Benghazi Report Finds No New Evidence of Wrongdoing by Hillary

Started by SGOS, June 28, 2016, 10:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

Quote from: Nonsensei on June 28, 2016, 06:43:59 PM
I bet they don't. They wont be able to conclude it before election day. This was their one shot on this topic and it failed.
You have a point.  All of it was really about a smear campaign against Hillary and as time goes on that is becoming increasingly less "useful".

Personally, I think shit like this should be treated as treason.  These pricks are trying to influence an election by actively and purposely spreading disinformation.  It's one thing when it's some nutcase conspiracy theorist who actually sort of believes the crazy shit he's spouting (I have a friend who told me the page, paragraph and line in the Affordable Care Act where I could find the requirement that we all get microchips implanted.  I brought up the bill on my phone while he talked.  I said repeatedly, "I have the bill right here.  It's not there."  He just kept talking).  It's totally another thing when they abuse the powers they have in what I think should be a very illegal attempt to influence an election.  This should be prison term shit and disqualification from so much as a job at the Post Office forever.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Influence an election?  Of course, there are trillions of dollars at stake.  The rule of law doesn't stand a chance under those conditions.  It didn't even stand a chance in ancient Athens, with direct democracy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on June 29, 2016, 01:15:11 PM
Influence an election?  Of course, there are trillions of dollars at stake.  The rule of law doesn't stand a chance under those conditions.  It didn't even stand a chance in ancient Athens, with direct democracy.
Well of course they're trying to influence the election.  They timed this shit to coincide with important dates with the specific intent, first, of preventing Hillary Clinton from even being the nominee and, now, to smear her in an attempt to prevent her from becoming president.  I'm not talking about assholes like Trump who just say whatever crazy shit comes to mind.  I'm talking about the people in power abusing that power in an attempt to sway the outcome of an election.

To me, it is some scary shit when the people in power can use that power to start actual criminal proceedings against political foes.  That's how things work in North Korea (to the extreme there, of course) where even being a SUSPECTED threat to he in power can get you executed.  That's how things work in China (to a somewhat lesser extreme), where speaking out against the government can get citizens run over by a tank.  Essentially any scandal, even one in which no politician did anything illegal or even immoral (let's face it, Hillary Clinton did not WANT Americans to die.  That was not her goal.  If she had known it was coming and she could have prevented it, she most certainly would have claimed the hero points by doing it) can get CRIMINAL CHARGES brought against that politician, and the probability of those charges is DIRECTLY related to who is in charge.  It's a step toward becoming North Korea.  It's not even remotely comparable right now, I understand, but it's a step in that direction.

Baruch

Depends on how desperate the politicians become.  But I think they better get food tasters quick ;-)

Is it possible for the powerful to abuse power?  Thrasymachus says you are just sour grapes and a loser.  I bet Trump can spell Thrasymachus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on June 29, 2016, 08:24:53 PM
Depends on how desperate the politicians become.  But I think they better get food tasters quick ;-)

Is it possible for the powerful to abuse power?  Thrasymachus says you are just sour grapes and a loser.  I bet Trump can spell Thrasymachus.
You're getting into a philosophical debate with that question.  I want to say, "Of course it's possible for the powerful to abuse power", but admittedly I would be interjecting my own beliefs into that and holding all the world to the standards of an idealistic America.  We certainly wouldn't stand for the Republican party passing a law calling for the death penalty for anyone with certain beliefs which would suggest they are too liberal, for instance.  We would consider that an abuse of power.  In North Korea, maybe not so much.

Baruch

Quote from: widdershins on June 30, 2016, 01:56:04 PM
You're getting into a philosophical debate with that question.  I want to say, "Of course it's possible for the powerful to abuse power", but admittedly I would be interjecting my own beliefs into that and holding all the world to the standards of an idealistic America.  We certainly wouldn't stand for the Republican party passing a law calling for the death penalty for anyone with certain beliefs which would suggest they are too liberal, for instance.  We would consider that an abuse of power.  In North Korea, maybe not so much.

Americans have low standards, and are anything but ideal.  I would certainly be in favor of the death penalty for anyone who thinks that Tom Cruise is a great actor ;-)  Unfortunately, many of you would stand for the Democrat party passing a law calling for the death penalty for anyone with certain beliefs.  This has had an early demonstration by hired thugs sent to disrupt Trump rallies.  Not much chance a Trump America turning into North Korea ... Mr Trump probably can't spell kim chee.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on June 30, 2016, 08:12:55 PM
Americans have low standards, and are anything but ideal.  I would certainly be in favor of the death penalty for anyone who thinks that Tom Cruise is a great actor ;-)  Unfortunately, many of you would stand for the Democrat party passing a law calling for the death penalty for anyone with certain beliefs.  This has had an early demonstration by hired thugs sent to disrupt Trump rallies.  Not much chance a Trump America turning into North Korea ... Mr Trump probably can't spell kim chee.
I didn't know "many" of us could afford to hire thugs.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Hillary-bots don't have to, the billionaires backing her can.  Same as the billionaires backing Trump.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on July 01, 2016, 07:15:43 AM
Hillary-bots don't have to, the billionaires backing her can.  Same as the billionaires backing Trump.
So, not "many".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on June 30, 2016, 08:12:55 PM
Okay, I was going to "like" that post just for the Cruise comment because I couldn't agree more that the creepy bastard is a shit actor.  But there would be no "Democrat" law calling for the "death penalty" at all, much less for having certain beliefs.  The death penalty is almost exclusively a Republican thing and Democrats are politically correct to the extreme these days.  Outlawing beliefs is not politically correct.  I am pretty sure a very high percentage of the atheists I know, including those here, would fight tooth and nail against a law even outlawing Christianity, something we are adamantly against.  I HATE Christianity, but I would go to war to keep it legal because I believe I am only free as long as I am free to do things I would never, ever do.  If you take away a right I don't like then you can take away a thousand I do.

Draconic Aiur

The republicans are just being dicks, always happened always will.