What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 30, 2020, 10:01:49 AM
Sitrep 4/29 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily):  28,429 (two-day increase)
New deaths (daily):  2,390 (barely less than the day before)
Currently infected:  855,127 (increased)

Not good :(

https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-says-us-coronavirus-deaths-could-far-less-predicted-cautions-against-loosening-1497120

The stats now (a month later) looks like there will be 100K US deaths ... Dr Birx low projection.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"California Closes All State Beaches And Parks After Crowds Ignore Social Distancing" ... oops!

"Chinese Communist Party Knew That Their Bio-Labs Were A Ticking Time Bomb In October" ... bureaucrats don't save you, they didn't save the Soviet Union.

"UK Study Shows 18,000 Extra Cancer Deaths Possible Within A Year Due To COVID-19 Focus" ... result of deferred regular hospital trips

"As Italian Crime Drops By 66.6% During Lockdown, Loan Sharks Focus Lasers" ... aka the petty criminals are staying home, but loan sharking on financially distressed lower classes will be gangbusters

"Between 2001 and 2016, economic and social deprivation in England consistently accounted for a staggering 9.3 year average reduced life expectancy for males... " .... an indefinite lockdown would do similar things

"Portland To Ban Cars On 100 Miles Of Roadway To Promote Safe Distancing" ... didn't know cars could get Covid ;-)  What about passengers in cars and crowded bike paths?

"Majority Of Canadians Think COVID-19 Vaccine Should be Mandatory, New Poll Shows" ... UK, Canada, NZ are more authoritarian.  The US and Australia less so.  Even so, propaganda looms large in both the US and UK ...

"77th Brigade: Is British Military Waging An Information War On Its Own Population?" ... of course.  In wartime you have to totally BS your own population.

"In California, New York, & Other Big States, Multi-Stage "Reopenings" Will Take Many Months To Fully Play Out" ... duh.

PS ...

"Turkey looks to ease coronavirus restrictions" ... but what about ham? ;-)  I had turkey for lunch.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 30, 2020, 11:18:13 AM
"Success"

Kushner: "The federal government rose to the challenge and this is a great success story and I think that that's really what needs to be told."

And State media (sorry, FOX News) will repeat that line over, and over, and over until the devout echo it like a mantra.

It doesn't matter what story is the truth, it only matters what story the state says is the truth. And it's much easier to spread such stories when journalists are no longer in charge of the journalism, on either side of the isle. The news that makes it to the screen now is just the opeds, and if you don't like it... just find an oped that agrees with you.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

One other thing I had skimmed over...

QuoteThe President said Wednesday afternoon that other countries "don't have the ability to do what we're doing" on coronavirus testing and that while the 1 million coronavirus cases sounds bad, it is "an indication that our testing is so superior."

41 countries do more testing per capita than we do.

Of course I doubt the concept of, "We have a shit load more people, so of course we have a higher total of tests overall" is something he could wrap his brain around.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 30, 2020, 02:55:41 PM
Kushner: "The federal government rose to the challenge and this is a great success story and I think that that's really what needs to be told."

And State media (sorry, FOX News) will repeat that line over, and over, and over until the devout echo it like a mantra.

It doesn't matter what story is the truth, it only matters what story the state says is the truth. And it's much easier to spread such stories when journalists are no longer in charge of the journalism, on either side of the isle. The news that makes it to the screen now is just the opeds, and if you don't like it... just find an oped that agrees with you.

CNN is state media.  Fox is Australian-owned media.  Are you saying that Australia runs the US?

Jared Kusher is Trump's son-in-law.  You expect him to say ... "Death to Trump" ;-(

The US government response has been poor.  All government response has been poor except for Taiwan and S Korea.  Both enemies of China.  Nations who have made profit from Chinese slave labor, have handled it less well.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 30, 2020, 03:00:51 PM
One other thing I had skimmed over...

41 countries do more testing per capita than we do.

Of course I doubt the concept of, "We have a shit load more people, so of course we have a higher total of tests overall" is something he could wrap his brain around.

Unfortunately, many of the tests are defective, particularly the ones brought in from China ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Mermaid on April 30, 2020, 04:57:41 PM
https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/covid-heroes.htm

Looking at things like that makes me question whether I have somehow slipped into an alternate reality.

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 30, 2020, 05:06:02 PM
Looking at things like that makes me question whether I have somehow slipped into an alternate reality.
We have. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on April 30, 2020, 04:57:41 PM
https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/covid-heroes.htm

I saw Bill Clinton live in 1992.  Saw Ross Perot live in 1992.  Couldn't see George H W Bush live in 1992 unless I went to a $10,000 plate dinner (I didn't go).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

You came out of your mother ... this is the alternate reality (compared to womb).  Grown men who live in their parent's basement, are attempting to return.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Sitrep 4/30 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily): 30,829 (increased, three day trend)
New deaths (daily): 2,201 (decreased slightly)
Currently infected: 878,843  (increased)

Same ol', same ol'

SGOS

Some careless time traveler went back and messed with the time line.