News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

"Ark Encounter" Opens Today

Started by stromboli, July 07, 2016, 09:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Harvestdancer

The flood is a Point Refuted A Thousand Times.  But there is still potential for fun.

A few pages later is a just as absurd story, but a lot more overlooked.  If someone says the flood story must be literal, than this second story must be literal.

The Tower of Babel.  How high was it that God was actually worried and had to scatter the languages?  How large was the workforce, and where did it come from considering the world's population was 8 people just a few generations earlier?  And since those 8 people were still alive (given the long lifespans) shouldn't they have said "uh, that's a bad idea" to those building the tower?  And where are the remains of this tower?

I'm looking forward to Ham's Tower Encounter next.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

stromboli

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on August 28, 2016, 02:31:56 PM
The flood is a Point Refuted A Thousand Times.  But there is still potential for fun.

A few pages later is a just as absurd story, but a lot more overlooked.  If someone says the flood story must be literal, than this second story must be literal.

The Tower of Babel.  How high was it that God was actually worried and had to scatter the languages?  How large was the workforce, and where did it come from considering the world's population was 8 people just a few generations earlier?  And since those 8 people were still alive (given the long lifespans) shouldn't they have said "uh, that's a bad idea" to those building the tower?  And where are the remains of this tower?

Lol. No doubt there is a bible belt state waiting with bated breath to offer tax incentives for that very thing.

Gawdzilla Sama

And why didn't he destroy the world again when we created COBOL?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s11YMIIgjFg&feature=youtu.be

UPDATE!!!! Ark Encounter video taken today showing huge crowds.

Or not........

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sal1981

Quote from: stromboli on August 28, 2016, 09:40:31 PM
[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s11YMIIgjFg&feature=youtu.be[/spoiler]

UPDATE!!!! Ark Encounter video taken today showing huge crowds.

Or not........
All that unused parking space. Such waste.

stromboli

Yes indeed. Think of the potential developments that could have made money for the state, versus Ham's wet dream of an "actual" ark to satisfy his inflated ego. Apparently his creation museum is not doing well either.

PopeyesPappy

At this point I feel a little bad for the employees. At some point they aren't going to get paid for work they've already done.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 29, 2016, 09:30:22 AM
At this point I feel a little bad for the employees. At some point they aren't going to get paid for work they've already done.
And I bet the contractors are still owned money.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 28, 2016, 06:26:33 PM
And why didn't he destroy the world again when we created COBOL?

Yes, FORTRAN is the one true code ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 29, 2016, 07:29:08 PM
I C what you did there.

I had a boss once, who was a real man.  When he was in college, they programmed a patch panel for each run, by replugging the patch cables in a new pattern.  Before my time, but more manly than girly assembler.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on August 29, 2016, 07:43:32 PM
I had a boss once, who was a real man.  When he was in college, they programmed a patch panel for each run, by replugging the patch cables in a new pattern.  Before my time, but more manly than girly assembler.
Grace Hopper developed that system during WWII. They were calculating ballistics tables for battleship guns. There came a day when their results didn't make any sense, way off. They checked their "code", no problems. So they started checking the physical plant. (There's a picture somewhere of her troops standing inside the "computer" shifting wires.) The problem was finally found, a moth stuck between two contacts. Hopper took the insect and taped it into their log book with the notation "Problem found, bug in computer." That log book is now in the Smithsonian, the evidence of the first recorded computer bug.
PZ Myers

stromboli

Ten years from now Ham's ark will be a brothel stuffed full of Furries. Made to order, you might say.

alexxmedeiros

Can I ask you a serious question? Are you saying that it is absolutely impossible for a global flood to have taken place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk