Do Christians really come into this Lion's Den?

Started by 21CIconoclast, May 10, 2016, 02:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21CIconoclast

I've been poking around this forum but haven't seen any reputable Christians, other than the garden variety type, to discuss their primitive Bronze and Iron Age bible and their serial killer god named Yahweh. Do they dare venture forth into this forum, or do they know better to remain on the outskirts so as not to be bludgeoned to death with fact, logic and reason?
“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

gentle_dissident

Quote from: 21CIconoclast on May 10, 2016, 02:39:29 PM

I've been poking around this forum but haven't seen any reputable Christians, other than the garden variety type, to discuss their primitive Bronze and Iron Age bible and their serial killer god named Yahweh. Do they dare venture forth into this forum, or do they know better to remain on the outskirts so as not to be bludgeoned to death with fact, logic and reason?

Any reputable Christian would hug you for that.

21CIconoclast

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 10, 2016, 02:44:39 PM
Any reputable Christian would hug you for that.

gentle_dissident

What I was eluding too is any Christian that actually has read their primitive bible, and that has not been spoon fed their doctrine on Saturday or Sunday mornings. Those are the most fun to discuss their faith with because they usually have their apologetics on stand by, as they turn themselves into pretzels defending their primitive faith.
“When Christians understand why you dismiss all the other gods in the Before Common Era, then you will understand why I dismiss your serial killer god named Yahweh.”

reasonist

Some do, and try to sermonize by re-hashing the same garbage a thousand times, hoping some is going to stick if only repeated often enough. But the patience of some of the fellow atheists, who still play with them, is astonishing!
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

21CIconoclast

Quote from: reasonist on May 10, 2016, 03:08:35 PM
Some do, and try to sermonize by re-hashing the same garbage a thousand times, hoping some is going to stick if only repeated often enough. But the patience of some of the fellow atheists, who still play with them, is astonishing!

reasonist,

Well, "patience" is my worse trait, therefore I go for the quick kill as it saves the Christian from turning themselves into even larger pretzels, that may be detrimental to their health,  as they try in vain to defend their Bronze and Iron Age cult.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: reasonist on May 10, 2016, 03:08:35 PM
I think it's something other than patience.

reasonist

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 10, 2016, 03:21:07 PM
I think it's something other than patience.

What would it be then? Masochism? Boredom?
I mean one can try only so many times to reason and present logical arguments, if that fails every time because they are instantly ignored, then why continue? To repeat something that doesn't work, over and over and expect a different outcome, is the definition of ...well not being reasonable.  :zzz:
Voltaire

gentle_dissident

Quote from: reasonist on May 10, 2016, 03:33:47 PM
I mean one can try only so many times to reason and present logical arguments, if that fails every time because they are instantly ignored, then why continue? To repeat something that doesn't work, over and over and expect a different outcome, is the definition of ...well not being reasonable.  :zzz:
Baruch called it, "Whack A Mole", but he's a deist.

21CIconoclast

Quote from: reasonist on May 10, 2016, 03:33:47 PM

reasonist,

For the most part, the Atheist brings forth Science, Philosophy, and the like, where I bring forth their primitive Judeo-Christian bible as the impetus to hoist them on their own petard. When this is done, and they have no more wiggle room, yes, their silence becomes deafening for obvious reasons. Then with a few subsequent shaming posts, a dash of reminder posts in other threads, they either leave in shame, or are made the continued fool if they remain.  Hardly a prize to be honored by the pseudo-christian in either circumstance.

reasonist

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 10, 2016, 03:44:10 PM
Baruch called it, "Whack A Mole", but he's a deist.

Lol. Who is whacking and who is getting whacked here??
Voltaire

Baruch

Clearly Randy has more time on his hands than even I do.  He must have a full budget from the Vatican to post here full time ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Ummm.............what's a 'reputable' christian????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

Other than user "Contemporary Protestant" I can't think of any Christians who came here for reasons other than proselytizing.

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel