Discrimination Against Atheists

Started by stromboli, May 06, 2016, 11:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

For the benefit of those who have encountered discriminatory behavior. Carry on.

Mike Cl

Kind of reminds me of an old song--."......don't let your babies grow up to be atheists.............."
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

The Skeletal Atheist

Wait, why would more people have us wait tables? Is there a stereotype I'm missing?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

widdershins

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on May 06, 2016, 11:57:36 AM
Wait, why would more people have us wait tables? Is there a stereotype I'm missing?
The stereotype is that it is not safe to leave your child in the custody of an atheist for various reasons, the nicest of them being that we will try to convert that child to atheism.
This sentence is a lie...

Unbeliever

I suppose that's why so many atheists are still deep in their closets. I don't hide my lack of belief, but neither do I bandy it about.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: widdershins on May 06, 2016, 01:23:23 PM
The stereotype is that it is not safe to leave your child in the custody of an atheist for various reasons, the nicest of them being that we will try to convert that child to atheism.
What I'm asking is that is there a stereotype that atheists are good waiters or something?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah, but would you trust an atheist to make something out of wood? DANGER DANGER! 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Nonsensei

I used to think nobody cared if I was an Atheist since I lived in the less religious northeast. I used to browse these forums on my work computer during lunch all the time. (this was allowed)

Then we got a new boss. He was obviously religious, and he was also a closet skinhead. One day he noticed me browsing these forums. From that point on my job became miserable as he used every excuse he could find to berate me and write me up. I was a damn good worker, so he couldn't fault me on my work. Instead he always talked about how I wasn't a very friendly person. Honestly, nobody in that shithole was friendly because we were all massively underpaid and overworked.

It took him 2 years but he finally drove me to leave, and by the end of it he had convinced all the managers that I was a problem employee.

Learned my lesson real good. Never let anyone know that I am an Atheist. Ever. Nothing good can ever come of going public. Its much more acceptable to be gay in this country than it is to be an Atheist.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Nonsensei on May 07, 2016, 11:57:26 PM
I used to think nobody cared if I was an Atheist since I lived in the less religious northeast. I used to browse these forums on my work computer during lunch all the time. (this was allowed)

Then we got a new boss. He was obviously religious, and he was also a closet skinhead. One day he noticed me browsing these forums. From that point on my job became miserable as he used every excuse he could find to berate me and write me up. I was a damn good worker, so he couldn't fault me on my work. Instead he always talked about how I wasn't a very friendly person. Honestly, nobody in that shithole was friendly because we were all massively underpaid and overworked.

It took him 2 years but he finally drove me to leave, and by the end of it he had convinced all the managers that I was a problem employee.

Learned my lesson real good. Never let anyone know that I am an Atheist. Ever. Nothing good can ever come of going public. Its much more acceptable to be gay in this country than it is to be an Atheist.
That's the beauty of working for yourself. You might not make as much money, but life is certainly more enjoyable and less stressful. Chasing after the dollar bill your entire life putting up with shitheads for it?  It's not worth it to me.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

reasonist

That must be the christian love they always talk about....ULIA, unconditional love in action, that was the christian motto when I was growing up.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Unbeliever

Oh, neat, if you say it right it sounds a bit like "you liar"!  :headscratch:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

widdershins

In my youth I was a bit of a cock to people at work I didn't like.  I spent a couple years trying to get along, but eventually I just didn't fucking care anymore.  I hated the job, I hated my life, I felt used and unappreciated and was at the point in my life where I was just coming to the realization that I was not going to change the world.  I was in a bad place and there were some people there who very much made it worse.

The first, to this day, is the biggest bitch I have ever known in my life.  This bitch made Anne Coulter look almost likeable.  If you had power and could get her power, you were he best friend.  He ACTUAL best friend was another employee who just happened to be the daughter of the guy who owned the company.  If you had power, but couldn't do anything for her, she was not your enemy, but neither did she bother to befriend you.  If you had no power, dog shit was more appealing to her.  Quite a few employees were driven out because they refused to kiss her ass.  Her job was to print out things for people.  Nothing too tough, but she HATED doing it.  You see, she had to do things for other people when they asked and that irritated her.  At one point a department got their own printer, but they were STILL making her print things for them.  (She was in charge of "special" printers; high quality, large page size, etc.)  So one day she got the IT guy (had power, couldn't get her any) all worked up about how this department had gotten this nice new printer and they weren't using it, so he should take it away and give it to someone who would.  And he was ready to do it, BUT, he was an IT guy and it was all the way in a different department so he wasn't in a hurry to ACTUALLY go get it.  Plus he really wanted to tell the boss about the great job he was doing.  So later that day when the owner walked in, he laid out his plan, repeating almost word for word which Bitch had said to him.  "If they're not going to use that printer I'll just take it and give it to someone who will."  The boss responded that they did, in fact, use that printer.  They used it a lot.  It just wasn't good enough for things that they needed to fax.  All this time, Bitch is standing there, waiting to see for herself the fruits of her labor.  She IMMEDIATELY chimes in, "Yeah, I knew they used that printer..."  Bitch started some shit and threw the innocent IT guy (who I also loathed) right under the bus when it went to hell.  The most useless piece of shit excuse for a human being I have ever known or am likely to ever know in my entire life.

Employee number 2, I just didn't like.  He pissed me off.  Fresh out of college he came in and undid months of my work because, this being his first job, he knew better and it fucking got under my skin, me being the one who had to do the actual work involved.  He was immediately allowed to make decisions on a project which I had already spent months working out and had a plan for, to change the nature of the work I had to do; the work I was proud of, having not yet made a single contribution himself to even the workforce, much less this company or project.  But he was given some power and, dammit, he wanted to use it!  I don't remember the decision any more.  The biggest impact it had on the project was that it pissed off the guy who was actually doing the work.  There was no functional change, just the nature of how I did the work changed.  I believe there was at least a little rework involved.  So, day one, I did not like him and my opinion did not improve with time.

So one day I formulated a plan.  I would send a spoofed email to a friend which appeared to come from Bitch and spoke quite unfavorably about Number 2.  This friend would make Number 2 promise to say nothing (he didn't want to get in the middle of it, wink) and then showed him the email, then immediately deleted it.  Number 2 and Bitch already didn't like each other and the plan was (jokingly...sort of) to get rid of both of them by getting Number 2 to murder Bitch.  Of course it didn't work (the murder part) but I put Bitch and Number 2 in a world of shit for months to come to rival what I was going through.  At one point, when leaving for lunch, Number 2 was walking behind Bitch and she didn't know it when she started speaking unflattering about him (she actually did this to everyone, INCLUDING her 'best friend".  She was "one of those people".  But he didn't know this).  He fucking exploded on her.  At another point he thought she was letting air out of his tires.  If Number 2 were just a TINY BIT less of a pussy I think the plan might have actually worked as planned, though to be honest I never actually expected a murder to take place.  But what did happen, I think it might have actually come closer than I like to imagine.

Not long after that Number 2 quit.  Another year, maybe two, and Bitch quit too.  Best Friend had started to see what she was doing behind her back, as did a few other people.  She was pretty much topped out in the power she would get and starting to lose it.  I think she got a job at a courthouse or something.  Go figure.

The moral of the story is this:  Don't just take it when people at work fuck with you.  Put into an action a diabolical plan of great evil to, first, make them AT LEAST as miserable as they have made you and, second, put their lives in physical danger simply because you can.  With just a tad bit of knowledge of psychology which you can get by simply observing people, paying close attention and analyzing what you see you can learn to push anyone's buttons in just the right way to create the perfect shit storm which you can watch from a safe distance.  Before ever putting this plan in motion I KNEW that Number 2 would not mention the email.  He was a dick, but he was a dork.  My friend made him "promise" not to say anything.  He had given his word.  What's more, my friend was being friendly to him, one of the few people there who were.  He would not compromise that.  So before I even began I was relatively certain that my deception would not be discovered (at the time I swear I REALLY did not put this much thought into it, but this stuff was in the back of my head.  I also never REALLY believed he would kill her, but thinking back, if he were just a little unstable, it could have happened).

In your case simply bringing a Bible to work would have stopped the harassment.  Make sure the buy sees you on the forum WHILE reading from the Bible and formulating a post.  It would be one you never actually intend to post, but he wouldn't know that.  In that post have something in capitol letters.  This makes it stand out, easy to read.  Make it short and make it say something about how stupid atheists are.  Immediately this Dipshit thinks, "Oh!  He's not an atheist!  He is BASHING atheists!  This guy is the best guy ever!"

It could end there, but, personally, the story would continue with friendship, hanging out after work, a night of drinking, a rufie, a hooker, some pictures sent to his wife and pastor...the usual.
This sentence is a lie...

Harassed

I'm Atheist/don't care since forever
Then Harassed by MENNONITE BRETHREN ORGANIZED CRIME
Like I'm on their top 10, atheist devil list
24/7 surveillance, swarming, stalking, character defamation, threats, intimidation
Their false image will be exposed
Thumpers want to take me to court. Go ahead

KUSA

The real reason is that Atheists eat babies.

stromboli

As in "Don't believe that! Stop believing right now!"