News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What catholics must ignore

Started by reasonist, May 04, 2016, 08:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reasonist

Being a catholic means one has to supress and ignore certain inconvenient historical FACTS:

I simply cannot list all atrocities over the last 1,500 years or so but here are the ones that are impossible to whitewash and most upsetting to me. Starting with the cruisades that wiped out a third of the world population and moving towards the inquisition, it is estimated that between 500,000 and 8 million women were bbqed because they "were suspected of having heredetary thoughts", owning a black cat or having red hair. Exact numbers are unavailable because of shoddy bookkeeping by the papacy (just kidding). Being burned alive because of the accusation of thought crimes. Tens of thousands of accused heretics were tortured until confession. I have visited a few torture chambers, the imagination of the clerics to find different ways of and torturing and killing knew no limits. At the same time any assets like land, buildings, money, jewellery etc. was confiscated by the catholic church from the tortured. Over time, the wealth of this cult was beyond belief. Today it is estimated between 2 and 3 trillion dollars. The Vatican is major shareholder in large businesses like the Beretta gun factory (of course no conflict of interest to own a manufaturer of deadly weapons), and Generali, the largest Insurance company in the world. Land owned by the catholics in Europe alone, including huge agricultural lands, monasteries, wineries and such is worth billions. God needs lots of money. No books have ever been opened, no taxes ever been paid.
The collusion with the Nazis is probably the most evil atrocity in the recent past. The Vatican signed a "Reichskonkordat" with Hitler, stating that the church will look the other way no matter what the Nazis do, in return for the Nazis to leave the church and it's assets alone. The perfect marriage: a tyrannical, genocidal group of  thugs and the Lord's divinely ordained messengers. As a thank you, Hitler, a lifelong catholic, initiated the church tax in Germany and Austria which is in effect to this day. Vatican officials, the most notorious was Bishop Alois Hudal, helped members of the SS like Rudolf Eichmann, Martin Bormann, Heinrich Mueller, Franz Stangl and hundreds more (possibly even Hitler himself) escape to South America and the Middle East in the aftermath of the war.
In Italy the Vatican did the same with Mussolini and got the independent statehood of the Vatican as gift in return.
60 million dead, including 7 million Jews gassed with the silent agreement of the Vatican. What can be more repulsive than looking the other way and do nothing in the face of such evil!
Just two examples of the glorious past of the catholic church. What is amazing to me is the fact that in view of such monstosities so many people ignore the bloody past and still buy into this poisonous cult. Any human with the slightest moral compass must be repulsed and disgusted in view of this.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

gentle_dissident

You're a saint for bringing this up. Part of the reason they get away with it, is that it hurts for compassionate people to think about it. Also, we still see the good in Darth Vader.

Mike Cl

The RCH is one of the richest corporations in the world.  The  popes clothing alone, if sold, could feed thousands for days, at least.  Yet they chastise people for being too rich--camel going through the eye of a needle and all.  Hypocrisy has been and always will be second nature to them.  Think of all the records of old that have been destroyed by this loving organization.  It seems the ends always justify the means.  It is comical that the priests who cannot marry (must keep all the wealth within the organization) give advice to married couples.  Talk about the blind leading the gullible!  And how many centuries have priests had their way with (yes, in a sexual way) alter boys and girls and women?  That's how long the church has been covering it up.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

reasonist

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 04, 2016, 09:49:11 PM
The RCH is one of the richest corporations in the world.  The  popes clothing alone, if sold, could feed thousands for days, at least.  Yet they chastise people for being too rich--camel going through the eye of a needle and all.  Hypocrisy has been and always will be second nature to them.  Think of all the records of old that have been destroyed by this loving organization.  It seems the ends always justify the means.  It is comical that the priests who cannot marry (must keep all the wealth within the organization) give advice to married couples.  Talk about the blind leading the gullible!  And how many centuries have priests had their way with (yes, in a sexual way) alter boys and girls and women?  That's how long the church has been covering it up.   
How true! The church's motto: No child's behind left (alone).
Voltaire

Baruch

The RCC cutting a deal with Mussolini, is just like cutting a deal with Charlemagne.  Practical politics dealing with tyrants.  But Hitler was supposed to the step-child of Mussolini ... but it was more like Mozart vs Salieri ... no German would let any Italian take all the bows.

The RCC was also involved in WW I ... that was the RCC attempt to end republics and democracy in favor of autocracy and monarchy.  And WW II was WW I ... part 2.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

So has Islam finally stopped being the bogeyman of this website?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on May 05, 2016, 08:07:10 AM
Oh, there is enough room for multiple 'bogeymen'. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

reasonist

Looks like our apologist is too embarrassed to answer any of the historical facts listed. These ARE historical facts, not conjured eyewitness accounts from 2,000 years ago. The only point worthwhile making is how can anyone believe in a cult with such a blood drenched past (and present)? How can so many sheep ignore this and still belief in their moral superiority? To any rational thinker, this is madness.
Voltaire

Blackleaf

Quote from: reasonist on May 05, 2016, 11:04:41 AM
Looks like our apologist is too embarrassed to answer any of the historical facts listed. These ARE historical facts, not conjured eyewitness accounts from 2,000 years ago. The only point worthwhile making is how can anyone believe in a cult with such a blood drenched past (and present)? How can so many sheep ignore this and still belief in their moral superiority? To any rational thinker, this is madness.

Randy has about six threads full of people who are giving him arguments to both respond to and ignore. He'll get to this one soon, I'm sure.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on May 05, 2016, 08:07:10 AM

I hope that PR126 and Joe are OK.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

And yet the Protestants believe in a Bible that was handed to them lock, stock and barrel by the RCC. As Thomas Paine pointed out, "The Bible has been received by the Protestants on the authority of the Church of Rome, and on no other authority. It is She that has said it is the word of God."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 05, 2016, 07:13:25 PM
And yet the Protestants believe in a Bible that was handed to them lock, stock and barrel by the RCC. As Thomas Paine pointed out, "The Bible has been received by the Protestants on the authority of the Church of Rome, and on no other authority. It is She that has said it is the word of God."

The modern Protestant scholars think they can get around that by studying earlier manuscripts, prior to the Vulgate.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Hmmm...I'm not sure the words "Protestant scholars" and "think" belong in the same sentence... :think:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 05, 2016, 08:28:59 PM
Hmmm...I'm not sure the words "Protestant scholars" and "think" belong in the same sentence... :think:

It is better to try and fail, than not try at all.  They simply can't get past the same miraculous BS any more than Catholics can.  If Protestantism had directly produced secularity, I would have been impressed.  But then Luther was struck by lightning.  That had to have smarted!  Zeus wasn't amused.  Luther still missed the meaning.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Randy Carson

Quote from: reasonist on May 05, 2016, 11:04:41 AM

I'm happy to discuss any issue one at a time.

I don't address laundry lists like the OP.
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.