News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Gary Johnson Cleans Up

Started by Flanker1Six, June 07, 2016, 06:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker1Six

Laughed my ass off when I read this.  Though I suppose it is a good idea to have your head screwed on straight "if" you had to light the firecracker (nuclear response) or not.  There's gotta be a good SNL skit in this somewhere!

Presidential Aid: FUCK!!! You didn't press THAT one did you??!!

GJ:  I was just trying to order a pizza from the kitchen!   I, I, I, forgot which speed dial button they were! 

PA:  Which missile was it??

GJ:  How the fuck should I know?!  I only been here two weeks; I didn't even know which speed dial button the kitchen is!

PA:  Alright!  Alright! Alright!  I got a hold of NORAD; it was the missile we had targeted on the Discovery America channel.  No one's gonna miss them!   Call Putin though, and tell him it was a software error, and we're on MicroSoft's ass!   

GJ:  Whew!!!   Hey!  I still want that pizza.............................black olives and double pepperoni!

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/libertarian-gary-johnson-quit-pot/2016/06/06/id/732580/

stromboli

Yeah I'm a fan. Personally think he's a better choice than the other two. But he's honest, and that never works.

gentle_dissident

I'm sure we've had some drunks in The White House.

Quote"No, I was using it recreationally," Johnson said. "The unforgivable sin is hypocrisy, and I don't want to be a hypocrite."

Yes, intoxication in The White House is not a good idea, but here's no need to call yourself a sinner and do some elite self deprecation.

AllPurposeAtheist

Greens aren't getting elected and neither are libertarians.The single most effective use of your vote is in the primaries, but in most states you have to be registered within one party or the other to vote in the primary. Those who are registered as independent or green are squandering their potential vote.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Flanker1Six

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 14, 2016, 04:15:02 PM
Greens aren't getting elected and neither are libertarians.The single most effective use of your vote is in the primaries, but in most states you have to be registered within one party or the other to vote in the primary. Those who are registered as independent or green are squandering their potential vote.

Ssssoooo.............we should only vote if "we're" going to win.  Touche!

As I said:

Ooooooorrrrrrrrr......................an alternative explanation might be.....................you're uncomfortable out of your comfort zone.  The tried, the true, the FAMILIAR (aka SOS) are just so warm and fuzzy.   Your paradigm is calcified to the point of endless bitching and complaining..................then it's off to the election booth to vote for the same greatness that's brought you to well......................this.  A perfect endless loop with the gridlock you love so well at the end. 

BTW:  I agree with you. 

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on June 07, 2016, 06:14:47 PM
Yeah I'm a fan. Personally think he's a better choice than the other two. But he's honest, and that never works.
Until the Democrat and Republican nominees are on the same playing field as the other candidates, it never will. And that may never happen.

Hydra009

AllPurposeAtheist

Primaries often come down to someone winning by a vote or two and it's where you actually get to decide who will be on the ticket come election time.  You don't like the choices? Vote in the primaries. The choices might not be so great, but there's usually a much larger pool of potential candidates to choose from and as the fleabaggers have demonstrated its how you get the dead weight out of office except in their case it was electing dead weight.. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.