FOX News Defends Trump's Defense of Nazis/White Supremacists/Bigotry

Started by Shiranu, August 18, 2017, 08:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: randomvim on August 20, 2017, 12:49:24 PM
thats complete b.s. a cult should have no place in politics and such a disgusting thing has no place in American history.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

The same goes for religion, and that's the entire point. And FYI, Satanism is not a cult. It's not even a religion. They don't believe in gods and they treat the Devil as a character, not an actual historical entity.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 20, 2017, 12:06:06 PM
At this point, it seems like Trump's Presidency is just a big social experiment to see how far the Right will go to defend Trump before they finally agree that he's crossed the line. My Facebook news feed lately has equal parts frustrating and hilarious. Notice few are actually trying to justify the violence in Charlottesville. Instead, they're trying to distract people with the wrongs of the Democratic Party.

"Few people remember  (except everyone who's heard this argument a million times), but the Democrats used to be the ones who defended slavery and opposed minority rights. Trust us, nothing has changed about either party in those 100+ years. The KKK only switched sides because they like tax breaks. It's not because our party is behind the times now and is more attractive to ultra Conservative Christian white nationalists like the KKK and Nazis. The Democrats are the real racists."

Even Trump can't cross their line.  He could fall short of it though...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Drew_2017

Quote from: randomvim on August 20, 2017, 12:47:14 PM
1. "When Trump says the two sides are equal in violence and hate, he states a routine false equivalency"

I refer to this single sentence.

2. argueing for confederate statues:
https://youtu.be/nHZX48hNczw

https://youtu.be/1Jadmjn3ebs

https://youtu.be/wdsvSA74Tuw

3. seattle. * so you say all statues should be taken down if they dont match a national identity or image. okay.  did you also address the problem I presented? rhetorical question
a. identify a national identity
b. consult a community that doesnt match that national identity

This reminds me of the Washington Redskins tempest in a teapot over the name Redskins. 89% of Indians polled either didn't object or recognized it was in honor of Indians. It takes an affluent white guy like Bob Costas to teach the ignorant Indians they are being offended by the owners of the team. After all they're savages too stupid to know when they are being insulted. So a smart white guy like Costas needs to let them know they're being offended.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
Albert Einstein

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jex6k2uvf9aljrq/theism.rtf?dl=0

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 20, 2017, 12:18:45 PM
Knowing I am a theist...would that be like knowing I'm black its not surprising I like watermelon and chicken? Knowing I'm Irish its not surprising I'm drunk. Knowing I'm Mexican you wouldn't be surprised if I was eating a burrito?
No--as much as you'd like that to be so.  Theists==believing in a fiction.  You simply listed a stereotype, not a fact.  It is a fact that if you are a theist, you must believe in a god/creator; those are fictions.  You would rather 'believe' a thing than to do any reasoned thinking.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 20, 2017, 12:18:45 PM
Knowing I am a theist...would that be like knowing I'm black its not surprising I like watermelon and chicken? Knowing I'm Irish its not surprising I'm drunk. Knowing I'm Mexican you wouldn't be surprised if I was eating a burrito?

People are born black, people are born in Ireland and Mexico. People are not born Christians. Do not try to equate religion with race and nationality. Mexicans do not have a system of beliefs that they all unite under. Christianity is all about group-think.
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 20, 2017, 01:25:04 PM
No--as much as you'd like that to be so.  Theists==believing in a fiction.  You simply listed a stereotype, not a fact.  It is a fact that if you are a theist, you must believe in a god/creator; those are fictions.  You would rather 'believe' a thing than to do any reasoned thinking.

Yeah, the anecdotal evidence always exists for any view.  Debating here might be the same as hitting myslf with a hammer to prove I can feel pain...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Drew_2017

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 20, 2017, 01:25:04 PM

You wrote...

QuoteKnowing you are a theist, I should not be surprised you side with the neo-nazis and white supermists.

Not a stereotype huh?

You don't know belief in a Creator of the universe is false, you don't know if mechanistic forces alone could or did cause all we observe. You just have strong faith its true. A kind of prejudice and bias in its own right.
Albert Einstein

Drew_2017

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 20, 2017, 01:33:58 PM
People are born black, people are born in Ireland and Mexico. People are not born Christians. Do not try to equate religion with race and nationality. Mexicans do not have a system of beliefs that they all unite under. Christianity is all about group-think.

Are you sure there isn't a 'Christian' gene that forces them to be Christian like some folks claim to be born gay?
Albert Einstein

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 20, 2017, 01:40:46 PM
Are you sure there isn't a 'Christian' gene that forces them to be Christian like some folks claim to be born gay?

Many aspects of people's personalities and behavior, good and bad, have a genetic component. Even the behavior of cheating on a romantic partner appears to have a genetic predisposition. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a gene that predisposed people to religion. As for homosexuality, there's no doubt that it is predetermined by birth. "Some folks" don't say that, researchers in the field of psychology say it.
--Fulke Greville--

Drew_2017

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 20, 2017, 02:17:25 PM
Many aspects of people's personalities and behavior, good and bad, have a genetic component. Even the behavior of cheating on a romantic partner appears to have a genetic predisposition. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a gene that predisposed people to religion. As for homosexuality, there's no doubt that it is predetermined by birth. "Some folks" don't say that, researchers in the field of psychology say it.

I wonder how many guys explained to their wives (or wives to their husbands) they were born to commit adultery ergo its not their fault? I wonder how many accepted that explanation?

There is a lot of doubt it's predetermined by birth. No problem everyone states their beliefs as incontrovertible fact on this board. I do it now too peer pressure I guess or a state belief as fact gene. Either way its not my fault, I'm not responsible for what I say or do...no one is.

Albert Einstein

Baruch

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 20, 2017, 02:38:49 PM
I wonder how many guys explained to their wives (or wives to their husbands) they were born to commit adultery ergo its not their fault? I wonder how many accepted that explanation?

There is a lot of doubt it's predetermined by birth. No problem everyone states their beliefs as incontrovertible fact on this board. I do it now too peer pressure I guess or a state belief as fact gene. Either way its not my fault, I'm not responsible for what I say or do...no one is.

If we were held responsible, Zeus would have fried all our asses by now, with lightning bolts from Mt Olympus.  A friend of mine visited Greece in 2007, climbed Mt Olympus.  No gods home that day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 02:40:40 PM
If we were held responsible, Zeus would have fried all our asses by now, with lightning bolts from Mt Olympus.  A friend of mine visited Greece in 2007, climbed Mt Olympus.  No gods home that day.

We know those Greek gods are myth.  It's just taking the religions created since then a very long time to realize their myths are myths too.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on August 20, 2017, 02:42:05 PM
We know those Greek gods are myth.  It's just taking the religions created since then a very long time to realize their myths are myths too.

The clergy knew all along.  But you can't separate people from their means of livelihood easily.  On the other hand, unlike most folks here, I don't decry fiction or myth.  I only decry not being honest about it.  Honest fictions aren't frauds.  It is all in how you present it.  If we told children the truth at a young age, they would all commit suicide rather than grow up.  We can't have that now, can we?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sorginak

Quote from: Baruch on August 20, 2017, 02:49:05 PM
If we told children the truth at a young age, they would all commit suicide rather than grow up.  We can't have that now, can we?

We lie to them about other things, yet we eventually tell them the truth.  Why should the truth that religion is a myth be any more harrowing than Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy being myths?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 20, 2017, 02:38:49 PM

I'm guessing not very many have used that excuse, for the reasons you mentioned.

Quote from: Drew_2017 on August 20, 2017, 02:38:49 PMThere is a lot of doubt it's predetermined by birth. No problem everyone states their beliefs as incontrovertible fact on this board. I do it now too peer pressure I guess or a state belief as fact gene. Either way its not my fault, I'm not responsible for what I say or do...no one is.

Psychological research is not a belief system.
--Fulke Greville--