Yahweh creates evil, then drowns creation for it!

Started by 21CIconoclast, May 10, 2016, 03:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21CIconoclast

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 12, 2016, 12:37:08 PM
Your request for the "latest apologetics spin" suggests that you are already familiar with the "old apologetics spin" Christians have offered in the past.

Do you suspect apologists have come up with something new? And have you understood what they already told you well enough to restate it in your own words?

Randy,

Barring your skewed word salad, I am always intrigued by the pseudo-christians latest spin doctoring on any disturbing biblical topic like the one herein.

The question remains, are you going to address the topic at hand of your Yahweh god being ever loving and forgiving, and at the same time of this assumed notion, he drowns his creation as he also initiates abortions to the women with child? Or, are you going to put on your running shoes and run away from it like 99.99 percent of your Christian brethren do on a continued basis?  Well?

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

gentle_dissident

Have you run him off yet? I was quite enjoying this forum until he showed up. Seems there are people here who like to reply to an abusive manipulator as if they're going to change his tune.

21CIconoclast

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 12, 2016, 02:34:54 PM
Have you run him off yet? I was quite enjoying this forum until he showed up. Seems there are people here who like to reply to an abusive manipulator as if they're going to change his tune.

gentle_dissident,

I don't want Randy to change his tune by burying him with disturbing and horrific biblical axioms because that is the entertainment for me, where one shows the pseudo-christian in just how inept and dumbfounded they actually are in still hanging on to their primitive Bronze and Iron Age cult as we go into the 21st century. Subjectively, when an Atheist performs this act to the point where the Christian has to remain silent to save face, as if those disturbing biblical passages and narratives are going away anytime soon, then in a roundabout way, the Christian has changed their tune by not being able to address said disturbing passages and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath. Therefore their "tune" becomes flat and out of key.

Case in point to my posts; Randy Johnson.

“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

Randy Carson

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 12, 2016, 02:00:34 PM

Randy,

Barring your skewed word salad, I am always intrigued by the pseudo-christians latest spin doctoring on any disturbing biblical topic like the one herein.

The question remains, are you going to address the topic at hand of your Yahweh god being ever loving and forgiving, and at the same time of this assumed notion, he drowns his creation as he also initiates abortions to the women with child? Or, are you going to put on your running shoes and run away from it like 99.99 percent of your Christian brethren do on a continued basis?  Well?

Resolved: God's actions in the Old Testament reveal Him to be a moral monster.

You have the affirmative. I will take the opposite position and explain and defend God's actions.

My only request (since I have a lot of threads to maintain) is that we address one point at a time. IOW, I'm not interested in responding to a single post referencing the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, the "genocide" of the Canaanites, etc. I don't care what example you choose, but I do ask that we address one at a time.

Agreed? Is the resolution satisfactory to you?

But you know, I'd also like to ask you this: Is your concern really about the behavior of God in the OT or are you troubled by something much deeper like why there is so much suffering in the world?

Those are two different discussions.
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

Randy Carson

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 12, 2016, 02:34:54 PM

Yeah...mocking Christianity is a hoot until a knowledgeable Christian shows up and starts to point out all your misunderstandings, misinterpretations, fallacies, double-standards and inconsistencies.

Takes all the fun right out of it, don't it?

Nonsensei

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 12, 2016, 05:14:35 PM
Yeah...mocking Christianity is a hoot until a knowledgeable Christian shows up and starts to point out all your misunderstandings, misinterpretations, fallacies, double-standards and inconsistencies.

Takes all the fun right out of it, don't it?

Let me know when such a Christian appears.

So far all I've seen are Christians engaging in baseless assertion campaigns and mental gymnastics, reeking of a deeply held fear that if they ever engaged in an honest discussion of the topic they would be forced to admit they have no legitimate basis for their beliefs beyond making themselves feel better about death.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Randy Carson

Quote from: Nonsensei on May 12, 2016, 05:28:17 PM
Let me know when such a Christian appears.

So far all I've seen are Christians engaging in baseless assertion campaigns and mental gymnastics, reeking of a deeply held fear that if they ever engaged in an honest discussion of the topic they would be forced to admit they have no legitimate basis for their beliefs beyond making themselves feel better about death.

Is there a particular question you'd like to ask? An "honest discussion" you'd like to have? If so, what would it be?

stromboli

Care less about the fiction of Noah's Ark. Might want to look up the ancestors of the Native Americans-Aztecs, Incas, Utes, Apaches, a few other tribes- that were enslaved by the Spanish and later the Portuguese and worked to death in gold mines. The Spanish that included Dominican friars getting wealthy off the death of their converts.

I'm more concerned about the Zika virus that can best be stopped by birth control, not sanctioned by our Pope. Take every microcephalic baby to the Vatican and have His Popeness bless them back to health. The long lasting spread of AIDS/HIV in Africa aided and abetted by the Catholics condemnation of condoms and birth control. Instead of teaching and aiding health measures that would have curbed the spread, they condemned it.

Don't tell me religion is a force for good in the world. There are way too many examples of the opposite.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: stromboli on May 12, 2016, 09:09:54 PMTake every microcephalic baby to the Vatican and have His Popeness bless them back to health.
You forget, the Bible has an out anytime you want to do something like that: "Thou shalt not put the Lord thy God to the test." After all, if you were allowed to exercise scientific scrutiny, you'd run the risk of disproving their religion. :lol:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 12, 2016, 05:14:35 PM

Stroke your own ego much?

SGOS

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 12, 2016, 06:38:30 PM
Is there a particular question you'd like to ask? An "honest discussion" you'd like to have? If so, what would it be?

Why are you such a douche bag?

Randy Carson

Quote from: SGOS on May 13, 2016, 08:05:37 AM
Why are you such a douche bag?

Is there a particular question about the scriptures, Christianity or Catholicism that you'd like to ask?

stromboli

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 13, 2016, 09:28:52 AM
Is there a particular question about the scriptures, Christianity or Catholicism that you'd like to ask?

A particular question? Like why do millions of Catholics give a pass to clergy that live like kings, bugger little boys on a daily basis and live off the donations of the poor and needy to fund their lifestyle? Those kind of questions?

Or why the holy church still continues to insist on not using condoms and birth control when use of same can control disease and improve conditions in poor countries by controlling birth rates? Shit like that?

Its called the big picture. You can argue the existence of Jesus all day, but your religion is guilty of genocide, buggery, pedophilia, taking advantage of the poor and uneducated, and indulging a clergy that in real terms does little or nothing for their flock.

Whole nations have been subsumed and used by your vaunted church. Centuries of virtual slavery and punishment for people that sought to move mankind forward. They threatened Galileo with beheading for merely pointing out what he had learned. They burned Giordano Bruno at the stake. Happy bunch, those Catholics. Just happens the Dark Ages coincided with Catholicism's control of Europe. Hmmm..... Might be a connection there.

There is an ongoing pattern of removing pedophiles from positions where they harm children and move them to other places so they can continue their lifestyle, rather than turn them over to authorities. On and on, your religion is nothing but a corrupt and useless organization that was formed to perpetrate and indulge the power hungry and ceased any useful purpose centuries ago. Work on that for a bit.

Randy Carson

Quote from: stromboli on May 13, 2016, 09:48:44 AM
A particular question? Like why do millions of Catholics give a pass to clergy that live like kings, bugger little boys on a daily basis and live off the donations of the poor and needy to fund their lifestyle? Those kind of questions?

We don't. That was easy.

Next.

QuoteOr why the holy church still continues to insist on not using condoms and birth control when use of same can control disease and improve conditions in poor countries by controlling birth rates? Shit like that?

Because contraception is inherently evil.

Next.

QuoteIts called the big picture. You can argue the existence of Jesus all day, but your religion is guilty of genocide, buggery, pedophilia, taking advantage of the poor and uneducated, and indulging a clergy that in real terms does little or nothing for their flock.

Do Catholics have monopolies on all these things? Or do you find them just about everywhere humans can be found?

Next.

QuoteWhole nations have been subsumed and used by your vaunted church. Centuries of virtual slavery and punishment for people that sought to move mankind forward. They threatened Galileo with beheading for merely pointing out what he had learned. They burned Giordano Bruno at the stake. Happy bunch, those Catholics. Just happens the Dark Ages coincided with Catholicism's control of Europe. Hmmm..... Might be a connection there.

Not really. And you misrepresent the case against Galileo. Bruno was condemned as a heretic based upon his rejection of numerous doctrines. You can read more here:

http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/how-fact-becomes-anti-catholic-fiction

Next.

QuoteThere is an ongoing pattern of removing pedophiles from positions where they harm children and move them to other places so they can continue their lifestyle, rather than turn them over to authorities.

Yes, and I'm very disturbed about reports that public school officials have been doing this. Next.

QuoteOn and on, your religion is nothing but a corrupt and useless organization that was formed to perpetrate and indulge the power hungry and ceased any useful purpose centuries ago. Work on that for a bit.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. You sound like a very intolerant person.

Next.

Absurd Atheist

How come nobody is replying to the OP? There are some legitimate points being made here.
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849