News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

UK votes to Leave EU

Started by drunkenshoe, June 24, 2016, 03:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Let's all vote to chop our noses off despite our faces because after all our noses only get in the way of the rest of us. And don't forget,  there are just too many nosey people anyway.
The only question then is do we chop them off with dull, rusty hatchets or do we have to pay some overpaid doctor to do it right so we don't get infections? I vote dull, rusty hatchets. I'm tired of doctors telling me what to do to stay alive.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

I'm convinced that Fox News doesn't make these sorts of errors accidentally anymore, but does them intentionally to subtly promote stuff they agree with, like conflating Obama with Osama or leaving the UN.

Baruch

The US would be smart to leave the UN, and chuck the HQ from NYC to Geneva.  Put Germany in charge of Nato, and leave that behind as well.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

I think we need to build a wall to prevent these Brits from pouring into the US. We will send the bill to the Queen.

Atheon

British passport sees loss in utility. It will be harder for Brits to travel internationally.

Look on thy works, ye Blighty, and despair.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-british-passport-value-plunges-down-global-rankings-of-usefulness-a7100506.html#gallery
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

A generation ago, things didn't look good for the British monarchy.  One wag suggested setting up an amusement park for them in New England.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

marom1963

I wouldn't be surprised if the British Government hems and haws about making a formal request to leave the EU for a very long time. Meanwhile, every opportunity will be taken to show the public how bad things will be outside of the EU. Then, some slimy pretext will be found to throw out the referendum and call for another. If the elite really want to stay in the EU, a way will be found.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GSOgymrat on June 25, 2016, 03:16:43 PM
I think we need to build a wall to prevent these Brits from pouring into the US. We will send the bill to the Queen.

Ha ha we were talking about this! And yes there will be an emigration wave to US from UK.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: marom1963 on June 25, 2016, 08:07:37 AM
I'm glad for Britain. Now the other countries that have been aching to leave should get the balls and hold referendums. This way, the next time Chancellor Merkel wants to open up a border, she can open only the German border.

Re the comment about still having the Lords - hell, I'd put the hereditary peers back in. It was a shame to get rid of them. It's a good thing to have some members of parliament who do not answer to the ballot box and still others who do not owe their seats to politicians. Foolish to have removed them. The real reason that they were removed - by a Labour government - was that they tended to be Conservative and kept handing the L government defeats in the Upper House ... The public was foolish for having stood for it.

In memory of my maternal grandparents - God Save the Queen!

You are glad for Britain? You still think this is about immigrants? Are you following anything happening by any chance?

UK didn't get out of refugee crisis by voting out EU and exactly the same belief led them to their ruin. 

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on June 25, 2016, 06:57:35 AM
NPR reported a poll that showed in addition to Londoners/vote stay and non-Londoners/vote leave, the vote was also divided by age, with younger voters voting to stay, and older voters voting to leave.  I don't know what that means.  Polls like this only tell us "what", not "why?"  Of course, we can speculate about it.

Also, in regards to speculation, the Brit that NPR was interviewing about that exit poll, said she thought a lot of people were so sure that Britain would vote to stay, they thoughtlessly marked "leave" just to counter the trend.  Then woke up the next morning wondering what they had done.  How she deduced this, she didn't explain, but it kind of fits with Brits googling EU to see what it was after they voted to exit.

How old people have screwed over the younger generation - in three charts

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/how-old-people-have-screwed-over-the-younger-generationin-three-charts--W1AA_n4nEb

drunkenshoe

Brits are the largest group living on EU wellfare in EU. What's going to happen to them? The new Britain will continue to pay them without question after making so much issue and politics based on cutting minorities -which is far less then brits getting domestic wellfare- because it was supposedly huge?

I also wonder how many international families that is going to suffer from this. They'll have to pay for everything too.

From paying extra to get into EU market now as a country, to the individual who wants to get out of the door... they will pay and pay for anything in and around EU now.

If they cannot fix that economy fast and good, it is going to be very bad.

Baruch

They will have to dynamite the Chunnel ... to keep France from sending all the refugees (and older W African migrants) to England.  The basic position of European countries, is extreme hostility to each other, and boulangerie.  What one vocal Brit says about the vote, that it is a gift to the Tories, even if it hurt Cameron.  Is Boris Johnson going to be the next PM?  Is he a Trojan Horse conservative?  Will UKIP continue to pull the Tories to the Right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

marom1963

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 26, 2016, 04:07:37 AM
You are glad for Britain? You still think this is about immigrants? Are you following anything happening by any chance?

UK didn't get out of refugee crisis by voting out EU and exactly the same belief led them to their ruin.
It's about British xenophobia.
Look, you've got a one-track mind w/the migrants. The one and only reason that there is a crisis is that the migrants can rest assured that the Europeans will not shoot them. Notice that no waves of migrants showed up to knock on Russia's door. Putin would have shot them. The migrant crisis is the fault of the EU for not shooting them. Instead, Angela Merkel is rolling out a red carpet. Well, deal w/it then. But speak only for your country. And get away w/it only so long as your people are willing to leave you in as chancellor. The Austrians didn't want any migrants. The Italians didn't want any. The Hungarians didn't want any. Who does Merkel think she is? "Wir mussen" she said, "We must."  Nein! Das ist nicht wahr!
OMNIA DEPENDET ...