News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Seem to be alone

Started by DaveJ, March 27, 2013, 08:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveJ

I'm 44 yr old male, feel i have been somewhat shunned by most because of my beliefs. I'm not very outspoken about what I believe but if someone asks, I just simply tell them I dont believe in god. Can't seem to get a girlfriend because of my beliefs or atleast keep one. Just lonely after all these years. Never joined a website or really talk to anyone else with the same beliefs. Don't expect much feedback. Just kinda venting I guess.

DaveJ

stromboli

Welcome. Vent away. A lot of people that come here are outcasts or feel as such, because of their beliefs.

AllPurposeAtheist

Welcome to a bunch of hermit atheists Dave.. We're mostly in the minority where we live.
I live in a vets shelter where it's run by a 'faith based' org, VOA and though I seldom take anyone's shit laying down they try to not so subtlely inject GAWD into all kinds of crap here so I often just get up and leave and ignore the ignorant fucks..
It can be a lonely existence at time, but keep plugging along.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

People disrespecting my avatar, yo.  :cry:

antediluvian

Hi DaveJ, Welcome,

This is a good place for atheists, outcast or otherwise.
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

Brian37

Quote from: "DaveJ"I'm 44 yr old male, feel i have been somewhat shunned by most because of my beliefs. I'm not very outspoken about what I believe but if someone asks, I just simply tell them I dont believe in god. Can't seem to get a girlfriend because of my beliefs or atleast keep one. Just lonely after all these years. Never joined a website or really talk to anyone else with the same beliefs. Don't expect much feedback. Just kinda venting I guess.

DaveJ

Don't be sensitive about yourself. Your age or looks are beliefs are your own, letting others rule you is stupid. Don't let the baggage of others dictate to you. You can only be you.

And as far as getting a girlfriend, please spare me. If I were a basket ball player every time I tried to make a dunk I would get REJECTED! Do not equate rejection to you being bad. When someone of the opposite sex denies an advancement it is merely their own desires and thoughts, it does not mean you are unworthy yourself.

Hormones make up most of human dysfunction. How you get stable is not in expecting others to like or love you, you must first like and accept yourself.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Sleeper

Quote from: "stromboli"People disrespecting my avatar, yo.  :cry:
I love your avatars.
Because LaPlace still holds sway.

aitm

welcome to the place occupied mostly by nutjobs....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

ticdog

Welcome Dave J

I have had my share of ladies dislike me because I am openly hostile to
the concept of one God  but I still have plenty of lovers in my life.
I am not looking for a woman who thinks like me but I can not stand a woman with a closed
mind I do not care what she looks like  that is a huge turn off

Be Atheist and Proud
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Sal1981

Welcome. There is always hope.

Plu

Welcome to the forums :) You can find a new home here.

NitzWalsh

Is anyone really ever alone? The human body is typically host to a number of other organisms.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Jason78

Quote from: "NitzWalsh"Is anyone really ever alone? The human body is typically host to a number of other organisms.

Some of them aren't exactly organisms that I'd like to call friend.

Oh, and welcome to the boards DaveJ :)
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Fidel_Castronaut

Welcome Dave.

As others have commented, many people who join this and other atheist forums (especially from the states and other religious states) often feel this is the only place they have to vent and talk about their problems in life.

It seems a trifle thing that someones lack of belief can affect their interaction with their peers in such a dramatic way, but here we are.

So vent away, hope you stick around.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Mister Agenda

Welcome, Dave. You might look to see if there is an atheist or freethought Meetup in your area (check Meetup.com). The group might be 70% atheist males in their forties, but at least you'll have company.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina