How to bankrupt the Catholic Church! …………

Started by 21CIconoclast, May 29, 2016, 12:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21CIconoclast

ANSWER: Lift the statute of limitations on prosecuting child buggering priests!

As if the current paid out reparations to address Catholic pedophile priests isn't enough at 4 BILLION PLUS, if the statute of limitations were lifted this would bring the church to it's knees (no pun intended).  Imagine what 4 billion dollars would have done towards taking care of the starving and homeless of this world.

When do you think the Catholic Church will actually follow the DIRECT WORDS of Jesus in the passage below?

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." (Matthew 19:21)

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

widdershins

That actually wouldn't do it.  If it was going to cost them money they would simply pull up stakes and leave, which wouldn't exactly hurt my feelings any either.  I don't care what church it is or what the alternative is, if it's between losing a lot of money and some other thing, they're doing that other thing.  It could be sucking Satan's dick.  No problem, as long as the church doesn't lose money.

I actually saw this in my old church.  There was some flyer circulating about how the new logo for Proctor and Gamble was the mark of the beast.  I looked at the logo when I was at the store and not only did I not see it, it wasn't the same logo that was on the page.  So I went looking for the flyer, but I couldn't find it on the bulletin board any more.  So I asked where it was.  I was told that Proctor and Gamble threatened to sue if they didn't stop saying that.  So they took it down and stopped saying it.  They gave up what they framed as a fight against Satan to keep their money.

That's my favorite church story ever.  That was the first seed planted that would eventually blossom into a beautiful atheism.  I was very idealistic at the time.  I still am, though not nearly as much.  Right and wrong was black and white back then.  And the church gave up the fight against Satan to keep from getting sued.  They chose financial gain over fighting evil.  It didn't make sense at the time.  How could these warriors of righteousness who glorified poverty not, themselves, be willing to give up everything they owned to fight evil?  How could you scare the devout into stopping the fight by threatening them with something as insignificant as money?  I later came to realize that it was MY money which was insignificant, so I should give as much of it to the church as possible  because it was only money.  It didn't matter.  The CHURCH'S money, on the other hand, that was very much not insignificant.

I vaguely remember a sermon about how people on fixed incomes like Social Security STILL needed to give 10%.  I clearly remember a sermon about how your money will "go further" if you give that 10%.  And I remember the repeated round-about shaming of the congregation (all of whom were poor) because the pastor had to get a job besides just being a pastor because they weren't giving enough.  I'm not sure what he expected.  There couldn't have been more than 30 members, at least half of them children, most on Social Security or some form of welfare.  The pastor's kids had closets full of brand-name shoes when most of the congregation had only a single pair, not brand name, often hand-me-downs.  How can you expect to keep that kind of lifestyle on the backs of a handful of poor people?  With religion it's easy.  You just shame the poor people into going without EVEN MORE until you have more disposable income.  They had multiple nice cars, newly remodeled house, a piano (in their house), brand-name clothes, nice suits, etc.  And that wasn't enough.  Living better BY FAR than anyone and everyone else in the church wasn't enough.

So, yeah, take the money out of religion and you're not going to bankrupt the religion.  The religion is just going to do whatever is necessary, kill whoever is necessary to keep as much of their money as possible.  If that means leaving the country altogether until enough crazy Republican shitheads get elected to convince people that the victims are evil money grabbers and the church needs that money for all the "good" they do, that's what they'll do.
This sentence is a lie...

Unbeliever

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 29, 2016, 12:44:56 PMquote author=21CIconoclast link=topic=10177.msg1134920#msg1134920 date=1464540296]
When do you think the Catholic Church will actually follow the DIRECT WORDS of Jesus in the passage below?

I don't think either the RCC or any other Christian churches will ever do the things their Jesus told them to do. Or not do, as the case may be.

Just last night I heard a Methodist praying before dinner, and really wanted to ask him why Christians disobey the commandments of Jesus - such as to not pray in public. But I figured it wasn't worth the time or effort to ask, so I didn't.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

widdershins

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 01, 2016, 05:46:50 PM

I don't think either the RCC or any other Christian churches will ever do the things their Jesus told them to do. Or not do, as the case may be.

Just last night I heard a Methodist praying before dinner, and really wanted to ask him why Christians disobey the commandments of Jesus - such as to not pray in public. But I figured it wasn't worth the time or effort to ask, so I didn't.

The reality is that no church is saying, "Do what Jesus said to do".  They say that AND THEN follow with a specific example.  So what they're really saying is, "Do what I say Jesus said to do".
This sentence is a lie...

21CIconoclast

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 01, 2016, 05:46:50 PM

Uh, that is if they only want to eat in their closet: “But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.” (Matthew 6:6)

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”