News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I am curious.

Started by Mike Cl, July 19, 2016, 12:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

Can you just imagine what he'd do the first time some foreign minister insulted him as president?  Right now his go-to response is "Sue him!"  I shudder to think what his thin-skinned orange ass might do as commander-in-chief of the US military.
This sentence is a lie...

FaithIsFilth

Well, I was watching The Young Turks yesterday, and they said that John Kasich was offered the VP slot by Trump, and Kasich's people say that Trump wanted Kasich to be responsible for all foreign and domestic policy, so yeah, it doesn't seem that the Don really ever wanted to be President.

You gotta laugh at all the people on here who said Trump would take no advice and he would only do things his way. How wrong they were lol.

Baruch

Well, no blowup at the R-vention ... so it is on like Donkey Kong ;-)

I would love if he threw the UN out of the US, all the way to Geneva.  We need fewer foreign diplomats with diplomatic immunity in NYC.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Oh, it's real. Even if the campaign was completely manufactured (which I don't believe for a nanosecond), Americans are swallowing it whole.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mike Cl

Well, Mermaid, I am realizing more and more that his campaign is real and that The Donald has not been hiding any aspect of himself.  I was indulging in wishful thinking.  What really scares me--and little really does--is that some much of the people of this country are falling for it.  The Average Joe just might be much more stupid and self-centered (blindly so) than I had thought.  How can anybody really think that a 1%'er can ever really see the world as they do, care a shit about them, or know how to make life better for them??????  The anger and hate he is fomenting is just sicking to see.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mermaid

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 23, 2016, 04:25:22 PM
Well, Mermaid, I am realizing more and more that his campaign is real and that The Donald has not been hiding any aspect of himself.  I was indulging in wishful thinking.  What really scares me--and little really does--is that some much of the people of this country are falling for it.  The Average Joe just might be much more stupid and self-centered (blindly so) than I had thought.  How can anybody really think that a 1%'er can ever really see the world as they do, care a shit about them, or know how to make life better for them??????  The anger and hate he is fomenting is just sicking to see.
Exactly. The only thing that will make me feel even slightly better about that is if he loses very soundly. But I am not so confident that he will lose at all.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

Quote from: widdershins on July 22, 2016, 11:46:14 AM
Can you just imagine what he'd do the first time some foreign minister insulted him as president?  Right now his go-to response is "Sue him!"  I shudder to think what his thin-skinned orange ass might do as commander-in-chief of the US military.
Yeah, that's the part that really scares me about his candidacy.  Should he get into a spat with a foreign leader - and the odds are high - he'd likely act in anger in a way that would ultimately hurt American interests.

In Trump's world, good people are defined by one attribute:  whether they're nice to Trump.  Same with evil.  Conservative after conservative has been trashed by Trump if they're critical of him.  But if they kiss his ass, they're great.  Needless to say, this sort of retaliatory narcissism doesn't pair well with a presidential post - a position associated with relentless criticism, deserved and undeserved, from Americans and non-Americans.

Flanker1Six

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 23, 2016, 05:06:00 PM
Yeah, that's the part that really scares me about his candidacy.  Should he get into a spat with a foreign leader - and the odds are high - he'd likely act in anger in a way that would ultimately hurt American interests.

In Trump's world, good people are defined by one attribute:  whether they're nice to Trump.  Same with evil.  Conservative after conservative has been trashed by Trump if they're critical of him.  But if they kiss his ass, they're great.  Needless to say, this sort of retaliatory narcissism doesn't pair well with a presidential post - a position associated with relentless criticism, deserved and undeserved, from Americans and non-Americans.

That's what really scares the shit outta me.  My entire professional life has involved dealing with violence, preferably preventing it, and and dispensing it appropriately within established legal, policy, and procedural guidelines.  Emotion has NO place in it.     

This very flawed; emotionally and ego driven individual; if elected,  will be in charge of the worlds most powerful military, and NUCLEAR arsenal.   That shit only goes wrong ONCE. 

We need Gandolf to pound his staff down and intone "You Shall Not Pass!".  :(

reasonist

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 19, 2016, 05:56:53 PM
He is paying very little, if any, money out of pocket.  He could not have paid for this type of publicity for any amount--his financial stock just soared from that alone.  Win or lose this election he has won for himself personally.  What I find so disturbing is the depth of hate a racism that this campaign has brought to the surface.  I guess that was actually always there--just not as apparent.  So, maybe having this evil exposed is a good thing.............???  Maybe????  This has to be a farce--can't be serious. 

Out of 320 million people, the best candidates for POTUS are a pathetic liar and con artist or a liar owned by big business. Too bad the country wasn't ready for a Bernie Sanders who brought some independence and fresh ideas. Trump is a shyster with a gift of the gap. A lousy business man who has no clue about politics. A bully who would lead us all into isolation and confrontation. That this moron got nominated by the GOP by popular vote tells us a lot about the psyche of the American people. Frustration, racism, xenophobia and fear, all emotions that Trump and his campaign feed the crowds with. I really hope that the American people can see through this charade and come to their senses before it's too late. The world is worried, we to the north are worried.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Johan

Quote from: reasonist on July 24, 2016, 10:15:26 AM
That this moron got nominated by the GOP by popular vote tells us a lot about the psyche of the American people. Frustration, racism, xenophobia and fear, all emotions that Trump and his campaign feed the crowds with.
I think this might be the part that concern me most.

We've all seen the reports of Trump supporters spraying mace in the faces of Sanders supporters. We've all seen the reports of the heavy handed security and brutal treatment of protesters at Trump events. I have personally seen several individuals I know and otherwise respect say with genuine honesty that they hope to see Hilary executed.

Usually elections are about economics, foreign policy and social services/policies. I'm afraid this election will end up being more about endorsing and enforcing hate than anything else. If Trump wins, hate wins. And the endorsement and open expression of hate is what the US will stand for moving into the next 4 years.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Mike Cl

Quote from: reasonist on July 24, 2016, 10:15:26 AM
Out of 320 million people, the best candidates for POTUS are a pathetic liar and con artist or a liar owned by big business. Too bad the country wasn't ready for a Bernie Sanders who brought some independence and fresh ideas. Trump is a shyster with a gift of the gap. A lousy business man who has no clue about politics. A bully who would lead us all into isolation and confrontation. That this moron got nominated by the GOP by popular vote tells us a lot about the psyche of the American people. Frustration, racism, xenophobia and fear, all emotions that Trump and his campaign feed the crowds with. I really hope that the American people can see through this charade and come to their senses before it's too late. The world is worried, we to the north are worried.

And I am worried. 

You said--Frustration, racism, xenophobia and fear, --Yes, Trump uses those.  But they really came to the fore with Cheney/Bush; the Repubs are masters at the sound byte, especially when using your four emotions.  Trump is only taking to another level what our war criminal duo brought into vogue.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

widdershins

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 23, 2016, 05:06:00 PM

The first time he got into a bitch-slapping contest with Kim Jong Un it would escalate into full-out nuclear war because neither one can take criticism and their go-to response is to escalate things with more criticism.  Eventually one or both would try to prove they were the bigger man.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Hillary and Donald and targeting Libya.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.