News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

DNC email leaks.

Started by mauricio, July 23, 2016, 06:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker1Six

You're not going to get any traction with the "Defenders of the Faith"  (as in Democratic--and I'm sure you're not concerned with that) in here! 

I'm Horin' for Hillary in '16..................you can too!   

Nonsensei

Its all a republican frame job....
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Hydra009

This email in particular really pisses me off:  https://theintercept.com/2016/07/22/new-leak-top-dnc-official-wanted-to-use-bernie-sanderss-religious-beliefs-against-him/

Dems:  "Hey atheists, we love ya.  Come help us take a stand against the theocrats."
Dems:  "We should ask that candidate more questions about God.  If he says he says he's an atheist, we could smear the hell out of him with it."

Really feeling the love.

Poison Tree

So far this is one boring scandal. Yes, the e-mail Hydra linked looks bad (although I can't recall anyone actually making a fuss about his religion in KY, WVA or anywhere else). Mostly the "bad" emails look like private gossip about the candidate they like least. Unless there are more damning leaks to come I don't see what the fuss is about.

Ok I also read that the DNC was apparently emailing photos of checks and names + social security numbers, so some donors may now be at higher risk of identity fraud/theft, but that's not what this scandal is being focused on.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Atheon

This is starting to sound like the silly "leaked global warming scientists email" "scandal". A tempest in a teacup that only people with too much time on their hands think is serious.

Fact: It's either Hillary or Trump. If Trump becomes president, 80 years of liberal progress will go down the tubes, and things like church/state separation, abortion rights, gay rights, Obamacare, Medicare, Social Security and so much more will be history if Trump gets elected and appoints Supreme Court justices, backed by a rubber stamp congress. A Trump win would validate the Republicans' illegal Supreme Court nomination delaying tactic. Goodbye freedom, hello right-wing rule forever as a result of a 6-3 court of constitution-ignoring ideologues. With increased racism and half-baked foreign policy aggression, terrorism and war will increase around the world and it will be harder for Americans to travel.

With Hillary as president, Scalia's seat will be filled by a liberal, as would Thomas's seat if he retires and Ginsburg (83 years old) should she die. 6-3 liberal, and freedom is protected. We can then overturn Citizens United.

I will proudly cast my vote for Hillary.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

mauricio

the DNC is supposed to be neutral and unbiased. Here you have emails that show attempts to push narratives against Bernie (https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/11056), you have Debbie Wasserman telling an MSNBC show to stop criticizing her and the DNC in defense of Bernie. (https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/10945). It is also interesting how they use Machiavellian language. "making narratives" "pushing stories"  This is obviously unsurprising considering the nature of politics, but now you have pieces of evidence of the DNC deliberately influencing journalism to propagandize and harm one of their own candidates. You are only harming yourself in framing this as part of the spook that is you mainstream US politics, this phrase is telling: "Fact: It's either Hillary or Trump." Why is that so immediately relevant to discussing this emails? This is just information you can look at to try understand what is going on behind the scenes independent from any argument in favor or against any candidate. Whatever you get from that is for you to figure out.

Atheon

Before the primaries it was any Dem against any Repube. I voted for Bernie in the primaries.

But now that the nominees have been decided, the next president WILL be either Hillary or Trump, 100% guaranteed. No other alternative scenario is possible barring an asteroid strike or a zombie apocalypse. This is a mathematical fact. And I'm going to do whatever that is legally and ethically within my power to do to ensure that it is not Trump who wins. And to any American that would prefer that the US not plunge into the darkness of unending right-wing rule, it would be in America's best interest do the same.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

mauricio

Quote from: Atheon on July 24, 2016, 04:35:26 AM
Before the primaries it was any Dem against any Repube. I voted for Bernie in the primaries.

But now that the nominees have been decided, the next president WILL be either Hillary or Trump, 100% guaranteed. No other alternative scenario is possible barring an asteroid strike or a zombie apocalypse. This is a mathematical fact. And I'm going to do whatever that is legally and ethically within my power to do to ensure that it is not Trump who wins. And to any American that would prefer that the US not plunge into the darkness of unending right-wing rule, it would be in America's best interest do the same.

the topic of this thread is discussing the email leaks not trump vs hillary. And no one has started that argument. So what is your point? or were you just randomly soap-boxing?

Atheon

It just seems by sensationalizing these leaks, some people want to increase Trump's chances of winning.

AllPurposeAtheist

In party fighting? OMG OMG OMG!
Who cares ffs?
You really want a scandal?  Look at how Trump was ever allowed to get where he is within the RNC..  Both HC and BS have long been established, well known politicians. Trump? He was never so much as elected to wipe his own ass and now very close to becoming a dictator..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 24, 2016, 07:11:48 AM
In party fighting? OMG OMG OMG!
Who cares ffs?
You really want a scandal?  Look at how Trump was ever allowed to get where he is within the RNC..
By winning fair and square? I know, that must sound like a pretty alien concept to a Hillary voter.

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on July 24, 2016, 05:08:02 AM
It just seems by sensationalizing these leaks, some people want to increase Trump's chances of winning.
If these allegations are true, this sort of misconduct is extremely important and shouldn't be dismissed on the grounds that it's inconvenient.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 24, 2016, 02:40:09 PM
If these allegations are true, this sort of misconduct is extremely important and shouldn't be dismissed on the grounds that it's inconvenient.

This. The sketchy shit going on in the DNC, even if it's not as bad as the Republican party yet, shows they are working on getting there... Which should concern everyone.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

mauricio

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 24, 2016, 02:40:09 PM

^ basically this, I'm getting this weird vibe here with this talk about trump/republican vs hillary/democrat on this topic that we should just ignore this because trump must be stopped and the mistakes of the DNC are unhelpful for that goal. But I'm hoping that it is rather just reflexive argumentation against a possible argument by the pro-trump camp, because the intellectually honest position would be to consider the information these leaks provide on their own merits, you can still make your pro-hillary lesser of two evils argument with that in consideration. But trying to dismiss it as nothing is not ethical or honest.