Attempted Trump Assassination

Started by Flanker1Six, June 21, 2016, 06:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: TomFoolery on June 21, 2016, 07:52:41 PM
People saw this coming, right? I mean, how could you not?

Whether they attacked Trump, Hillary or a women MP in England ... we have to end all civil liberties now!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

You are 40 years too late.  The US started going in the economic shitter in the 1970s.  Ever hear what happened to blue collar workers under Reagan?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Baruch on June 22, 2016, 08:07:36 PM
You are 40 years too late.  The US started going in the economic shitter in the 1970s.
But, automation was supposed to save us.

Baruch

Quote from: gentle_dissident on June 22, 2016, 08:52:49 PM
But, automation was supposed to save us.

As George Carlin pointed out ... we aren't part of "us".  Automation won't save "us" either.  If I can type 10x faster than I can think, can I make more posts?  The slowest part dominates the fastest part.  The slowest part are the idiot executives.  Also automation won't provide a free lunch ... nothing can do that.  Funny how the capitalists are following the communist plan for eventual utopia thru automation.  Marx just thought that utopia would be run by workers.  He was wrong.  There is no utopia, and workers aren't part of it anyway.  In many ways, Star Trek is an American acceptable version of communist utopia ... with photon torpedoes!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

KUSA

Quote from: widdershins on June 22, 2016, 11:45:58 AM
I have been wondering for a few years now why it's only conservatives that go nuts and shoot places up.

Most of the shooters are registered Democrats. The Orlando shooter, the San Bernardino shooter, the Batman movie shooter. The list goes on and on.

Flanker1Six

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 21, 2016, 09:46:49 PM
I'm going to check up on this thread in a few days when it's been decided that radical Sino-Mexican marxist homosexual terrorists were behind this dastardly attack.

My "sources" tell me it was the CFFT (Cats For Free Treats) ; a heavily armed band of terrorist cats affiliated with the former Sanders Campaign.  That's exactly the kind of unintended consequences you get when irresponsibly talking about free stuff for everyone all the time.   The easily led a"stray" are very quick to jump on the band wagon and take action.  *$&*&$%@#@#*& commies!   :agreenod:

Baruch

Quote from: stromboli on June 22, 2016, 12:10:35 AM
Trump is doing a fine job of screwing the pooch all by his lonesome. Only has something like 1.3 million versus Hillary's millions. And Wall Street is more likely to align with her than Trump, assuming she doesn't pick Elizabeth Warren for VP. Last poll I saw had Trump way behind, and the more he spouts his BS the more he exposes himself as a fraud.

He may even have to actually spend his own money (if he really has any) ;-)  The billionaires who usually fund this crap (thanks Citizens United) only nominate brain dead zombies who do what they are told.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: KUSA on June 26, 2016, 02:30:22 PM
Most of the shooters are registered Democrats. The Orlando shooter, the San Bernardino shooter, the Batman movie shooter. The list goes on and on.

And yet Republicans get the credit ;-) ... at least at Democrat cocktail parties.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: KUSA on June 26, 2016, 02:30:22 PM
A quick search easily turns up many articles which disagree with that assessment or have researches saying "Cruz is misinterpreting our research", prompting Politifact to label that claim as "mostly false while the pages I find in support of this statement tend to make claims like Absolute, Undeniable, Verifiable PROOF That All Mass-Shooters Are Democrats and Why are all mass murderers Democrats?, which suggests a dubious nature to the claim.  I HIGHLY doubt that "all" mass shooters are anything other than perhaps crazy as hell.

So I'm going to ask you to back up that claim by telling me how many mass shooters over the past, say, decade were registered Democrats vs registered Republicans vs not registered with a party.  Listing 3 attackers which you can't even name in a claim that Politifact calls "mostly false" suggests you're talking out your ass.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

You have a point ... a set of three does not a good statistical sample make.

But the insinuation, that Democrats are hypocrites on the gun issue, that this is a dog whistle for Dums, like race is for Rethugs ... may be true.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

KUSA

Quote from: widdershins on June 27, 2016, 03:41:58 PM
A quick search easily turns up many articles which disagree with that assessment or have researches saying "Cruz is misinterpreting our research", prompting Politifact to label that claim as "mostly false while the pages I find in support of this statement tend to make claims like Absolute, Undeniable, Verifiable PROOF That All Mass-Shooters Are Democrats and Why are all mass murderers Democrats?, which suggests a dubious nature to the claim.  I HIGHLY doubt that "all" mass shooters are anything other than perhaps crazy as hell.

So I'm going to ask you to back up that claim by telling me how many mass shooters over the past, say, decade were registered Democrats vs registered Republicans vs not registered with a party.  Listing 3 attackers which you can't even name in a claim that Politifact calls "mostly false" suggests you're talking out your ass.

I said that most are, not all are.

drunkenshoe

It's not important who have the more guns. That orange thing being shot dead as a presidency candidate would be the worst thing that can happen in the US right now.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

widdershins

Quote from: KUSA on June 28, 2016, 07:30:37 AM
I said that most are, not all are.
I never claimed that YOU said "all".  I said the search results supporting your claim said "all".

YOU said "most", so PROVE "most".

KUSA

Quote from: widdershins on June 28, 2016, 11:03:50 AM
I never claimed that YOU said "all".  I said the search results supporting your claim said "all".

YOU said "most", so PROVE "most".

It's easy to search for the answers. Take this for example.

widdershins

Quote from: KUSA on June 28, 2016, 12:10:51 PM
It's easy to search for the answers. Take this for example.

It's "easy to search for examples", is it?  They why are you shit at it?

Let's look at the flaws, which are many, with the idiocy you just presented me with.

There is a simple formula for proving your claim that "Most of the shooters are registered Democrats", a copy and paste from your original uninformed quote.  That formula is this:
Total number of shooters - shooters who are registered Democrats < total number of shooters - shooters who are not registered democrats.
So, what are we missing in your "evidence".  Well, total number of shooters for one.  And total number of shooters who are registered Democrats.  And a sample size so we know you're not cherry picking a particular decade, year, month or day.  And ANY evidence WHATSOEVER that those claimed to be registered Democrats actually are.  Actually, you're missing EVERYTHING you need to prove your claim.

Now, what else is wrong here?  Aurora?  Could be true.  Virginia Tech?  Wait a minute.  VIRGINIA DOESN'T HAVE PARTISAN VOTER REGISTRATION!!!  It's hard to be a "registered Democrat" in a state where you CANNOT register as a Democrat.  The Columbine shooters.  Wait a minute.  One of them turned 18 just ELEVEN DAYS before the shooting!  Am I to believe he rushed right out to register as a Democrat on his way to killing a bunch of people?  And the other?  FUCKING 17 AT THE TIME!  Not even OLD ENOUGH to register to vote so he COULD NOT HAVE BEEN a registered Democrat.  Moving on, Sandy Hook.  Maybe.  Ft. Hood.  Wait a minute!  TEXAS DOESN'T HAVE PARTISAN VOTER REGISTRATION!!!  Ah, but wait, he moved there from...FUCK...he moved there from VIRGINIA!

You are ludicrously misinformed.  If you can't be bothered to fact check yourself you really shouldn't be posting uninformed bullshit here, of all places.  We fact check.  We ALL fact check.  If it's not true, we WILL find out.  And this claim...it's not true.