NEWSFLASH, proof that Jesus existed!!! ........

Started by 21CIconoclast, July 11, 2016, 01:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21CIconoclast

Stop the presses!  News at eleven!  Proof of Jesus existing!

Finally, there is proof that Jesus actually existed!  Christians have been waiting for this eventful outcome for years, and now they can sleep soundly and stick out their tongues to those ungodly Atheists and tout to them with a loud; “neener, neener, neener!

The proof resides with Phil Robertson, of Duck Dynasty fame, where he has stated the following, to wit:  “If your calendar is dated of all the human beings who have ever walked on the Earth, and your calendar is dedicated and predicated to just one of ’em, evidently something rather large went down.”

Obviously, Phil is referring to Jesus and the subsequent years of our calendar devoted to him, therefore he existed.  There is your proof Christians!

http://www.christianpost.com/news/duck-dynastys-phil-robertson-proof-jesus-christ-gregorian-calendar-166044/

That’s it!  Barring the fact that Phil Robertson is using a Bandwagon Fallacy, we Atheists might as well throw in the towel in defeat to such inductive reasoning!  What flavor of Cool Aide do you want to start drinking? The Catholic kind? Maybe the Jehovah Witness flavor, or wait, how about the Mormon flavor?

Why spoil the show and tell Phil Robertson that every human being that walked upon the earth did not follow our current AD calendar, or that our current calendar uses Roman gods and other origins of the Roman empire that contradict their Christian god named Yahweh?  Naw, that would uproot their primitive faith again, mums the word.

The Christians must be so proud of Phil Robertson, praise!

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

widdershins

I saw this a few days ago.  It's the beginnings of the 21st century and we still don't have a cure for stupid.  Well, education, but we let the truly stupid opt out of that so that they can continue being truly stupid.
This sentence is a lie...

Hydra009

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on July 11, 2016, 01:47:06 PMSpeaking at the Western Conservative Summit in Denver, Colorado, over the weekend, which was also attended by Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and Sarah Palin, Robertson told the crowd: "If your calendar is dated of all the human beings who have ever walked on the Earth, and your calendar is dedicated and predicated to just one of 'em, evidently something rather large went down."

"'How come we say it's 2,016 years, I don't believe in this Jesus stuff,'" he added. "I said, 'well, you're counting time by him dude. Face it!'"
A pope modified the Julian calendar in 1582 AD, big whoop.  The Julian calendar, introduced by Julius Caesar in 46 BC, was a reform of the Roman calendar and was centered around the founding of Rome.

Around the alleged time of Jesus, the people who lived in Roman Judea (merged with Syria in 135 AD) used the julian calendar.  To your average Roman citizen living at around that time, this Jesus character would just be the god of a few roving preachers and a very small number of converts.  This "something big" only exists in hindsight in the eyes of adherents of the world's most successful cult.

stromboli

Christian rock star Carmen used to say Jesus "split time in half!!!" which is total BS. The Gregorian calendar was not instituted until 1582. So 1582 years of "not time split in half" I'd say.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: widdershins on July 11, 2016, 02:53:23 PM
I saw this a few days ago.  It's the beginnings of the 21st century and we still don't have a cure for stupid.  Well, education, but we let the truly stupid opt out of that so that they can continue being truly stupid.
You'd need a cure for humans to achieve that. Just sayin'.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

widdershins

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 12, 2016, 09:18:32 AM
You'd need a cure for humans to achieve that. Just sayin'.
Education actually does a pretty good job of curing stupid for the most part.  Unfortunately it is often actively sabotaged by idiots teaching their children and friends not to trust those silly books.  Because books have been wrong before, you know.  No, it's best to trust some guy on the Internet.

Blackleaf

Quote from: widdershins on July 12, 2016, 10:44:05 AM
Education actually does a pretty good job of curing stupid for the most part.  Unfortunately it is often actively sabotaged by idiots teaching their children and friends not to trust those silly books.  Because books have been wrong before, you know.  No, it's best to trust some guy on the Internet.

Many Conservative Christians still homeschool their children. I was one such unfortunate child. Homeschooling should be outlawed. If you don't have a teaching degree (99.9% of them don't), then you are not qualified to educate your child. And even if you do have a teaching degree, most parents who homeschool are abusive, which gives the child nowhere to escape to, and they do not get socialized. The later, the parents see as a good thing, but without having normal relationships with peers, you will grow up to be socially impaired.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

widdershins

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 12, 2016, 11:05:38 AM
Many Conservative Christians still homeschool their children. I was one such unfortunate child. Homeschooling should be outlawed. If you don't have a teaching degree (99.9% of them don't), then you are not qualified to educate your child. And even if you do have a teaching degree, most parents who homeschool are abusive, which gives the child nowhere to escape to, and they do not get socialized. The later, the parents see as a good thing, but without having normal relationships with peers, you will grow up to be socially impaired.
Yeah, it's really sad.  Many of them end up making bad decisions when they get to college and have their first taste of freedom from mommy and daddy.  It's understandable to want to protect your children, but that's not really the goal here.  It's more about control.  They want to have complete control over their children, especially when it comes to the child being exposed to views contrary to their own.

Atheon

Quote from: widdershins on July 11, 2016, 02:53:23 PM
I saw this a few days ago.  It's the beginnings of the 21st century
Taht's teh 21st cenchury after JESUS!! Therfor JESUS was REEL! PRAZE JEBUS!!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

AllPurposeAtheist

Good thing Donald Trump probably never read A Tale of Two Cities  because if elected he'll probably make Phil Robertson head of the FBI and reinstitute such nice things as what Dickens wrote about them good Christians..
QuoteUnder the guidance of her Christian pastors, she entertained herself, besides, with such humane achievements as sentencing a youth to have his hands cut off, his tongue torn out with pincers, and his body burned alive, because he had not kneeled down in the rain to do honour to a dirty procession of monks which passed within his view, at a distance of some fifty or sixty yards.
Gee..swell, huh?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solomon Zorn

According to the best estimates of Christian "scholars," Jesus was born between 6 and 4 BC. So, I'd say of Gregory, "Close, but no cigar!"

I don't really understand the fascination with Phil Robertson and Duck Dynasty. In fact, that whole "good ol' boy," culture has always struck me as offensive. Even when I was a kid. I think it's the glorification of ignorance, that just "stuck in my craw."
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

widdershins

Quote from: Atheon on July 13, 2016, 11:34:59 PM
Taht's teh 21st cenchury after JESUS!! Therfor JESUS was REEL! PRAZE JEBUS!!
This...simply can't be disputed.  Point and match, I guess.

Flanker1Six

I don't know what the big deal is.  Hell; I met him twice while walking around Jerusalem in my west down town neighborhood.   

Seriously................it was two different young (20 somethings) guys with long brown hair parted in the middle and beards.  Both were wearing robes and sandals.....................looked like they stepped right off the painting that hung in our Baptist Church when I was a kid.   I was always curious if they were mimicing the Jesus look purposely, or dressed like that all the time.   Cripes!  I'm kinda kicking myself now..................I had other people with me both times; I should have gotten one of them to take a picture of me and "Him" if he was agreeable!  Dummy (me)!   

widdershins

Quote from: Flanker1Six on July 14, 2016, 12:46:41 PM
I don't know what the big deal is.  Hell; I met him twice while walking around Jerusalem in my west down town neighborhood.   

Seriously................it was two different young (20 somethings) guys with long brown hair parted in the middle and beards.  Both were wearing robes and sandals.....................looked like they stepped right off the painting that hung in our Baptist Church when I was a kid.   I was always curious if they were mimicing the Jesus look purposely, or dressed like that all the time.   Cripes!  I'm kinda kicking myself now..................I had other people with me both times; I should have gotten one of them to take a picture of me and "Him" if he was agreeable!  Dummy (me)!   
My son is a local legend in the high school, but nobody knows his name.  He has long hair and a beard and he went out on the football field at halftime once wearing a robe.  When his younger sister tries to explain who her brother is by his name, she gets blank stares.  So then she says, "Jesus" and THEN they know who she's talking about.

Michael M Perez

My life is my experience. I have had experiences in my life which proves that Jesus is a living God.