Heads up for Catholics that were abused by their Priests! .........

Started by 21CIconoclast, May 12, 2016, 03:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Carson

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 23, 2016, 07:04:17 PM
No.  I hate the catholic church because of the outlandish claims it makes

Do you hate all religions equally? Or do you hate Christianity more than others?

And within Christianity, do you hate all denominations equally? Or do you hate Catholicism more?
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 23, 2016, 07:11:32 PM
Do you have evidence that the Pope (any pope) was directly involved with a cover-up of this scandal?

And even if there was such evidence and it proved to be true, why would the actions of that individual undermine the doctrine of the entire Church itself?

Do you mean to tell me that the pope is such a poor leader that he is not even aware of the problem?????  Do you mean to tell me you know nothing of priests being moved around the world who were suspected of child abuse or even convicted of it???????

No other leader except the pope (or other leaders of other religions) states he is THE moral compass of the entire world.  That is an extraordinary claim--and extraordinary care needs to be taken the maintain that claim.  And no other man claims to be infallible.  So, we have an infallible, blind, boastful leader who fails to live up to his claims--yes, that taints the entire movement and the history of that movement.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Randy Carson

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 23, 2016, 07:24:21 PM
Do you mean to tell me that the pope is such a poor leader that he is not even aware of the problem?????  Do you mean to tell me you know nothing of priests being moved around the world who were suspected of child abuse or even convicted of it???????

Do you mean to tell me that President Obama is aware of what every local official and governor is doing with regard to individual criminals within their own jurisdictions?

QuoteNo other leader except the pope (or other leaders of other religions) states he is THE moral compass of the entire world.  That is an extraordinary claim--and extraordinary care needs to be taken the maintain that claim.  And no other man claims to be infallible. 

Infallibility is not called into question here. That's not what infallibility is, how it works or when it is operative. So, set that misunderstanding aside.

Is the pope the moral compass of the entire world? Maybe. You tell me. Does CNN go to wall-to-wall coverage whenever any other world leader dies and is replaced? Can you even name one of the Patriarchs of the Orthodox Church without Google?

QuoteSo, we have an infallible, blind, boastful leader who fails to live up to his claims--yes, that taints the entire movement and the history of that movement.

There have been some really bad popes during the course of the Church's 2,000 years. Generally, the agreed number is about seven. Out of 266. That's about 3%.

And while those popes have caused scandal, they did not teach false doctrine, and the Church has continued long after they have passed away. We are not the New England Patriots. When Tom Brady retires, will the Patriots continue to win as they have? We'll see. But the Church is not so dependent on one person for success or failure; it's way bigger than that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 23, 2016, 07:52:50 PM
Do you mean to tell me that President Obama is aware of what every local official and governor is doing with regard to individual criminals within their own jurisdictions?

But Obama's appointees do not have the advantage of the holy spirit or the personal guidance of jesus.  The pope's appointees have that advantage.  And duty to maintain the 'morality' of jesus.  Apparently the holy spirit and jesus don't work all that often. 

And yes, I know that the pope is not infallible all the time--only when he waves the infallibility wand and chants three time--no place like home, no place like home, no place like home and clicks his heels with his ruby shoes.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 15, 2016, 11:52:49 PM
We should all be sympathetic to the victims, but we should not make additional victims out of the 96-97% of the priesthood which is innocent of these crimes yet is viewed with hatred by people like you.
Ah, care to explain how you know what's going on inside my head?  I never said I hated them.  In the first place, I would have to have some respect for the RCC in order to hate it.

Why aren't you out railing against the 96-97% of church hierarchy that hid the abusive priests and protected them from the law?

Hypocrisy?  You're soaking in it.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Randy Carson

Quote from: trdsf on May 26, 2016, 01:22:33 PM
Ah, care to explain how you know what's going on inside my head?  I never said I hated them.  In the first place, I would have to have some respect for the RCC in order to hate it.

Why aren't you out railing against the 96-97% of church hierarchy that hid the abusive priests and protected them from the law?

Hypocrisy?  You're soaking in it.

Because 96-97% of the hierarchy wasn't involved.

21CIconoclast

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 26, 2016, 02:42:35 PM
Because 96-97% of the hierarchy wasn't involved.

RANDY,

Whether it is 00.1 percent of your priests buggering innocent children or 99.99 percent that do it, IT IS WRONG because of the guise of your Catholic faith is suppose to uphold moral values, GET IT??????   

The Catholic church will NEVER BE THE LEADER OF ANY MORAL STANDARD AS LONG AS IT LASTS, which it is declining in great numbers as I and others have shown. Thank god, ZEUS, for this absolute fact!

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

wolf39us

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 13, 2016, 11:10:42 AM
I wasn't always a Catholic. I am an adult convert. You weren't always an atheist. You are an adult deconvert. Naturally, we feel strongly about the positions we hold currently.

I was always an Atheist.  Never have I bought into religious nonsense

marom1963

Quote from: reasonist on May 12, 2016, 07:30:58 PM
Papa Frank acknowledged that 1 in 50 priests is a (KNOWN!!!!) paedophile! There are priests that abused hundreds of children! Imagine that ratio among school teachers! It would cause a civil uprising! But not when the abuse comes from people who do god's work.
One can only guess what the REAL number within the ranks of the clergy is and what the number of victims is. So many abuses have been internally covered up and many, many children never came forward because of shame!
Really? Has he made that admission? That's a staggering statistic. Given that, it would seem as if there were a check-box on the seminary admissions application.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...