A loving lesson about Jehovah's policy on love between people of the same sex

Started by PickelledEggs, May 31, 2016, 07:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote"Proverbs 22:6King James Version (KJV)

6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
Indoctrination. It's biblical.

Blackleaf

I like how the video doesn't address why homosexuality is wrong, or how God's standards make people happier. The video inadvertently agrees with the message it's trying to debunk.

"It doesn't matter, as long as they're happy."

"He [God] wants us to be happy, and he knows how we can be happiest."

Then...what's the problem? Evidently, God knows that dividing a homosexual family would turn a perfectly happy and functioning unit into two unhappy parents and one unhappy child. God should also know that gay people are not able to love the opposite sex, and therefor his vision for marriage as 1 man + 1 woman would not make them happy. So one of two things about this video must be corrected: (1) God knows that homosexuals are happiest together. (2) God don't give a fuck about your happiness, so get in line already!

Also, since when has God's vision for marriage been limited to one man and one woman? A ton of characters in the Bible had multiple wives, and God had no problem with it. At least learn your own Bible before you go shoving it down our throats.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

marom1963

I think it beyond sad - beyond pathetic, even - that anyone cares at this point what Jehovah wants. IF Jehovah exists - and he doesn't - he made us, not the other way around, so it's his fault that there are gay people in the first place - so, let him either miracle them straight or  telegram the Pope that being gay is OK. And, if he can't do either of those 2 things, fuck him. IF Jehovah exists - and he doesn't - and if people started cursing him, spitting when they said his name, ignoring his "rules," then maybe we'd see some action around here. "Hey, stupid, we're sick and tired of your bullshit. Get up off your lazy ass and clean up the mess you made here or else go to Hell, where you belong!" Maybe the whole World should say that next Sunday in church. Maybe then we'd know for sure whether there was a Jehovah ... There isn't one. And the church knows it. All the church cares about is the fucking collection plate.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

Quote from: marom1963 on May 31, 2016, 11:31:39 PM
I think it beyond sad - beyond pathetic, even - that anyone cares at this point what Jehovah wants. IF Jehovah exists - and he doesn't - he made us, not the other way around, so it's his fault that there are gay people in the first place - so, let him either miracle them straight or  telegram the Pope that being gay is OK. And, if he can't do either of those 2 things, fuck him. IF Jehovah exists - and he doesn't - and if people started cursing him, spitting when they said his name, ignoring his "rules," then maybe we'd see some action around here. "Hey, stupid, we're sick and tired of your bullshit. Get up off your lazy ass and clean up the mess you made here or else go to Hell, where you belong!" Maybe the whole World should say that next Sunday in church. Maybe then we'd know for sure whether there was a Jehovah ... There isn't one. And the church knows it. All the church cares about is the fucking collection plate.
You won't get in to Jehovah's kingdom with that tongue!!

marom1963

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 01, 2016, 03:51:27 AM
You won't get in to Jehovah's kingdom with that tongue!!
Good!
A man died and went to Heaven,and God came running up to him, overjoyed to see him. "Hello! I'm so happy to see you! Welcome to Heaven!" The man was filled w/joy that he had made it into Heaven and that he had met his maker. Then God said, "Is there anything that I can do for you?" The man thought for a moment. "You know, Lord, it's strange, but I'm hungry." "Hungry? No problem," said God. "I'll fix you something to eat." "Meanwhile, come here and look in this telescope. Through it, you can see Hell. You'll be able to see what might have happened to you, if you had been a sinner." So, God went off to get the food, and the man looked through the telescope. He saw people dinning on steak and lobster and roast beef, eating all sorts of rare delicacies. He thought, "Wow! If that's what they're getting in Hell, what will I get in Heaven?" Just then, God came back w/a plate. On it were 2 tuna fish sandwiches. The man said, "Tuna fish? But in Hell, they're eating steak! How come all I get is a tuna fish sandwich?" God replied, "Well, I didn't think that I had to cook for just the 2 of us."
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

PickelledEggs

Envy is a sin. Give that man some meat and potatoes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

reasonist

I just looked that up: on average 3.5% of the population are gay, lesbian or bisexual. According to the religious, 96.5% of the population feels threatened by that!
There are 1,500 animal species that practice homosexuality. Of course we are just another species of animals. That means either the 'creator' made a colossal blunder or homosexuality is a normal part of nature. 
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

marom1963

Quote from: reasonist on June 01, 2016, 10:19:19 AM
I just looked that up: on average 3.5% of the population are gay, lesbian or bisexual. According to the religious, 96.5% of the population feels threatened by that!
There are 1,500 animal species that practice homosexuality. Of course we are just another species of animals. That means either the 'creator' made a colossal blunder or homosexuality is a normal part of nature.
Just to piss off the believers, I'll vote for both - colossal blunder - and a normal part of nature.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...