News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How many GODS do you have?

Started by Arik, May 08, 2019, 08:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

It's hilarious when someone like Absolute_Agent inserts into his post the words "Quantum Mechanics" and knows absolutely nothing about the subject. Is he trying to be fashionable, or what?

Why exposing yourself as an intellectual fraud?

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 06, 2019, 04:07:44 PM
It's hilarious when someone like Absolute_Agent inserts into his post the words "Quantum Mechanics" and knows absolutely nothing about the subject. Is he trying to be fashionable, or what?

Why exposing yourself an intellectual fraud?

Many do this.  You are one of the few legitimate posters on the subject.  Yes, it is pseudo intellectual posturing.  Unless one uses it very carefully.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Simon Moon on August 06, 2019, 03:47:46 PM
His response is pretty typical of theists, when it is pointed out to them, that people of almost every religion: claim to love their gods, claim their gods talk to them, claim they can feel their god, etc.

And they all have the same amount of 'evidence' to support their claims, which is personal and hearsay.

And here I am, standing outside all unsupported theistic belief systems, with no way of knowing which one, if any, is true.

And all we have, is theists like Absolute_Agent, providing us with all the same flawed evidence, and fallacious arguments, that every Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jew has ever provided us with.

When I was married, my wife was my god, and yes, I could feel her up ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Simon Moon

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 06, 2019, 04:07:44 PM

Why exposing yourself as an intellectual fraud?

Of course.

Because obviously, if it's mysterious and not totally understood, it's a place to insert 'god'.  After all, if scientists can't explain it, god is as good as explanation as any.

As Neil deGrasse Tyson said, "If that's how you want to invoke your evidence for God, then God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time moves on."

And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

trdsf

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 06, 2019, 03:38:48 PM
And here I thought you were into math.  It is, after all, a mathematical dilemma that is the basis of your argument that my position is untenable, or that I can't understand flowers, or use science.  But as I have been saying, math is only a construct.  It's only in the mind--from within.  You are only exchanging one construct for another.
And of course, you completely ignore the part of the post you can't answer and try to hide behind an irrelevance.  Math has nothing to do with the fact that you're trying to assert the simultaneous truth of two mutually exclusive things.

Thanks, I know all I need to know about you now.  We're done here; whether you're unwilling to address, or incapable of addressing, the logical fault in your position, I couldn't care less â€" all that's clear is that obviously you won't, and I have no patience for philosophical masturbation.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

josephpalazzo

When someone goes out of his way to assert, "I know God is real," you know you are talking to a lunatic.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 06, 2019, 06:37:08 PM
When someone goes out of his way to assert, "I know God is real," you know you are talking to a lunatic.

Yes.  But that isn't the only diagnostic.  If someone says ... I am an academic ... what is the diagnosis? ;-)

I know I am real, and that I am a demi-god (along with all other humans).  G-d is a mythic personification, to me, of our common humanity.  But not an idealization.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Baruch on August 06, 2019, 06:46:45 PM
Yes.  But that isn't the only diagnostic.  If someone says ... I am an academic ... what is the diagnosis? ;-)

I know I am real, and that I am a demi-god (along with all other humans).  G-d is a mythic personification, to me, of our common humanity.  But not an idealization.
I know Allah (G-d) is real, not mythic, and He is sufficient for me.  It is not we who have imagined Allah, but He who has imagined us--and called us into being along with all things.  I invite you atheists to the reality, and this truth.  This material world is an illusion, but your freedom to persist in believing such illusion is inviolable.  I feel God's love all around--distinct and unique from any sensation, and more powerful than what my physical senses can detect or my intellect can grasp.  It may be possible to love what isn't real, but it is impossible to be loved by what is not real.  This is not meant as proof, but testimony.  The proof is within, available to all who seek. There is nothing more I could say to convince you.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 06, 2019, 07:20:56 PM
There is nothing more I could say to convince you.

Good. Now get lost.

Mike Cl

I There is nothing more I could say to convince you.

That was true from the first word of your first posting.  You are simply  a chew toy for us.  If that is what you like to be, then stick around.  Otherwise you should leave, for you will not change anybody's mind but your own.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Simon Moon

I know Allah (G-d) is real, not mythic, and He is sufficient for me. It is not we who have imagined Allah, but He who has imagined us--and called us into being along with all things.

How would you go about demonstrating this to us?

If a Hindu comes here (as a few have done in the past) and make the same claims about their god, how are we supposed to tell that they are wrong, and you are right?

QuoteI invite you atheists to the reality, and this truth.

How am I supposed to determine if your claim is reality?

If you are correct, I really want to know. I care about believing as many true things, and disbelieving as many false things as possible.

Again, how am I, a disbeliever in all gods and religions, supposed to differentiate your unsupported assertion, from those of all those other religions? Or, how am I supposed to differentiate your unsupported assertion, from a delusion?

QuoteThis material world is an illusion, but your freedom to persist in believing such illusion is inviolable.

Non Sequitur.

QuoteI feel God's love all around--distinct and unique from any sensation, and more powerful than what my physical senses can detect or my intellect can grasp.  It may be possible to love what isn't real, but it is impossible to be loved by what is not real.  This is not meant as proof, but testimony.  The proof is within, available to all who seek.

I spent a couple of decades sincerely 'seeking' for a god. I read several religious texts, including the Qur'an. I received no responses from any god. Is your god purposely hiding?

Your 'feelings' are meaningless to those of us that care about evidence and logic. Why would a god want us to believe based on bad reason and evidence?

QuoteThere is nothing more I could say to convince you.

Well then, I guess there is no reason for you stick around. Personal testimony is meaningless, for those of us that care if our beliefs are true or not.

I discuss these subjects with theists, because I care if they actually have good (evidence based, and not fallacious) reasons for believing.

If you don't think you have anything else to offer us, then there may be no further need for discussion. If you do think you can support your claim that Allah exists, with evidence and valid and sound argument, then by all means, stick around.
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Unbeliever

I'm sure another faith-head will be along soon, they can't seem to stay away. Unfortunately, they'll have exactly the same silly arguments all the others have come at us with.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Absolute_Agent

Quote from: Simon Moon on August 06, 2019, 08:03:22 PM
How would you go about demonstrating this to us?
One atheist at a time.
If a Hindu comes here (as a few have done in the past) and make the same claims about their god, how are we supposed to tell that they are wrong, and you are right?
It isn't necessary for a Hindu, or Buddhist, or Wiccan, or what have you, to be wrong for me to be right.  But this is PhD level study in religion.  You're still in kindergarten.
How am I supposed to determine if your claim is reality?
Prayer is the only way to know the reality of my claim.
If you are correct, I really want to know. I care about believing as many true things, and disbelieving as many false things as possible.
If you really want to know the truth you will find it.  Or, rather, it will find you!
Again, how am I, a disbeliever in all gods and religions, supposed to differentiate your unsupported assertion, from those of all those other religions? Or, how am I supposed to differentiate your unsupported assertion, from a delusion?
It takes years of study to realize how all established religions are pointing to a common origin and a common goal.  I don't expect you to take my word for it, but before we can even get to that point you would at least need to accept the existence of God as a rational belief.  I am well versed in major religions, having studied 37 odd years, and am capable of bridging these gaps as necessary.  Before you could determine whether my beliefs are a delusion you would have to establish that you yourself are not living in delusion.  You haven't done that.
I spent a couple of decades sincerely 'seeking' for a god. I read several religious texts, including the Qur'an. I received no responses from any god. Is your god purposely hiding?
Is it possible that you never prayed?  You won't receive a response if you never pray.  If you did, then what did you say?  Perhaps I could better answer this question if I knew more details.  Sometimes the answers to prayers come in ways unexpected, and consequently are not perceived.
Your 'feelings' are meaningless to those of us that care about evidence and logic. Why would a god want us to believe based on bad reason and evidence?
Logically speaking, God created us with feelings.  It is closely related to the purpose of our existence.  If He gave you an ability He would want you to use it.  Feelings make us human.  We were made to act as a bridge between immaterial spirit and matter--the co-regents of creation.  Feelings are the conduit which connect us in this dimension to all other dimensions.  They are also the impetus of creative acts.  I can demonstrate this second assertion logically if you are in doubt.  As an example it has been found that memory is closely linked to emotion.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Absolute_Agent on August 07, 2019, 08:33:41 AM
Prayer is the only way to know the reality of my claim.

And since that claim can never be proven, it's the equivalent of bullshitting.

Arik

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 07, 2019, 09:02:37 AM
And since that claim can never be proven, it's the equivalent of bullshitting.

Don't be ridiculous and stubborn Jos.

Most Atheists even reject clear facts based on evidence (see NDEs) so how on earth can you talk about evidence if evidence mean nothing to you?

Get real man. 
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das