Athiest are the dumbest people. No Offence its just true.

Started by Babytooth, May 05, 2016, 04:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Carson

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 08, 2016, 11:49:15 AM
But you're skipping Question Zero. A shared delusion is a possibility. It's a certainty when we're talking about the Virgin Mary appearing in the sky.

There are no group hallucinations. People don't share dreams.

Try this: next time you wake up, tell your wife, "Hey, I was just dreaming that we were vacationing in Hawaii. Let's go back to sleep, and you can join me."
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

Randy Carson

Quote from: Johan on May 08, 2016, 01:32:39 PM
The fact that something has a large number of followers in no way serves as evidence that what those followers believe is true.

I agree. Did you hear me? I AGREE.

What I have said since making my comment about the iPhone, is that when a large crowd gathers, there is probably a reason. Kinda like when you hear that a TV show is popular or that some singer has sold a zillion records...so, it might be worth checking out.

Hijiri Byakuren

This whole string of threads reminds me of an old troll we had for awhile. Not saying Randy's a troll, but if he starts talking about smurfs, I'm leaving.

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 08, 2016, 02:04:17 PM

Try this: next time you wake up, tell your wife, "Hey, I was just dreaming that we were vacationing in Hawaii. Let's go back to sleep, and you can join me."

So you are saying that Our Lady of Fatima is fake?  Has the Pope been told?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 08, 2016, 02:04:17 PM

Where did I say anything about dreams. I know you want me to stick to your script, but I'm not here to audition for "Evil Atheist."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on May 08, 2016, 05:40:38 PM
Heinlein told a story about a man who stood on a street corner in NYC and just stared at the sky. Pretty soon other people were staring, then people started saying "I see it too!" Some fakes, some with bad eyesight, and some who wanted to be "cool".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Randy Carson

Quote from: Baruch on May 08, 2016, 05:40:38 PM

I'm saying that actual appearances of Mary at Fatima or of Jesus after his resurrection are not hallucinations.

There are no group hallucinations.

Randy Carson

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 08, 2016, 06:17:05 PM
Where did I say anything about dreams. I know you want me to stick to your script, but I'm not here to audition for "Evil Atheist."

No need to try out. You're a dead ringer for the part.

Okay, I'm kidding. I have no way of knowing whether you're evil or not.

People don't share dreams or hallucinations.

Baruch

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 08, 2016, 07:39:11 PM
I'm saying that actual appearances of Mary at Fatima or of Jesus after his resurrection are not hallucinations.

OK.  That at least was consistent.  Are you feeling well? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 08, 2016, 07:40:49 PM

Hey!  Just a damned minute!  Why does Gawdzilla get to be the evil atheist??!!  Since you claim to be christian, it is within your usual practice to judge freely that which is evil and not evil.  So, can't your make room in your judgement for at least two evil atheists????  Judging others and being a hypocrite are the hallmarks of your religion--so don't be shy, spread your judgments around!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 08, 2016, 07:53:33 PM
Hey!  Just a damned minute!  Why does Gawdzilla get to be the evil atheist??!!  Since you claim to be christian, it is within your usual practice to judge freely that which is evil and not evil.  So, can't your make room in your judgement for at least two evil atheists????  Judging others and being a hypocrite are the hallmarks of your religion--so don't be shy, spread your judgments around!

Maybe you can play Hydra?  On second thought, since I am like Captain America, that would be a bad idea ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 08, 2016, 07:39:11 PM

Who said "hallucinations"? You keep trying force the conversation into a track you can deal with. Sadly, there isn't any.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 08, 2016, 07:40:49 PM

I used to kill people for $247/month.

I was ordered to do that by Christians.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 08, 2016, 07:53:33 PM
I have the quals.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 08, 2016, 08:07:36 PM
I used to kill people for $247/month.

I was ordered to do that by Christians.

But if America had a Pretorian Guard, and you were in it, you could have gotten competitive bidding on who to kill, and made better money ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.