Christian Militia Claims Authority to Kill Obama

Started by stromboli, November 26, 2013, 12:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

isn't it in acts or corinthians,,maybe romans that the authorities are approved by god? They always seem to ignore this.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "aitm"isn't it in acts or corinthians,,maybe romans that the authorities are approved by god? They always seem to ignore this.

Don't you know that Obama is a communist, muslim, Kenian born no good community organizer, and therefore worshipping the wrong God? Therefore approval from the right God denied.

stromboli

I daresay that threatening the prez on Facebook is not the smartest move, unless this douche has a persecution complex and wants to become a martyr. That will not work the way he thinks, I am sure. In any case he has the NSA searching in his sock drawer for contraband from this day forward.

aileron

Quote from: "aitm"isn't it in acts or corinthians,,maybe romans that the authorities are approved by god? They always seem to ignore this.

Rom 13:1  Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except by God's appointment, and the authorities that exist have been instituted by God.

Peter 2:13-14  Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

aitm

Quote from: "aileron"

Rom 13:1  Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except by God's appointment, and the authorities that exist have been instituted by God.

Peter 2:13-14  Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.

ah..there it is. Thanky Aileron. I coulda done that but I knew someone would know without me having to trudge back through that crap.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Atheon

Quote from: "Valigarmander"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Can anyone tell me the difference between these christian militias and the muslims suicide-bomb terrorists?

How many recent instances can you recall of Christian militiamen actually killing people instead of just talking out of their asses?
The Oklahoma City bombing. The Atlanta Olympics bombing.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

aileron

Quote from: "Atheon"
Quote from: "Valigarmander"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Can anyone tell me the difference between these christian militias and the muslims suicide-bomb terrorists?

How many recent instances can you recall of Christian militiamen actually killing people instead of just talking out of their asses?
The Oklahoma City bombing. The Atlanta Olympics bombing.

I also wouldn't get a warm, fuzzy feeling walking down the street if I were an abortion provider.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

The Skeletal Atheist

I'm going to love it when the Secret Service claims, and uses the authority to cavity search these dipshits. Congratulations! By directly threatening the president you have given the Secret Service and the FBI probable cause to search your house and/or body cavities...remember to brush your teeth and pre stretch your rectum!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Plu

Muslims suicide bombers have the common decency to blow themselves up along with killing the infidels.

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "mykcob4"I like how people misuse the Constitution to justify their own criminality. I don't see anything in the Constitution, the 2nd Amendment, or anywhere else that justifies killing the president.

Agreed.

QuoteThere are several versions of the text of the Second Amendment, each with capitalization or punctuation differences. Differences exist between the drafted and ratified copies, the signed copies on display, and various published transcriptions. The importance (or lack thereof) of these differences has been the source of debate regarding the meaning and interpretation of the amendment, particularly regarding the importance of the prefatory clause.

As passed by the Congress and preserved in the National Archives:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, then-Secretary of State:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Ame ... nstitution

While the 2nd Amendment was important to people for the purpose of combating a tyrannical government (among other reasons), it gives no authority whatsoever to kill the president. No one has the authority to execute any US citizen except for the state, usually after a trial. (I say "usually" because, well, drone strikes...)

Anyway, this guy is a fruitcake. He has no authority whatsoever to kill anyone, even if this was a tyrannical government. He has the right to bear arms, and that's it. Revolutions and assassinating heads of state are not usually sanctioned. :/ Also, he's a fucking dumbass for walking such a thin line....he might as well have outright threatened the president. If he's lucky he'll just be on a shitload of watch-lists for the rest of his life.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges