News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ruling out Evolution

Started by Absurd Atheist, June 25, 2016, 08:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: u196533 on July 01, 2016, 10:58:44 AMEmergent properties may not be magic, but they cannot be explained by science.
Emergence is a scientific process, you fucking illiterate.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: u196533 on July 01, 2016, 10:58:44 AM
You keep missing the point that living organisms increase energy AND lower entropy spontaneously without an outside influence.
And you just failed Thermodynamics 101. Organisms get energy by burning their food. That's positive entropy. There is no such thing as a process that "lowers entropy spontaneously", even in organisms â€" it's simply unphysical.

If you want to show otherwise, let's see some fucking math.

That violates the basic drive of chemistry and has never been observed in an inanimate object.
You've yet to show that such a thing happens in animate objects either, which would give this statement any weight whatsoever. You simply state that as if it meant something. Your calculations that it does are strangely absent.

You are the one that thinks the entropy of individual molecules cannot by measured.
They can't, Mr. 'I need to take a real thermodynamics course'. The entropy change of individual molecules going through a reaction in a system can definitely be done, but outside a system? Doesn't exist.

I think it is your lack of understanding of entropy that prevents you from seeing my point.
Says the guy who doesn't seem to understand that entropy is a state variable. It doesn't apply to individual molecules. It applies to systems. Now get your google-schollar ass out of here.

Emergent properties may not be magic, but they cannot be explained by science.
You have yet to produce something to not be explained by science. We've made more progress on unraveling consciousness in the past century than you lot did in the past three thousand years.

It is debatable if the solidity of matter is an emergent property.  Yes it only occurs when there is more than one particle, but it can be predicted from the constituents.  It isn't an interaction effect.  A+B +AB.  It is simply A+B due to the exclusion principal.
The exclusion principle doesn't apply to single particles. It only applies when you get two or more particles and let them interact. It fits your own criteria of an emergent property.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Hydra009

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 01, 2016, 09:26:02 PMNow get your google-schollar ass out of here.
But I like Google Scholar.  It's a great resource for semi-relevant PDFs from the latter half of 20th century.  But even that would help clear up the second law of thermodynamics as it relates to life.  No, this is more like yahoo answers quality detective work.

JBCuzISaidSo

Hijiri & Hakurei just walked away from this thread with some unasked for and whywouldtheyevencare respect from this AF'r.

It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens