News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

We've Been Drinking Coffee the Wrong Way

Started by Aletheia, May 23, 2015, 12:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

Oh good. I thought this was going to be another article about drinking coffee orally instead of the regular way.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Mike Cl

Quote from: kilodelta on May 23, 2015, 05:22:11 PM
Oh good. I thought this was going to be another article about drinking coffee orally instead of the regular way.
Do I really want to ask what the regular way is for you???????????????????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Aletheia

I'm a heretic, I drink tea.

It's the drink of the future:

Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Aletheia on May 23, 2015, 06:54:51 PM
I'm a heretic, I drink tea.

It's the drink of the future:


Not my future! javascript:ajaxChat.insertText('%3AD');
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mermaid

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 23, 2015, 05:53:07 PM
Do I really want to ask what the regular way is for you???????????????????
Mainlining maybe?

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

trdsf

I used to double brew when I was in college and needed to pull an all-nighter.  And I went through a phase of drinking quadruple espressos in a latte mug a few years back.

These days, I make it the old-fashioned way: a vacuum pot, on the left on the back of the stove.

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on May 23, 2015, 07:47:04 PM
I used to double brew when I was in college and needed to pull an all-nighter.  And I went through a phase of drinking quadruple espressos in a latte mug a few years back.

These days, I make it the old-fashioned way: a vacuum pot, on the left on the back of the stove.


Oh wow!  did you do those pastries???  Looks almost better than the coffee.  As for me, I just use the down-to-earth Mr. Coffee.  Love my Yankee Clipper!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 23, 2015, 02:01:42 PM
Well thank you for such wonderful thoughts Shiranu.. By the way..just how the fuck did your name come up in my spell check?

Oh...

You know...

Every day is a good day to *remove from server* an autocrat.

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 23, 2015, 07:53:23 PM
Oh wow!  did you do those pastries???  Looks almost better than the coffee.  As for me, I just use the down-to-earth Mr. Coffee.  Love my Yankee Clipper!
English muffins, actually, and yeah, I did.  I need to make another batch of them, they were quite good.  The bread behind was made by a friend; I think that was Irish soda bread, though it might have been her beer bread.  Maybe I'll whomp some up this week.  They make exceptional hamburger buns, too.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on May 23, 2015, 08:43:17 PM
English muffins, actually, and yeah, I did.  I need to make another batch of them, they were quite good.  The bread behind was made by a friend; I think that was Irish soda bread, though it might have been her beer bread.  Maybe I'll whomp some up this week.  They make exceptional hamburger buns, too.
What time can I come over????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 23, 2015, 08:45:33 PM
What time can I come over????
Careful, that's the closest I've had to being asked out in a long time.  XD
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 23, 2015, 02:16:10 PM
Ha!  That looks like me before I get my morning coffee.
1. Find cup.
2. Add creamer.
3. Pour coffee.
4. Drink.

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO ALL THAT BEFORE YOU'VE HAD YOUR COFFEE?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on May 23, 2015, 08:52:04 PM
Careful, that's the closest I've had to being asked out in a long time.  XD
Coffee, english muffins, Irish soda bread, beer bread--right in my wheelhouse!  I am easily bribed! :)  And I'm not asking you out, but me in. :))))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 23, 2015, 09:05:22 PM
Coffee, english muffins, Irish soda bread, beer bread--right in my wheelhouse!  I am easily bribed! :)  And I'm not asking you out, but me in. :))))
The soda bread and beer bread are not my creations, sadly -- though I should get the recipes, they're fantastic.  Next on my list is rye bread, for when she next makes corned beef, to make reubens of awesomeness.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on May 23, 2015, 10:06:08 PM
The soda bread and beer bread are not my creations, sadly -- though I should get the recipes, they're fantastic.  Next on my list is rye bread, for when she next makes corned beef, to make reubens of awesomeness.
Damn, you do know how to eat!  Every year for St. Pat's day we have corned beef.  And I have to go to the local deli to get Irish soda bread.  Homemade rye bread would be awesome for rubens!  Have to talk my wife into doing that!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?