Satan's Blood (an 800,000 scoville unit spicy hot liquid extract) discussion

Started by Sting Chameleon, May 18, 2016, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 21, 2016, 06:07:48 AM
FYI, you don't put that kind of pepper ON food, you use it in cooking. One drop to a large-ish vat of chili or similar.

And by "you", I mean the folks who will be able to taste other foods subsequently.

Personally don't use a lot of heat in cooking, although Mexican/Hispanic foods are often on the menu hereabouts. Wife doesn't like hot stuff and I don't go out of my way to put heat into food. You can get the pepper taste without heat if you want. Anaheim peppers are zero Scovils and give you the taste without the heat.  Jalapeno occasionally, but never the seeds. The seeds in Jalapeno are hotter than the peppers.

If somebody wants to prove their manhood by setting their asshole on fire, be my guest. don't personally see the point.

KUSA

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on May 21, 2016, 08:35:30 AM
Personally don't use a lot of heat in cooking, although Mexican/Hispanic foods are often on the menu hereabouts. Wife doesn't like hot stuff and I don't go out of my way to put heat into food. You can get the pepper taste without heat if you want. Anaheim peppers are zero Scovils and give you the taste without the heat.  Jalapeno occasionally, but never the seeds. The seeds in Jalapeno are hotter than the peppers.

If somebody wants to prove their manhood by setting their asshole on fire, be my guest. don't personally see the point.
I regularly eat jalapenos, seeds and all.  They're great with salads, burgers, chili, etc.  I like the mild rush that they give and it helps clear my sinuses.  I try not to go overboard but yeah, eating stuff in the hundreds of thousands of scoville units seems like an extremely bad idea.

stromboli

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 21, 2016, 01:05:23 PM
I regularly eat jalapenos, seeds and all.  They're great with salads, burgers, chili, etc.  I like the mild rush that they give and it helps clear my sinuses.  I try not to go overboard but yeah, eating stuff in the hundreds of thousands of scoville units seems like an extremely bad idea.

Might actually be a good idea for atheists. Preconditioning for our eternity in HELL.