News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What You Can't Do in the UK

Started by gentle_dissident, May 29, 2016, 11:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marom1963

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 30, 2016, 03:45:25 PM
No idea what that is. Looks like and action movie.
I think the attitude of the law will inconvenience people. It looks like it's designed to create witch-hunts.
Where was the House of Lords on this one? It's supposed to review this sort of thing and send it back to the Commons.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

stromboli

If there's anything I've learned in my years on the planet, morality is a very fluid thing. Lived and smoked pot with people that were Mormon Elders, businessmen, and a few other things. One guy used to brag about being an Eagle scout while Toking up. And any number of the 1% have made a living out of screwing other people while proclaiming themselves righteous Christians.

My next trip is to Southwestern Utah and Arizona. Might be looking for some of them psycho-whatcha-ma-callits. Might as well go out with a smile on your face and pupils the size of dinner plates.  :biggrin: Excuse me. Got to go check out my Audobon field guide for Psychoactives.....

Baruch

Quote from: marom1963 on May 30, 2016, 01:24:59 PM
I hate talk of the one percent. My sister is part of that one percent. Believe me, she's not got influence. What she's got is a nice cushion, should an emergency happen, that's all. What we need to talk about is the one percent of one percent. My sister works many, many hours every week, as does her husband. So, some millions does not make you rich and powerful - they just make you tired when you flop into bed for your 4 hours of sleep - if the phone doesn't ring, that is.

Its a label.  I could just say ... assholes.  Fact is, if you make more than 1/4 of the American average ... you are a beneficiary of the great bank robbery.  I do.  Lucky where and when I was born and who my parents were.  Did I work hard?  Sure ... but that was leverage on top of my good luck.  Do I feel guilty?  Don't call me Gandhi.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

marom1963

OMNIA DEPENDET ...

marom1963

Quote from: Baruch on May 30, 2016, 09:35:27 PM
Its a label.  I could just say ... assholes.  Fact is, if you make more than 1/4 of the American average ... you are a beneficiary of the great bank robbery.  I do.  Lucky where and when I was born and who my parents were.  Did I work hard?  Sure ... but that was leverage on top of my good luck.  Do I feel guilty?  Don't call me Gandhi.
Well, I benefit from my sister's wealth. She pampers me. I wear nice clothes, have a nice place to live, eat good food, go to the best program, have access to a lawyer if something goes wrong, don't get hassled by the police - all sorts of nice treats for somebody whose own income is SSI. I have a top of the line computer, printer, tablet, phone ... I have all the books I want. I live in clover like I did when my parents were alive. Good cigars. Good pipe tobacco. Somebody else does my bookkeeping. It's very nice.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

gentle_dissident

Quote from: marom1963 on May 30, 2016, 02:07:28 PM
My sister paid 40 k in state taxes alone last year
I hope she has some influence in the state with the citizenry. Sometimes all it takes is a large group of concerned citizens.

She sounds like the kind of person who goes beyond her charitable deduction. I hope she's got her own charity. If not, we need community centers.

marom1963

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 31, 2016, 07:16:43 PM
I hope she has some influence in the state with the citizenry. Sometimes all it takes is a large group of concerned citizens.

She sounds like the kind of person who goes beyond her charitable deduction. I hope she's got her own charity. If not, we need community centers.
Like me, St Jude's Children's Hospital and the ASPCA. Of course, she gives much more than I do. She also gives to breast cancer research.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Jason78

Quote from: Munch on May 30, 2016, 02:57:25 PM
I've also sung happy birthday, ate bacon in front of a person in islamic attire, used a fake name online, use ad-blocker, used someone elses wifi, sold stuff on ebay without declaring it, gotten drunk past 11pm, ate something before buying it in a supermarket, and lets not forget downloaded music.

Have you ever torn the tag from a mattress?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

marom1963

Quote from: Jason78 on June 01, 2016, 01:30:22 PM
No, that would be immoral!
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Munch

Quote from: Jason78 on June 01, 2016, 01:30:22 PM

only if it pisses me off and stops me sleeping
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin