Yahweh creates evil, then drowns creation for it!

Started by 21CIconoclast, May 10, 2016, 03:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 13, 2016, 10:17:29 AM
Because contraception is inherently evil.
Wow, this is like an interview with Charlie Manson. It's like a freak show or a horror movie. I lost interest in freak shows and horror movies a while back. I'm no longer a kid fascinated by poop. Now that I'm 48 and becoming more emotionally mature, religion makes me ill. It's hate speech.

SGOS

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 13, 2016, 09:28:52 AM
Is there a particular question about the scriptures, Christianity or Catholicism that you'd like to ask?

Nope.

doorknob

"Because contraception is inherently evil."

are you a moron? Contraception stops what is inherently evil from happening. Abortion. If you don't like abortions then STFU about contraception. I think it's laughable. All knowing God never actually addresses contraception in the bible yet some shmuck decided they knew what god wanted to say about it. It's all a bunch of bullshit. No where in the bible does it talk about contraception or whether they are evil. You'd think an all knowing god would have foresight but no sadly he seems to only have the knowledge of a goat herder of the time.

I get tired of Christians who hang themselves on this issue.

Baruch

Quote from: doorknob on May 13, 2016, 12:59:14 PM
"Because contraception is inherently evil."

are you a moron? Contraception stops what is inherently evil from happening. Abortion. If you don't like abortions then STFU about contraception. I think it's laughable. All knowing God never actually addresses contraception in the bible yet some shmuck decided they knew what god wanted to say about it. It's all a bunch of bullshit. No where in the bible does it talk about contraception or whether they are evil. You'd think an all knowing god would have foresight but no sadly he seems to only have the knowledge of a goat herder of the time.

I get tired of Christians who hang themselves on this issue.

Anyone tired of being f**** up the ass by Constantine?  Apostle Paul says, you must always obey your government, because G-d put Caligula in charge.

Therefore women must accept marital rape, because G-d intended it for you (but not heterosex outside of marriage or homosex of any kind).  Masochism, sheer masochism if you are a woman and accept this.  If you have a miscarriage, then that is G-d's will also.  Really?  Just don't induce a miscarriage, even accidentally, or you are a murderer.  Really?  If all the women would just walk out the door, the Catholic men could just s*** each other.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

stromboli

Lol. Quoting from catholic magazine to defend his case.  That is objective criticism right there.

Public schools are public. Bad stuff gets reported when it happens. Catholic clergy have been getting way with murder for centuries behind closed doors. Randy has a massive mental block when it comes to Catholicism, apparently.

u196533

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 12, 2016, 06:38:30 PM
Is there a particular question you'd like to ask? An "honest discussion" you'd like to have? If so, what would it be?

Why did Jesus live in an obscure part of the Roman Empire?  Why wouldn't he go to Rome, enlighten the Emperor and abolish slavery etc?
If he could turn water into wine, why did he only have 12 apostles following him around?

reasonist

Quote from: u196533 on May 13, 2016, 02:01:37 PM
Why did Jesus live in an obscure part of the Roman Empire?  Why wouldn't he go to Rome, enlighten the Emperor and abolish slavery etc?
If he could turn water into wine, why did he only have 12 apostles following him around?

The number 12 is prevalent in all three monotheisms, Buddhism and also way earlier in ancient mythology.

http://www.humanreligions.info/twelve.html

it all stems from the 12 signs of the Zodiac, the 12 months of the year. Jesus is just the latest SUN god and the # 12 in the NT is stolen like everything else in it.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

21CIconoclast

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 12, 2016, 05:10:36 PM
Resolved: God's actions in the Old Testament reveal Him to be a moral monster.

You have the affirmative. I will take the opposite position and explain and defend God's actions.

My only request (since I have a lot of threads to maintain) is that we address one point at a time. IOW, I'm not interested in responding to a single post referencing the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, the "genocide" of the Canaanites, etc. I don't care what example you choose, but I do ask that we address one at a time.

Agreed? Is the resolution satisfactory to you?

But you know, I'd also like to ask you this: Is your concern really about the behavior of God in the OT or are you troubled by something much deeper like why there is so much suffering in the world?

Those are two different discussions.

Randy,

First thing, may I enlighten you to not disrespect your primitive Iron and Bronze Age god named Yahweh? When you speak of this brutal monster, you erroneously use the term “god” instead of using his first given name of “Yahweh.”  As you’re historically aware, in the primitive Bronze and Iron Age many gods existed and ruled different territories and their nations owed allegiance to whichever god protected them; Zeus, Mithra, Horus, et al. The Old Testament mentions other gods as existing in a Henotheistic way as you worship the Hebrew god. So, I will meet your condition of one topic at a time, if you accept my condition that you use the name of your serial killer god of “Yahweh” out of respect to continue our discussion.

YOUR QUOTE: “Resolved: God's actions in the Old Testament reveal Him to be a moral monster.”

RANDY CARSON FACT: You are a Catholic

CATHOLIC FACT: The divinity of Christ as being Yahweh god is an essential teaching of the Catholic faith.

BIBLICAL AXIOM AS JESUS BEING YAHWEH: “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”  (1 Timothy 3:16)

Randy, since you admit that your Hebrew Christian Yahweh of the Old Testament was a moral monster, and the fact that you’re a Catholic, and that Jesus is Yahweh god, then the simple logical deduction is the blatant fact that you’ve called your Jesus character a moral monster! Therefore, you’ve called the holy spirit part of Jesus’ triune as Yahweh, as mentioned in 1 Timothy 3:16 above, a moral monster, therefore you’ve committed the unpardonable sin!!!

UNPARDONABLE SIN: “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come” (Matthew 12:31-32)

Now, if you’re able to continue, knowing that you’ve blasphemed your Yahweh god as Jesus by calling him a “moral monster,” where you’re now headed for the burning sulfur lakes of Hell upon your demise, get your latest Catholic apologetic books out and spin yourself into a pretzel in how the Catholic reconciles Jesus being ever loving and forgiving subsequent to him being Yahweh god that initiated the Great Flood that drowned his entire creation. Additionally, killing INNOCENT zygotes, fetus,’ and babies through his abortion killings in an horrific death!

YOU MAY BEGIN.

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

Gerard

21CIconoclast

Quote from: Gerard on May 13, 2016, 03:15:07 PM
[mod]No call out threads!!![/mod]

Gerard

Gerard,

Okay, no more "RANDY REMAINS SILENT ON THIS!" Is this acceptable now?

BTW, where is Randy because he has some 'splainin' to do!

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

Gerard

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 13, 2016, 03:20:04 PM
Gerard,

Okay, no more "RANDY REMAINS SILENT ON THIS!" Is this acceptable now?

BTW, where is Randy because he has some 'splainin' to do!

You'll better find out where he is then.

[mod]locked[/mod]

Gerard