Dad just tested positive.

Fuck.

All the best to him, and you and yours. :(
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

NC hit 2,227 cases today, which is not far away from our peak.  :(

We have nearly as many total cases as Arizona now, though Arizona has a smaller population.  Still, not good.

Remember when I was white-knuckled about a mere 1000 cases a day?  Good times.  And our testing % looks like a gooddamn half-pipe.  I'm not joking, check it out.  From 7.7% down to 4.4% all the way back up to 8.4%.  It's dropped down somewhat to 7.3% since then, but jeez, it's so volatile that you could roll a 2d6 to forecast next month's number.  I'm not a fan of that sort of uncertainty.  These numbers should be going down and staying down.  Period.  Other places got their crap together and got their numbers down, it's high time we did too!

Hydra009

And the national map certainly paints a picture of coronavirus petering out in large cities but ravaging rural areas:  it's spreading less rapidly in the South but tearing up the Midwest from Wisconsin to Oregon.

NC stands out as a glaring exception - still very much red, though the urbanized piedmont is flat while the predominantly rural western and eastern counties are climbing.

trdsf

Dad's cough is already starting to go away, and so far no one else in the family has tested positive.  Huzzah!
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

The buddy I hang out with daily came down with a fever this morning, thought it might be the dreaded virus, but it looks to be likely the regular flu, but he got a test (nurses(!) actually came here (outside the library) to give him the test). First time I've actually seen a vivid test, but it seems to be just as I'd heard it to be. I'll be interested to see how long the result takes.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Now I hear that Hope Hicks has the virus. I hope she didn't give it to her boss.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

Dear Donnie,

Is it a fucking hoax NOW, you unrational mass-murdering fuckwit?

Signed,
Most of the rest of humanity.

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on October 02, 2020, 01:58:33 AM
Guess who just tested positive
The doctor shouldn't have told him.  Wouldn't want him to panic.

Sucks that he's sick, but it is what it is.

drunkenshoe

I wonder, if anyone will send him bottles of disinfectants with injection needles, written "Medicine" on them. LOL

He'll probably declare that the covid-19 was designed to target himself from the beginning to prevent America from being great again. After firing various people for passing it to him, of course.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 01, 2020, 09:24:11 PM
The buddy I hang out with daily came down with a fever this morning, thought it might be the dreaded virus, but it looks to be likely the regular flu, but he got a test (nurses(!) actually came here (outside the library) to give him the test). First time I've actually seen a vivid test, but it seems to be just as I'd heard it to be. I'll be interested to see how long the result takes.

I hope your friend gets well. If he tests positive, maybe you should test too?

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 02, 2020, 02:14:32 AM
The doctor shouldn't have told him.  Wouldn't want him to panic.

Sucks that he's sick, but it is what it is.
Yup.  It's his own fault for falling prey to a hoax.

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 02, 2020, 02:20:18 AMI wonder, if anyone will send him bottles of disinfectants with injection needles, written "Medicine" on them. LOL
I hear injecting bleach is a good idea.  At the very least, demand hydroxychloroquine and take it in large doses no matter what your libtard doctor says.  What does he know?  He's probably the last or second last in his class, anyway.  Shouldn't even use the word smart in Trump's presence.

QuoteHe'll probably declare that the covid-19 was designed to target himself from the beginning to prevent America from being great again. After firing various people for passing it to him, of course.
He was secretly (semi-secretly now, of course) very anxious about getting it.  That's why he insisted on strict screenings.  But screenings alone can only do so much.  Doing all these open-air venues and getting into real close proximity with people (maskless, no less) was just rolling the dice, as Herman Cain found out.

drunkenshoe

I guess, Biden was tested immediately after the news.

Oh my... I wish I could translate the social media posts from here. (The sane, secular minority crowd.) It mostly includes intense envy. ROFL. Well, you get it.