How can anyone be a Catholic is beyond reason…..

Started by 21CIconoclast, May 15, 2016, 05:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21CIconoclast

One of the many embarrassing perils of being a Catholic is when Antonin Scalia, a Catholic in name only, was a member of the Hell bound Catholic church who hid their pedophile priests in “coverups” by their bishops, and church officials over the years.

Here’s a simple way to assess Scalia’s current pope’ Francis’ performance regarding the churches pedophile coverup scandals:

1 Name one complicit church official anywhere who has been disciplined by Francis relative to pedophile abuse. ZERO.

2 Name one child-molesting cleric anywhere who has been exposed by the Francis himself. ZERO.

3 Only until May of this year did pope Francis mention the discipline of pedophile priests in a very vague way, and he somehow forgot to mention where the bishops systematically transferred pedophile priests around parishes instead of reporting them to police where punishment is in order as well. Victims' groups have demanded Francis punish such bishops, but so far, Francis’ silence is deafening upon this factual topic!

The wishful thinking is, one can only wonder why Antonin Scalia didn’t use his Supreme Court influence with pope Francis in totally going after the churches pedophile alumni, in the same vein as Francis did with his visit to the US Congress regarding immigration. Funny how that works!

Subjectively, its hard to look up to Antonin Scalia, because he held his hell bound Bronze and Iron Age pedophile coverup Catholic Church in high esteem while making decisions upon matters of the United States against women and gays.

How anyone can swallow the Catholic Kool Aide in todays age is beyond reason, but our token pseudo-christian named “Randy” has, as  he drinks daily from the ruse of the Catholic faith. LOL

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

dtq123

Normally I'm more of a jerk when it comes to this, but I think you've gone a bit too far.

I (used) to go to a Vietnamese Catholic Parish, and generally fun times there. All the priests were nice people, and (dare I say), all the women there hot too.

We had fun discussion about god, only once getting in trouble for bumping into a priest, but otherwise they were lenient with how they taught us god.

Then there is you. You are the opposite of those kind people. I'm tired of you just going on and on about how you hate Catholics.

Catholics run schools, orphanages, debate groups, music festivals, and even decent art.

I personally volunteer for many places, even with my autism trying to make me shy away from such things. I even do some real citizen science, where I track the birds in my area. I've learned stress management and made some good friends. Even religious ones. I'm not an angry atheist that most people would assume. Many still think that way, and I'm always saddened by the horror on their faces when I tell them, the fact that cognitive dissonance is even there makes me want to vomit.

And then there is you. What do you do?

Look, Catholicism isn't perfect. But what is an echo chamber going to do?

Last week, my dad took me back to church trying to get me back in. I told them all I learned in the past 3 years, including stuff about priests. Most of them already knew, and knew to call the police and struggle if it were to happen. They were SANE.

I do everything I can to stop stereotypes against being atheist. What do you do?
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

aitm

It IS rather unfair to pick on randy as he has been spoon fed from infancy….he has little choice but to believe and cannot find his way out. However, I have no objection to the rest of your post, the babble well establishes the right to rape children at will, god grants that. SO in that sense, yes, I wouldn't let randy around children.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

dtq123

Quote from: aitm on May 15, 2016, 06:26:26 PM
It IS rather unfair to pick on randy as he has been spoon fed from infancy….he has little choice but to believe and cannot find his way out. However, I have no objection to the rest of your post, the babble well establishes the right to rape children at will, god grants that. SO in that sense, yes, I wouldn't let randy around children.
Everyone here knows that "What's Written in the Babble" isn't equal to "0 Errors, Commence Action" right?
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Baruch

Quote from: dtq123 on May 15, 2016, 06:28:51 PM
Everyone here knows that "What's Written in the Babble" isn't equal to "0 Errors, Commence Action" right?

You are right about the pointless rhetoric.  Shadow boxing in a video game doesn't cover the half of it.  It would be better there be no scripture at all, than people make endless valueless arguments about it.  Socrates would say that books are the corruption of education anyway.  Actual education is one on one between two people, who think on their feet, about ordinary things.  How many angels dance on the head of a pin ... is rather pointless.

So study individual people, not scripture or theology.  In that sense Plato was a betrayal of what Socrates stood for, because he got paid for teaching (Socrates did it for free as a civic duty) and he wrote books.  Of course, studying institutions isn't studying people, but a social process, and is usually a downer for me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

stromboli

I don't believe in picking on, more a "give them rope and let them hang themselves" type.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Baruch on May 15, 2016, 06:44:29 PM
Actual education is one on one between two people, who think on their feet, about ordinary things.  How many angels dance on the head of a pin ... is rather pointless.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Mike Cl

Quote from: aitm on May 15, 2016, 06:26:26 PM
I believe Randy indicated he is an adult convert.  Or pervert, whichever is more applicable.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

21CIconoclast

As we can see, Randy stays out of this kitchen because its too hot for him to enter! This topic is just another reason why
Randy has to HIDE from his primitive embarrassing Catholic faith, what's new? Nothing.

In turn, even though he HIDES because he is embarrassed, at the same time, this is the faith he wants to promote to others, laughable.

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

Jack89

I just returned to the Catholic Church a few month ago and have no regrets.  The Church does a ton of good stuff and I like being a part of that.  You ask what's being done about pedophiles, and I can tell you quite a bit.  I just volunteered for some charity work at my local parish, but before I could start I had to take a class called "Safe Environment Training".  Every adult who works or volunteers in the Church has to take the class, including clergy. 
I took the class a few days ago and I was impressed.  The instructor was a member of a neighboring parish who also happens to be a sex crimes police detective.  He talked about the abuse of children in the Church, how to recognize it, and how to report it.  We watched interview videos of victims and pedophiles, talked about past atrocities, prevention, and what steps to take if it rears its ugly head.  He didn't pull any punches and emphasized that you call the police first, then child services, and then the parish last. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jack89 on May 16, 2016, 12:57:27 PM
I just returned to the Catholic Church a few month ago and have no regrets.  The Church does a ton of good stuff and I like being a part of that.  You ask what's being done about pedophiles, and I can tell you quite a bit.  I just volunteered for some charity work at my local parish, but before I could start I had to take a class called "Safe Environment Training".  Every adult who works or volunteers in the Church has to take the class, including clergy. 
I took the class a few days ago and I was impressed.  The instructor was a member of a neighboring parish who also happens to be a sex crimes police detective.  He talked about the abuse of children in the Church, how to recognize it, and how to report it.  We watched interview videos of victims and pedophiles, talked about past atrocities, prevention, and what steps to take if it rears its ugly head.  He didn't pull any punches and emphasized that you call the police first, then child services, and then the parish last.
Good.  But you would think that all those priests and other clergy and lay people that are just stuffed full of the Holy Spirit would not need anything other than the Law of the Lord for guidance.  Gee, I wonder where the holy spirit and Jesus are when all these bad things happen with his earthly tools????????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Jack89

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 16, 2016, 01:01:30 PM
Good.  But you would think that all those priests and other clergy and lay people that are just stuffed full of the Holy Spirit would not need anything other than the Law of the Lord for guidance.  Gee, I wonder where the holy spirit and Jesus are when all these bad things happen with his earthly tools????????
Good question. 

21CIconoclast

Quote from: Jack89 on May 16, 2016, 12:57:27 PM

Jack89,

YOUR QUOTE: "The Church does a ton of good stuff and I like being a part of that. "

Why did it take the primitive Catholic church so long in starting to do the "good stuff" regarding their pedophile priests AND THE SUBSEQUENT COVERUPS of these child buggering godly men?

Heads up, if the Bronze and Iron Age Catholic church actually did some "good stuff," and in the eyes of the bible character Jesus, then they wouldn't have one dollar in their coffers because they should be spending it all in helping the poor worldwide! The Catholic church continues to represent themselves as HYPOCRITES to the word of the alleged Jesus the Christ Disgusting!

“Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.” (Proverbs 19:17)

“But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.” ( Luke 14:13-14)

“If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you. Take no interest from him or profit, but fear your God, that your brother may live beside you.” ( Leviticus 25:35-36)

Jesus said: “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless.” ( Proverbs 31:8)

“For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’ (Deuteronomy 15:11)

Jack89, can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E-S? Sure you  can.

Mike Cl