals.  Sometimes it's because global warming is a threat, or whatever some Republican tried to bring up in the House or Senate last week.  Lot's of threats, and sometimes they touch something close to my heart.  But there is no way I can reply to any of these emails with an important comment; You know a chance to tell them what I really think we need to do.  It's like they really don't care what I think we need to do.  There is only one response I get to make:  "Make a Donation Now".

If I knew I was going to write this post 6 months ago, I would have written down each threat that was supposed to get me to "Make a Donation Now."  Then I could have printed them here.  There must have been a hundred of them.  It's a shotgun approach that implies, but never promises, to prevent some Republican catastrophe with my only possible response being to send money, but no chance to express myself in writing.  I get sometimes 5 emails a day, but I can't even make a comment once a month.  And if I send them $20 because I happen to agree that global warming is a serious issue, that $20 just ends up in the nominate Hillary fund, because the actual "Make a Donation Now" button doesn't allow me to specify anything else.

This turns out to be a very one sided dialog.  "Send us money.  Give us your vote.  What you really think is not important.  Be a good little Democrat and let us decide how we want to run things."  Trump or Clinton, the next 4 years will be banner years for the corporate entities that drove us into the great recession.  But there's lots of other bad shit that's going to happen too, because in the end, the system is not really designed to represent voters.

Baruch

Screw Athens ... this is Sparta!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.