Stabbing at Sacramento White Nationalist Rally

Started by Jack89, June 27, 2016, 08:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack89

Several stabbed and beaten at this rally.  A white nationalist group call the Traditionalist Worker Party (TWP) got a permit to hold their rally at the Sacramento Capitol building.  A counter protest was organized and a reported 300 or so "anti-fascists" showed up to shut them down.  The counter protestors reportedly started the violence.  At least 10 injured, and 2 of those critical. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/26/us/brawl-at-california-rally/

I don't like white supremacists but they have a right to free speech, especially after obtaining a permit.  This is reminiscent of Trump rallies and conservatives speaking at colleges.  It seems like the young "liberal" crowd wants to control speech through violence, and they're calling the skinheads fascists.  A bit ironic. 

Edit: I forgot to mention there were only about 30 or so White Nationalist at the rally

Baruch

And you thought the Left was a bunch of pacifists ;-0
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

The "anti-fascists" don't recognize the hypocrisy of attempting to kill people with whom they disagree.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on June 27, 2016, 11:40:01 PM
The "anti-fascists" don't recognize the hypocrisy of attempting to kill people with whom they disagree.

The original anti-racists, are Stalinists.  They have no self awareness ... because like Dracula, they have no reflection.  Without Stalin and Chiang Kai Shek ... the democracies were toast.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

[hardlyrelevant]In 1941 a Purdue University fraternity known for its pranks announced that they had invited the German consul in Chicago to come to campus to give a talk about Germany's peaceful intentions in Europe. A near riot ensued. Fascists just seem to bring that out in people.[/hardlyrelevant]
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on June 27, 2016, 11:48:24 PM
The original anti-racists, are Stalinists.  They have no self awareness ... because like Dracula, they have no reflection.  Without Stalin and Chiang Kai Shek ... the democracies were toast.
Chiang spent more time fighting Mao than he did the Japanese. "The Peanut", as Gen. Stillwell called him, ranks as one of the biggest crooks in history. However, even with the bulk of the IJA tied up in China the "democracies" would have still won in the Pacific. A nation with about 1/2 the population of the US, and less than 1/10th of its industrial capacity before we started bombing the crap out of their infrastructure, and a talent for making stupid military decisions, was not going to beat us.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Now you you guys have 3 kinds of domestic terrorism. White supremacists, 'we are against white supremacists' and US born independent 'I support ISIL' terrorists.

And I am thinking free speech is a very light aspect of this issue. I hope it won't get bad. And this issue really has no connection with any ideology, or some leaders died 50 years ago, but just simply "What I say goes, not yours" tyranny.

Trying to attach this to an ideology that has not been a threat for a long time is a safe way to deny a real problem in the US by defining it with the imaginary evil coded in the culture. It's not real. It's a boogeyman story.

People are not demonstrating violence because of some ideology, but because of ANGER and FEAR.   

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 28, 2016, 03:25:25 AM
Chiang spent more time fighting Mao than he did the Japanese. "The Peanut", as Gen. Stillwell called him, ranks as one of the biggest crooks in history. However, even with the bulk of the IJA tied up in China the "democracies" would have still won in the Pacific. A nation with about 1/2 the population of the US, and less than 1/10th of its industrial capacity before we started bombing the crap out of their infrastructure, and a talent for making stupid military decisions, was not going to beat us.

Yes, USA = 4th Reich ... we are the real Germans, we deserve the world to be our oyster.  20 million dead Chinese and 20 million dead Russians did nothing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 28, 2016, 06:47:57 AM
Now you you guys have 3 kinds of domestic terrorism. White supremacists, 'we are against white supremacists' and US born independent 'I support ISIL' terrorists.

And I am thinking free speech is a very light aspect of this issue. I hope it won't get bad. And this issue really has no connection with any ideology, or some leaders died 50 years ago, but just simply "What I say goes, not yours" tyranny.

Trying to attach this to an ideology that has not been a threat for a long time is a safe way to deny a real problem in the US by defining it with the imaginary evil coded in the culture. It's not real. It's a boogeyman story.

People are not demonstrating violence because of some ideology, but because of ANGER and FEAR.

Everything is psychological ... but I still don't have sympathy for Hitler or Stalin.  Psychos don't excite my sympathy or mercy.

Society is the tiger, and the citizens are the lady on the tiger.  The lady is safe as long as the tiger isn't hungry.  She can't get off the tiger (anarchism) ... it is a matter of when, not if, the lady ends up inside the tiger.  We get all excited about ideology, but we should be watching "shark week" on TV.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on June 28, 2016, 07:23:20 AM
Everything is psychological ... but I still don't have sympathy for Hitler or Stalin.  Psychos don't excite my sympathy or mercy.

Society is the tiger, and the citizens are the lady on the tiger.  The lady is safe as long as the tiger isn't hungry.  She can't get off the tiger (anarchism) ... it is a matter of when, not if, the lady ends up inside the tiger.  We get all excited about ideology, but we should be watching "shark week" on TV.

This^ is something else and people attacking each other at rallies in your country is completely another thing.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on June 28, 2016, 07:20:12 AM
Yes, USA = 4th Reich ... we are the real Germans, we deserve the world to be our oyster.  20 million dead Chinese and 20 million dead Russians did nothing.
Being a historian makes that so much funnier.
PZ Myers

SGOS

Violence seems to follow skin heads around, probably because their whole ideology and even their appearance is intimidating, and I believe that's how they want it to be.  You can dump on political correctness, but these assholes could benefit from a dose of it, but responding to them with violence is not political correctness, it's just an escalation that feeds their agenda.

stromboli

I have learned my lesson. If I ever protest fascism, I'm going to staple my sign to a 2x4.

Jack89

Quote from: SGOS on June 28, 2016, 09:16:23 AM
Violence seems to follow skin heads around, probably because their whole ideology and even their appearance is intimidating, and I believe that's how they want it to be.  You can dump on political correctness, but these assholes could benefit from a dose of it, but responding to them with violence is not political correctness, it's just an escalation that feeds their agenda.
I can deal with skinheads and white supremacists, they're low in numbers and pretty tame compared to the radical young liberals of today.  How often do skinheads riot here in the states?  The real danger here is that young liberals, those people ostensibly fighting for human rights, are actually violating them.  We've all seen it.  Bernie Sanders supporter, BLM activists, radical feminists, and so on have no problem blocking people from attending events that they don't like, and often resorting to violence. 

Here's a quote form the CNN article that resonates -
QuoteYvette Felarca, who said she was a member of the group By Any Means Necessary, told CNN she came out to let people know that racist and anti-immigrant viewpoints would not be tolerated. "They're not welcome," she said of the TWP rally. "If they trip and fall in the process, good. We succeeded in shutting them down."

The group she's talking about, BAMN, is on the terrorist watch list because of their militant behavior. 

Free speech is essential to a free society.  How is that not clear? 

Flanker1Six

Quote from: stromboli on June 28, 2016, 09:29:03 AM
I have learned my lesson. If I ever protest fascism, I'm going to staple my sign to a 2x4.

Don't forget the pole barn nails (only so your sign sticks to their skulls).  .)