News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 03, 2020, 11:06:54 PM
That Trump's must have recently that it was true, and you must disagree with him no matter the issue or cost.

You seem to have a habit of making these bad faith arguments, and then dodging when pushed on your BS.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on October 03, 2020, 11:06:54 PM
That Trump's must have recently that it was true

Quoteand you must disagree with him no matter the issue or cost.
Well, you're dead wrong there.  (which isn't a new thing)

It's pretty common for Trump people to assume that his critics are motivated purely by partisan reasons or personal dislike.  Imagine my surprise at you using one of these talking points.

But even a blind person will notice that I'm willing to give him credit when he says or does that's actually decent.  I even did that during the debate with Biden, during his debates with Clinton, agreed with him that our infrastructure badly needs to be overhauled, etc.  Obviously, it doesn't happen very often and it's kinda drowned out by a lot of truly horrific stuff (I refuse to cheerlead that stuff or try to spin that stuff as something less atrocious than it really is and don't respect anyone who does, hint hint)

But look, this is verbatim what the guy said:
Quote from: Trump"The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus," he told the crowd in North Charleston.

"One of my people came up to me and said, 'Mr. President they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn't work out too well," Trump said. "They tried the impeachment hoax."

"This is their new hoax,"
Now look, I know this is from a long and rambling speech and it's real easy to slip up and say something you don't fully mean.  In which case, it's super easy to clarify and correct the error later.  He didn't.  And even worse, he really leaned into this "hoax" stuff with a lot of retweets of what can generously be described as fringe views - stuff that twitter even removed because it was so factually misleading - culminating in that infamous tweet expressing his approval of that demon sperm lady and her coronavirus "cure".

Make no bones about it, Trump flirted with denialism and quackery to score political points.  And we have a lot of new graves now because of it - because a lot of his supporters and even people in general took him up on that and went around without masks, treating covid like it was no big deal.  That is 100% on him.  He literally could have golfed every single day and we would've had a better covid response because the USPS mask delivery wouldn't have been blocked.

And this thing about "politicizing" the virus is especially rich considering everyone else was on board with treating this covid stuff like any other natural disaster - listen to the experts, take appropriate precautions, save American lives.  He probably would have gotten a poll boost in the process and could've made a mint with Trump-branded masks.

Instead, he rejected wearing a mask, compared it to the yearly flu, cast doubt on the effectiveness of masks, set loose his supporters to "liberate" an oddly select handful of states with Democratic governors, opined that the brief lockdowns were "worse than the disease" (200k deaths and climbing, who knows how much long-term injuries), held plenty of events with very few masks and no social distancing, and basically infuriated any American with any sense whatsoever for months on end on this issue.

He made this a political issue.  And now it's biting him in the ass.

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 04, 2020, 01:00:01 AMYou seem to have a habit of making these bad faith arguments, and then dodging when pushed on your BS.
Or just disappearing and then returning a couple weeks later like nothing happened.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 04, 2020, 02:37:42 AM
Or just disappearing and then returning a couple weeks later like nothing happened.

Or the Great Houdini, escaping all the dumb Dem traps?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on October 03, 2020, 11:48:04 PM
It’s that little souvenir of a terrible year
Which makes me wonder why

Name that tune....

If you have an aversion to pork you have already been chipped by Elon.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Is this man really sick or not? When was he really diagnosed? If there is nothing serious why the conflicting comments? Who makes those kind of mistakes when reporting about a president's health in an outbreak? I've stopped reading at some point. Why do they have to turn everything in to a badly written dark farce?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/03/us/politics/trump-covid-updates.html
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 04, 2020, 03:57:46 AM
Is this man really sick or not? When was he really diagnosed? If there is nothing serious why the conflicting comments? Who makes those kind of mistakes when reporting about a president's health in an outbreak? I've stopped reading at some point. Why do they have to turn everything in to a badly written dark farce?

You know you almost have to appreciate the fact that even with the Trump-man momentarily out of the picture, those around him still try their very best to uphold his legacy and do their best to muddle all information concerning the white house.
"Confusion and misderiction is al we've been trained to do these past four years, for God's sake: don't let up! "
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

drunkenshoe

You know what, Trump gives a general impression that like he looks down on sick people; being sick in general. Like people lose value when they get sick and become less? But then he looks down on a lot of things I bet. Those kind of people are usually have certain kind of phobias...germs, sickness. But he wouldn't be able act this way from the beginning -going around without masks- if he had some phobia. He is creepy.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on October 04, 2020, 04:07:02 AM
You know you almost have to appreciate the fact that even with the Trump-man momentarily out of the picture, those around him still try their very best to uphold his legacy and do their best to muddle all information concerning the white house.
"Confusion and misderiction is al we've been trained to do these past four years, for God's sake: don't let up! "

It seems that way, yes. But every one of them? Or it is the fear to lose their jobs?

Cassia

Compared to 99.9% of humans that have walked the planet, I have lived a luxurious life. A good number of people have had a pretty good run as of late. It is uncertain as to whether this trend has peaked out relative to our lifespans or not. Perhaps we will slide into a state of "Acedia", as Huxley says....

It paralyses human will, “it forsloweth and forsluggeth” a man whenever he attempts to act.  From accidie comes dread to begin to work any good deeds, and finally wanhope, or despair. 

In any event I am mentally preparing for a long, difficult 2021 with a resolution to not fall into despair and do more to help by simple means. The virus is just a primer for much change to come. This may also be a time when music, art, and literature become important like rice and beans for those of us who don't worship deities.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 04, 2020, 03:57:46 AM

Be suspicious of any politician, but not too suspicious ;-)

@Cassia … Agenda 2021 prepare to be assimilated by the globalist Borg, as Comet Pizza topping
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 04, 2020, 12:13:35 PM
Neanderthal genes linked to severe covid symptoms

Oof.  Bad news for me.  :(

Nation of Islam cult correct, White people created by Black mad scientist ... Wakanda!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

QuoteNYT: Dr. Conley said that the president had been given the steroid dexamethasone on Saturday, in addition to remdesivir, an antiviral drug. Dexamethasone has been shown to help patients who are severely ill with Covid-19, but it is typically not used in mild or moderate cases of the disease.
Dexamethasone carried by mountain climbers in rarefied air like Mt. Everest is the last ditch effort to get climbers with severe cases of HAPE (High Altitude Pulmonary Edema) down to lower elevations.  Trump's condition may not be that dire as Dex has been found to be helpful in Covid for about 6 months now, but not a routine procedure.  I'm thinking Trump does not have just a mild case of Covid.  But any information from his camp is best taken with skepticism.  And none of us among the rabble has access to the information.

Unbeliever

I think it was Ike who had a heart attack, but his people said it was "stomach pains."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman