News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Love vs Extreme individualism

Started by Jannabear, July 04, 2016, 06:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannabear

I hear alot of people say they do not need love, they're perfectly complete on their own, they don't need to date someone, what do you think about this?
I personally feel that I need to date someone, however I empathize with those who don't feel that they need to.

GSOgymrat

I could survive on my own but I thrive with a partner.

SGOS

There are advantages and disadvantages to each life style.

Duncle

Being on your own is a whole lot better than being in a bad/dysfunctional relationship.

Being in a loving and respectful relationship is better still.

Shiranu

For me... I am surrounded by people who only believe women/men are there to fuck and be cast aside when they are bored, and I cant help but feel a bit sad for them. IMO there is no greater feeling than being in love with someone... and their is no greater pain than when that love doesn't work out. But if you want something great, you will have to suffer for it. That is just the way the world works. I cant help but feel these people who don't believe in love or what-have-you are generally people who felt the pain of heartbreak and have just given up.

Humans are (mostly) wired to live in families, to be in love with someone... it's only just a matter of reasoning rather than feeling that leads people to think they are happier without. To me I would rather do both; use my brain and my heart. Both tell me that a stable relationship is more beneficial than not being in one.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Jannabear on July 04, 2016, 06:27:07 AMI hear alot of people say they do not need love, they're perfectly complete on their own, they don't need to date someone, what do you think about this?
1) Good for you.  2) Have you heard that shammies are getting nerfed again?  Sucks.

stromboli

I could be perfectly happy to live in a cave as long as there was a tribe nearby I could raid from or abduct a woman from occasionally.