News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Political test

Started by Jannabear, July 04, 2016, 10:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannabear

Hydra009

Man, these questions seem different since the last time I took this quiz.  I'm getting serious RWA vibes over here!

"All people have their rights, but it is better for all of us that different sorts of people should keep to their own kind."
That sounds almost like an Animal Farm quote.

"There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures."
Does anyone seriously argue otherwise?

"A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system."
Not sure if Hitler quote or Mao Zedong quote...

"Astrology accurately explains many things."
???

Economic Left/Right: -8.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.38

Usually when I take this, I'm only moderately libertarian and left.  Maybe I've changed a little.  Maybe it's the questions.  Or maybe the political milieu has been so terrible lately that I look like a Trotskyist by comparison.

Shiranu

QuoteDoes anyone seriously argue otherwise?

Yes. Quite often.

Quote"A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system."

I actually agree with this... I just don't necessarily think that advantage outweighs the advantages of the alternatives.

I'm a little bit more Authoritarian than the two of you... maybe 3 ticks up.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

stromboli

Not quite as liberal as y'all.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on July 05, 2016, 12:28:12 AMYes. Quite often.
Really?  Wow.  Sounds like some people in dire need of a National Geographic or a basic world history class or something.

stromboli

Personally I thought the questions sucked. And there should have been a "neither agree or disagree" for us passive aggressive types.

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on July 05, 2016, 12:42:16 AMNot quite as liberal as y'all.
I forgive ya.  Watch more lamestream media and satanic hollywood films to be a more devout proponent of big government tyranny, state atheism, and forced homosexuality (elaborate UN plot to keep the white population numbers down).  We're really big at schools and college campuses, too.

drunkenshoe

It's been posted before several years ago. I am just curious what would be the difference between now and then on our results over all. That would be the real test.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

OK, I figured out how to reproduce this image, but it seems major weird.  I right clicked on the image of my chart from the test site, which called up a property box.  I then cut and pasted the address code from the property box and activated it as an image in the AA Forums editor.  I figured it out by noticing that the link from the property box seems to match other peoples coding.  It works, but I can't help but think I'm doing it through some kind of back door.

Actually, I take little interest in the actual test score, but I'm puzzled by how everyone knew how to reproduce the image.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 05, 2016, 12:21:28 AM
"There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures."
Does anyone seriously argue otherwise?

Oy vey... You are kidding, right?

This is the basic colourful make up of American propaganda of international politics; invasions, intervensions and the common war industry. "You are living in very bad circtumstances we are going to kill your dictator and bring you democracy and civilisaition..." Results tens of millions dead, more living on the road; global terrorism thrives. And "Oh my god they are all against us, because we are Americans!" and "You are a toxic anti-American for saying all this!"

In another smaller, domestic scale, pretty much every media article and vlog and blog in the British-American media made about the 'evil' "Regressive Left" is based on this idea. 99.9% of media stuff posted in this forum against christian culture(s) to any kind of SJW group is based on arguments against Cultural Relativism. Which is basically the main ground of modern scientific anthropology. (Maintainning a secular order and fighting against bad results of religious-cultural tendencies -like anti-vaccine movement/crime- is something else.)

Cultural Relativism is not just about a few long forgotten primitive tribes and scantily clad people dancing around a fire to drums in a National Geographic documentary. It is happening around everywhere and we live in it all the time. It's between nonwhite and white; men and women; working class and ruling class; legbtqa and het genders...etc.

So yeah, not just a lot of people, but the majority of people in the world share that opinion with or without realising that they do, furthermore there is a deliberate resistance against the idea rising in the Western Culture(s) -which is scientific principle by the way lol- because you know it is offensive -to their gender, race, class...etc...', because obviously the culture of others is wrong, but theirs is right.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Another image from another site.

SGOS

Yay for me!  I can now do something I didn't know how to do before.  Posting images directly from other sites.  I'm going to go nuts doing this until the thrill wears off.

OK, I'm done now.

drunkenshoe

Sal1981

I've moved slightly closer to the right since last I remember taking the test, but same libertarian values.