ALL Christians run from this bible verse! (#497)…………..

Started by 21CIconoclast, May 14, 2016, 01:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21CIconoclast

The inspired word of the ever loving and forgiving Hebrew Christian god, affectionately known as "Yahweh", stated that you're to KILL anyone that tries to take you away from him and his primitive religion, even family members and friends.  I wonder is this biblical axiom is taught in Sunday School to the little ones?

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, BUT KILL HIM. Your hand shall be the first raised to SLAY HIM; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall STONE HIM TO DEATH, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12)

As all true Christians know, not pseudo-christians in name only, is that this specific verse is to be followed even today because of Jesus' Sermon on the Mount where he specifically stated that ALL commands within the bible are to be followed, period!

The last "pseudo-christian" that I discussed this verse with didn't have a cogent response to it, and therefore decided to run away from it to save himself from turning into another pretzel like all pseudo-christians have to do as they try in vain to save face.  His picture is shown below. So sad.

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

Baruch

That was exactly how the Jewish authorities, including Paul, treated Stephan.  Mostly "stoned" isn't taken literally now, but as a liquid refreshment.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Randy Carson

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 14, 2016, 01:14:12 PM

The inspired word of the ever loving and forgiving Hebrew Christian god, affectionately known as "Yahweh", stated that you're to KILL anyone that tries to take you away from him and his primitive religion, even family members and friends.  I wonder is this biblical axiom is taught in Sunday School to the little ones?

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, BUT KILL HIM. Your hand shall be the first raised to SLAY HIM; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall STONE HIM TO DEATH, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12)

As all true Christians know, not pseudo-christians in name only, is that this specific verse is to be followed even today because of Jesus' Sermon on the Mount where he specifically stated that ALL commands within the bible are to be followed, period!

The last "pseudo-christian" that I discussed this verse with didn't have a cogent response to it, and therefore decided to run away from it to save himself from turning into another pretzel like all pseudo-christians have to do as they try in vain to save face.  His picture is shown below. So sad.

Why do Christians not obey the Old Testament's commands to kill homosexuals and disobedient children?
by Matt Slick
https://carm.org/why-do-christians-not-obey-old-testaments-commands-to-kill-homosexuals

Critics of the Bible often cite Old Testament instances of slavery, violence against homosexuals, wiping out nations, etc., as evidence of a morally inadequate set of rules. They will also often ask why present-day Christians don't follow these "barbaric" teachings today. They complain that Christians are inconsistent and say that if we really follow the Bible then why don't we advocate such things as killing both homosexuals (Lev. 20:13) and disobedient children (Deut. 21:18-21).

The reason we don't is that the Old Covenantal system that involved such harsh punishments has been done away with. We are under a new covenant. Jesus said in Luke 22:20, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood."

This new covenant was prophecied in the Old Testament in Jer. 31:31, “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah." It is referenced in 1 Cor. 11:25, 2 Cor. 3:6, Heb. 8:8, 9:15, and 12:24.

Of particular importance to our topic is Heb. 8:13 which says, "When He said, 'A new covenant,' He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear." The Old Covenant with its harsh judicial judgments is no longer in effect because we are under a New Covenant.

Part of the reason the Old Testament covenantal system was so harsh is that first, the Old Testament law demonstrates the severity of righteousness and the requirement of perfection before a holy God. Galatians 3:24 says that the law is what points us to Christ. It does this by showing us that we are not able to keep the law and that the only way of obtaining righteousness before God is through the sacrifice of Jesus, who was God in flesh (John 1:1, 14, Col. 2:9).

Second, the Old Testament times were very difficult, and there were many nations that warred against Israel. Also, the devil and his demonic horde was constantly working to destroy Israel in order to invalidate the prophecies of the coming Messiah to, therefore, prevent the Messiah from being born and delivering His people. Therefore, God instituted laws, as difficult as they were, that were consistent with the culture of the times and that ensured the survival of the Jewish nation and that helped to maintain social structure and also reflected the harshness of the law.

The New Testament covenantal system says that we are to "be at peace with one another," (Mark 9:50) and "with all men," (Rom. 12:18). Rom. 14:19 says, "pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another." After all, "God has called us to peace," (1 Cor. 7:15).

However, this does not mean that we are to approve of such sins as homosexuality, adultery, lying, and stealing. We are to not participate in the sins of the world. Instead, we are to avoid them. We are not to be violent to anyone since the old theonomic, covenantal system has been done away with (Heb. 8:13). Instead, we are to be kind to them (2 Tim. 2:24-25) and show them love (1 Cor. 16:14, 2 Cor. 5:14). But the moral condemnation of immorality still stands--as is clearly taught in 1 Cor. 6:9-10 and Rom. 1:26-28.

So, the reason Christians are not obligated to stone homosexuals, disobedient children, and adulterers is that we're no longer underneath the Old Testament covenantal system. It has been fulfilled and done away with (Heb. 8:13).

What right do you have to judge?

In order for someone to raise a valid objection against the moral statutes of the Old Testament, he or she must provide a standard by which such judgments can be made. While people may not agree with the moral judgments of the Old Testament, not agreeing does not invalidate them or mean they are wrong, nor does simply saying "they were obviously barbaric rules" mean that they were. Likewise, saying that "society has evolved" is a meaningless statement. By what standard does the critic offer morally objective criteria by which he or she can judge another culture's morals?

We have to ask what right does a person in a present-day culture have to judge any ancient culture which existed in a completely different economic, militaristic, judicial, and geographical configuration? Of course, people are entitled to their opinions, and they don't have to like what the Bible teaches, but not liking it has no bearing on whether or not it is good. So, those critics who insist that the Old Testament laws were wrong need to provide an objective standard (not their own opinions) by which they can make moral judgments.
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

Shiranu

I would just like everyone who can to sit back and enjoy the sight of Randy having the title of Satan while it lasts. It's truly beautiful.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on May 14, 2016, 02:15:33 PM
I would just like everyone who can to sit back and enjoy the sight of Randy having the title of Satan while it lasts. It's truly beautiful.
I'M FUCKING ON THAT SHIT.

I took a picture. It lasts longer.

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 14, 2016, 02:20:30 PM
I'M FUCKING ON THAT SHIT.

I took a picture. It lasts longer.

Aye, uploaded a picture as well, just taking forever to save to my photobucket :p.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on May 14, 2016, 02:23:28 PM
Aye, uploaded a picture as well, just taking forever to save to my photobucket :p.
Ya snooze, ya lose.... suckerrrrrrr!

-Sent from your mom

21CIconoclast

Randy,

Seriously, why dig a deeper hole in showing us your total ignorance about your primitive belief in Christianity?  Do you like to be "schooled" by Atheists in showing you how dumbfounded you are about your Bronze and Iron Age cult? Is that it? Is it some kind of a fetish that you enjoy by being reprimanded upon your own faith by Atheists? Yes?

YOU ARE TO FOLLOW OLD TESTAMENT

In the Sermon on the Mount, your alleged bible Jesus character makes it clear that He DID NOT come to destroy, rescind, nullify or abrogate the Old Testament Laws, all 613 of them.

JESUS STATED: "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled" (Matthew 5:18).  With these words in Matthew 5:18, Jesus likened the continuance of the Mosaic Laws to the permanence of heaven and earth, get it?.

Relative to the above stipulations by Jesus, has heaven and earth passed away or disappeared yet as Jesus described? NO IT HAS NOT because everyone has not seen the biblical proof of this disappearance, to wit: “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare” (2 Peter 3:10) When the described facts above happen, then the Old Laws will be jettisoned and not sooner, period!

Furthermore, the alleged bible Jesus stated; “If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.” (John 15:10) Jesus can only keep His Father’s commands in the Old Testament that He obviously condones, which are the 613 Mosaic Laws. Does your Jesus have the authority to usurp His Father’s Old Testament commands? No he does not!

I see that you unfortunately used the old tired ruse of not having to follow the Old Testament because of Jesus. As I’ve shown you in biblical fact above, you do have to follow them. On a side note, isn’t it embarrassing for the Christian that an omniscient Yahweh god to LIE by changing his mind for a New Testament, when it is stated that Yahweh doesn’t change his mind, to wit: "God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, THAT HE SHOULD CHANGE HIS MIND. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" (Numbers 23:19)

JUDGING

Relative to your further ignorance upon biblical principles, the inspired word of your primitive bible states that one is to judge, especially in this case, your primitive Judeo Christian bible. Remember the Lord Jesus Christ commanded, "Judge righteous judgment" (John 7:24). He told a man, "Thou hast rightly judged" (Luke 7:43), and the most important judging verse is when Jesus told others; "Why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?" (Luke 12:57).  Take your insidious notion of not judging to a jury in a court of law as one places their hand upon the JUDEO-Christian bible to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth! 

Randy, albeit that you are in the denial stage of your forthcoming demise to Hell, and that is why you’re lashing out in this thread in vain. Again, I am sorry to factually and biblically show you that you’re Hell bound, as explicitly shown in the "Heads up for Catholics that were abused by their Priests" thread.

Randy, the reason that you’re easily being “schooled” by the Atheists is the fact that your thinking remains in the Bronze and Iron Age. We know you mean well, so may I suggest that you do not further this discussion past your current ignorance upon these topics, because if you do, I am prepared to add even more egg upon your face, okay?

Thanking you in advance.

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

PickelledEggs

@Randy Carson

(just tagging you in this post to test the new mention feature. Seeing how it works with names that have spaces in it. Pay no attention to this post.)

Randy Carson

It appears to be working.

Can I turn off the email notification feature?

I'm mentioned more frequently in this forum than Donald Trump on Fox News.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 14, 2016, 04:26:05 PM
It appears to be working.

Can I turn off the email notification feature?

I'm mentioned more frequently in this forum than Donald Trump on Fox News.
yes. If you go to the top in the drop down menu for profile>mentions then click "mentions" in the drop down.
You should see a box at the bottom for the email notifications. Unselect that and you should be good to go.

Randy Carson

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 14, 2016, 04:38:10 PM
yes. If you go to the top in the drop down menu for profile>mentions then click "mentions" in the drop down.
You should see a box at the bottom for the email notifications. Unselect that and you should be good to go.

Thanks. It appears that the new feature is working. Pretty slick, actually. I wish other forums had this capability.

marom1963

Modern Christians simply cannot justify the barbarity of the Bible - but continue to call it "the Good Book", nonetheless. If ever a book needed burning, it was that one book! But, because I am civilized, I would not burn it. I'll just make fun of the people who take it seriously. Page after page of stupidity and nonsense and misinformation and historical hogwash - the whole bit about Jews being slaves in Egypt - never happened - blah - blah - blah - the Chosen - but, then, any old anybody can join up - blah, blah, blah - except fags and dykes - blah, blah, blah - it's OK to sell black people as slaves - blah, blah, blah - it's OK to keep the freed slaves living worse than the slaves did - blah, blah, blah - the END TIMES ARE HERE - over and over and over again, any time some fresh con artist wants to milk us for another few million, hoorah!  :high5:
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

Randy Carson

Quote from: marom1963 on May 14, 2016, 05:17:00 PM
Modern Christians simply cannot justify the barbarity of the Bible - but continue to call it "the Good Book", nonetheless. If ever a book needed burning, it was that one book! But, because I am civilized, I would not burn it. I'll just make fun of the people who take it seriously. Page after page of stupidity and nonsense and misinformation and historical hogwash - the whole bit about Jews being slaves in Egypt - never happened - blah - blah - blah - the Chosen - but, then, any old anybody can join up - blah, blah, blah - except fags and dykes - blah, blah, blah - it's OK to sell black people as slaves - blah, blah, blah - it's OK to keep the freed slaves living worse than the slaves did - blah, blah, blah - the END TIMES ARE HERE - over and over and over again, any time some fresh con artist wants to milk us for another few million, hoorah!

Modern Christians ought to be able to explain and defend the Bible for two reasons:

1. It gets attacked a lot by atheists, Muslims and others, and
2. It can be defended rather easily with a little study.

It sounds like you have a question or two...why not head on over to the new "One Question, One Answer" thread, and ask away!

See ya there!